Minecraft LAN server.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by FpsRec (70 posts) -

Hi.

I bought Minecraft legally a second ago, and was wondering how to set up a LAN server for me and my brother. Could someone simply guide me through the different steps? I'm using W7 64-bit, btw.

Sorry if there's already a related thread. I couldn't find one when I was searching, though.

#2 Posted by TEH_RADIO (418 posts) -

You can find all this stuff on the minecraft forums. I personnally don't know how though...

#3 Posted by Sparticus247 (2368 posts) -

I've got a server up and running. The easiest way is to just use the exe.http://www.minecraft.net/download.jsp

Just run it where ever you want to store all the server data. The first time you run it it may take a minute to generate all the files, but should be up and running in no time after the first go.

It will create a server properties file that will have line similar to this

#Minecraft server properties

#Tue Feb 22 13:06:10 EST 2011

level-name=BetaWorld

hellworld=false

spawn-monsters=true

online-mode=true

spawn-animals=true

server-ip=

max-players=20

pvp=true

server-port=25565

white-list=false

i think all the lines should be pretty self explained. If it's just going to be a lan server, then in the server ip put in your computers ip address that it's using on your lan. this can be found by using the command prompt and typing ipconfig. EX, mine is 192.168.1.71

all in all getting a minecraft server up and running on a lan is a piece of cake. If you want to open it to the net though, you need to port forward, and if you want to use mods, you need to use the JAR server application and not the exe. If you use the jar though, you need to tell it to use more ram than what it defaults to. Do that by creating a batch file and typing this.

@echo off

"%ProgramFiles(x86)%Javajre6binjava.exe" -Xms1024M -Xmx1024M -jar Minecraft_Server.jar

pause

Hope this helps

#4 Posted by Kendog87 (1111 posts) -

Theres a few diffirent ways, but this is the easiest and the way i host for me and my friends.

VIDEO Click Me !

Edit: Just read "for LAN", but this also works for LAN and online.