MMO's with real time combat.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by dj_pulserfan (3098 posts) -

Are there any MMO's with fully real time combat?

I just stopped playing WoW, I got tired of playing whack a mole. Are there any out there that are fully real time, no breaks in combat, just unadulterated action? 

#2 Posted by WARxSnake (2153 posts) -
theres plenty but the first that comes to mind is huxley, wait for that.
#3 Posted by THGarrett (2574 posts) -
PlanetSide?
#4 Posted by screenblast (108 posts) -
PlanetSide is very old though
#5 Posted by GeForce2187 (2963 posts) -
World War II Online, Planetside And Huxley are the only 3 I can think of, and the last isn't out yet.
#6 Posted by RocKtheCasbaH (683 posts) -
If you're looking for fanstasy MMO's that have real combat intead of auto-lock and button mashing then you could try Dungeons and Dragons Online or Age of Conan (out later this year)
#7 Posted by Ontain (25498 posts) -
the action in COH/COV is a lot faster than WoW. GW is pretty fast too.
#8 Posted by RK-Mara (11488 posts) -

Dungeons and Dragons Online is the only MMO out with good real time combat.

Age of Conan is coming out later this year. You should check it out. 

#9 Posted by L_burna (414 posts) -

The chronicles of spellborn and Tabula rasa both have real-time combat

TCOS is coming into open beta on the 22nd of April, at least that's the rumor, while TR is in closed beta and scheduled for release in Q3

I played planetside, found it lacking, probably because it's old :p

BUT, if I remember you can play planetside for free for a pretty long time, so it's all good

#10 Posted by dj_pulserfan (3098 posts) -
the action in COH/COV is a lot faster than WoW. GW is pretty fast too.Ontain
COH/COV elaborate please?
#11 Posted by Swiftstrike5 (6950 posts) -
yeah I wish there were more of these.
#12 Posted by ChocoKat (319 posts) -

[QUOTE="Ontain"]the action in COH/COV is a lot faster than WoW. GW is pretty fast too.dj_pulserfan
COH/COV elaborate please?

City of Heros ad City of Villians.

#13 Posted by FragMonkey09 (1543 posts) -
Eve Online
#14 Posted by Stevendawg (500 posts) -
Huxley should kick ass
#15 Posted by kilaan (843 posts) -
Eve OnlineFragMonkey09
Heh, thats anything but real time action. I had my joystick all hooked up and got all pumped up to try the 7 day free trial only to find out its everquest in space. There are only a couple out right now, WWII, DnD online, and Planetside, with a few coming out soon. The biggest issue with real time combat and MMO's is server side hit detection or client side hit detection (depending on the game) is a **** due to lag and the amount of players swinging and shooting. I mean, you get a 32 player match going on BF2142 or CS and a few people with really high pings and lagging out it can be a mess, try doing that with a few thousand players. Even 300 players it can be really really awful (planetside client side hit detection.) Turn based combat that 90% of all mmo's use is much more forgiving and a lot less noticible.
#16 Posted by thusaha (14495 posts) -
Huxley should kick assStevendawg
Yes, it looks awesome.