This topic is locked from further discussion.

yp_yo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 yp_yo
Member since 2005 • 142 Posts

Hey guys I was wondering if there were any games that are MMORPG Shooters .

Basically I want something like WOW with BF2142 combined so if you know any ganes similar pl share.

Also I dont want a game like warrock where you click into matches I want something like where you run aroudn and pick quest sorta...

tomjacobs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 tomjacobs
Member since 2003 • 462 Posts
Tabula Rasa.
hama666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 hama666
Member since 2004 • 3061 Posts

Planetside, terrific game, PERFECT mix of FPS and RPG. The best thing is, even the low level characters are useful and can definitely take on the high level and more experienced players.

Try the free trial on their site.

hama666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 hama666
Member since 2004 • 3061 Posts

Sorry forgot to add, Planetside is only PVP, you wont be doing much questing im afraid.

I would probably agree with Tabula Rasa. NeoCron used to be good (a deux ex sort of MMORPG) but its community is more or less dead and its devolopers are corrupt.

Spectre_Ops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Spectre_Ops
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
I would say either Tabula Rasa or Hellgate: London. I've yet to play either. Hellgate didn't get the best reviews, but a lot of that is stability issues. If you could get it running, you might find something you like in it.
SentientGames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 SentientGames
Member since 2004 • 633 Posts

Yep, the closest thing, made recently,to what you're looking for is either Tabula Rasa or Hellgate: London. Tabula Rasa doesn't really feel like a shooter, but it has strongthird-person shooterelements. It's more of anMMORPG then a shooter.It's a really fun game, but it's not everyone's cup of tea. Hellgate: London is not really and MMO, but it has some MMO elements. It's basically a shooter with RPG elements, and you can group up with people online. Also really fun, but has a lot of glitches right now that Flagship is having problems fixing.

WolfyWetFurr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 WolfyWetFurr
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Ok, being that Tabula Ras, Hell Gate: London, and soon Planet Side, are discontinued. Are there any others?
WolfyWetFurr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 WolfyWetFurr
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
In the USA- I should say.
GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10 GodLovesDead
Member since 2007 • 9755 Posts
World War 2 Online is the only worthwhile MMOFPS I've played. Planetside was a bit too complicated and convoluted for me to get into - and the combat wasn't much fun. WW2 Online though is scarce on the RPG elements.
zerosaber456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 zerosaber456
Member since 2005 • 1363 Posts
look up 'face of mankind' it's entering closed beta soon I believe
Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#12 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11785 Posts

HUXLEY...

but it was supposed to come out in 2006.

who knows it still might come out, but i have doubts that it will.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58375 Posts

I would say either Tabula Rasa or Hellgate: London. I've yet to play either. Hellgate didn't get the best reviews, but a lot of that is stability issues. If you could get it running, you might find something you like in it.Spectre_Ops

Arent both of those shutting down really soon.

But ya, I recommend Tabula Rasa. Its a good game, just not good enough.

Skullcandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#14 Skullcandy
Member since 2003 • 763 Posts
Hellgate is done. You can still play the single player game but the online servers were shut down as of Jan 31st. I used to play Planetside and loved it, but it's a bit dated now. Tabula Rasa was fun for a month or so, then just repetative. It's not really a FPS either. You're really out of luck right now for a FPS MMO, no one has done it right so far. There's a cartoonish spy MMO coming out that I forget the name of thats supposed to be more action oriented. Maybe someone else remembers the name of it?
THA-TODD-BEAST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 THA-TODD-BEAST
Member since 2003 • 4569 Posts

World War 2 Online is the only worthwhile MMOFPS I've played. Planetside was a bit too complicated and convoluted for me to get into - and the combat wasn't much fun. WW2 Online though is scarce on the RPG elements.GodLovesDead

World War 2 Online is one of the best MMO games I've ever played. The problem is, most "n00bs" don't know what it is and/or have never played it. I really wish they'd offer free trials for the game that don't require credit cards, because I think they'd get even more players that way. And just for those of you who don't know: WW2 Online (now known as "Battleground Europe") is a MMOFPS game set in World War 2 that pits the Allies versus the Axis and that allows players to dedicate themselves to a single role at a time. You can be an infantry, be a tank driver, fly a plane, and even control an anti-tank gun that you roll around. The cool thing is that you can't hop in and out of vehicles on the fly so you have to be careful about how you play each one. The map that you play on is modeled after the real European landscape at the time and is incredibly large. The game has also received visual upgrades over the years as well as gameplay changes such as better-positioned spawn points so that players don't have to travel so far to go into enemy territory.

In short: WW2 Online is an excellent MMOFPS that everyone should try. I am no longer a subscsriber, but back when I played, it gave me some of the best PC gaming memories I think I've ever had. (And that was several years ago, even back before the upgrades and back when it was very fresh and still being sold as "World War 2 Online: Blitzkrieg.")

aura_enchanted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#16 aura_enchanted
Member since 2006 • 7942 Posts
im afraid tabula rasa is no longer in service, richard garriot closed its servers for good a little while ago, the agency is coming soon that should satiate your needs.
wolfgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 wolfgo
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

Halo 2
APB

GeryGo

Forum Posts