MIND : Path to Thalamus for PC looks incredible

#1 Edited by Cloud_imperium (3739 posts) -

Official announcement :

“The player will cycle between day and night, modify the levels of fog and rain and even travel in time between seasons, changing the environment to advance the gameplay-driven story —indeed, the mechanics are directly related to who the protagonist is, what has happened to him and everything he is doing: a man trapped in his own mind, he must use all the tools at his disposition to escape to reality. Accompannied by the snarky yet heartfelt narration of this comatose patient, the player will guide him through fantastical forests, dark caverns and deceptive worlds of water and ice that directly relate to his emotional state at each point in his journey. ”

Steam Green Light Page

Source 1

Source 2

Coming to PC . Developers also showed interest in making it compatible with Oculus Rift and PS4/Morpheus version is under consideration .

#2 Edited by soolkiki (1770 posts) -

It definitely looks nice! haha

#3 Posted by PredatorRules (8180 posts) -

Looks interesting

#4 Posted by Gamerno66666 (161 posts) -

Wow. Looks pretty.

#5 Posted by Ribstaylor1 (713 posts) -

If the soundtrack stays along the lines of what is shown in this trailer I could get into it I think.

#6 Posted by geniobastardo (1294 posts) -

Whooaaa.

#7 Posted by kraken2109 (13075 posts) -

It looks pretty, but I don't really understand what you do.

#8 Posted by Cloud_imperium (3739 posts) -

@kraken2109 said:

You are trapped in your own mind , in your own story . To wake up , you must solve riddles inside your mind . This you can achieve by traveling through time , switching between day and night , even seasons . You can also change entire landscapes or stop time to progress through story . Different situations in the game present state of your mind , for example that tornado at the end of trailer may be representing harsh memories .

#9 Edited by kraken2109 (13075 posts) -

@Cloud_imperium said:

@kraken2109 said:

You are trapped in your own mind , in your own story . To wake up , you must solve riddles inside your mind . This you can achieve by traveling through time , switching between day and night , even seasons . You can also change entire landscapes or stop time to progress through story . Different situations in the game present state of your mind , for example that tornado at the end of trailer may be representing harsh memories .

That's deep man, but can I shoot people and get to da choppah?

Does it have killstreaks?

#10 Posted by Horgen (110151 posts) -

@kraken2109 said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

@kraken2109 said:

That's deep man, but can I shoot people and get to da choppah?

Does it have killstreaks?

Two highly interesting questions there Kraken. I am glad that you have put them forth.

This game looks really interesting. Somewhat confusing but I am definitely following this game closer.

#11 Edited by Cloud_imperium (3739 posts) -

@kraken2109: Lol .

#12 Edited by Gamerno66666 (161 posts) -

@geniobastardo: Ahhhh. where did you get that potato girl gif? I had to use a static one for months.

#13 Posted by geniobastardo (1294 posts) -

@gamerno66666 said:

@geniobastardo: Ahhhh. where did you get that potato girl gif? I had to use a static one for months.

It's a secret. hehehehhe

#14 Posted by cyloninside (612 posts) -

looks dumb.

no replayability. try hard "concept". just another "look we are unique!" wannabe indie game.

#15 Posted by geniobastardo (1294 posts) -

@cyloninside said:

looks dumb.

no replayability. try hard "concept". just another "look we are unique!" wannabe indie game.

complain all you want. It's a fact that there really aren't much ideas left for devs. This one at least looks good tho.

#16 Posted by cyloninside (612 posts) -

@geniobastardo said:

@cyloninside said:

looks dumb.

complain all you want. It's a fact that there really aren't much ideas left for devs. This one at least looks good tho.

copout from uncreative people.

#17 Posted by GarGx1 (2776 posts) -

Pretty looking game with potentially interesting game mechanics, worth watching that's for sure

#18 Posted by geniobastardo (1294 posts) -

@cyloninside said:

@geniobastardo said:

@cyloninside said:

looks dumb.

I don't know how to reply to that.

#19 Posted by cyloninside (612 posts) -

@geniobastardo said:

@cyloninside said:

@geniobastardo said:

@cyloninside said:

looks dumb.

point proven. uncreative.

#20 Posted by geniobastardo (1294 posts) -

@cyloninside said:

@geniobastardo said:

@cyloninside said:

@geniobastardo said:

@cyloninside said:

looks dumb.

Ok.

#21 Edited by edinsftw (4238 posts) -

@geniobastardo said:

@cyloninside said:

@geniobastardo said:

@cyloninside said:

@geniobastardo said:

@cyloninside said:

looks dumb.

Ok.

Im not saying that you are uncreative or that these devs arent, but there are plenty of avenues to explore in developing games.

#22 Posted by geniobastardo (1294 posts) -

@edinsftw said:

@geniobastardo said:

@cyloninside said:

@geniobastardo said:

@cyloninside said:

@geniobastardo said:

@cyloninside said:

looks dumb.

Ok.

Im not saying that you are uncreative or that these devs arent, but there are plenty of avenues to explore in developing games.

There are, I agree. What I'm saying is that, whatever they're giving to us, we should at least approve of it ( accept it or not that's your choice). Like every new game faces unproductive criticism even before it's release and that's just more or less, bitching.

#23 Posted by cyloninside (612 posts) -

@geniobastardo said:

@edinsftw said:

@geniobastardo said:

@cyloninside said:

@geniobastardo said:

@cyloninside said:

@geniobastardo said:

@cyloninside said:

looks dumb.

Ok.

There are, I agree. What I'm saying is that, whatever they're giving to us, we should at least approve of it ( accept it or not that's your choice). Like every new game faces unproductive criticism even before it's release and that's just more or less, bitching.

"It's a fact that there really aren't much ideas left for devs."

and

"there are plenty of avenues to explore in developing games. -There are, I agree."

do not mesh. you either agree that there are new ideas to explore, or you do not.

so which is it?

#24 Posted by geniobastardo (1294 posts) -

@cyloninside said:

@geniobastardo said:

@edinsftw said:

@geniobastardo said:

@cyloninside said:

@geniobastardo said:

@cyloninside said:

@geniobastardo said:

@cyloninside said:

looks dumb.

Ok.

and

"there are plenty of avenues to explore in developing games. -There are, I agree."

do not mesh. you either agree that there are new ideas to explore, or you do not.

so which is it?

Neither.

#25 Posted by cyloninside (612 posts) -

@geniobastardo said:

@cyloninside said:

@geniobastardo said:

@edinsftw said:

@geniobastardo said:

@cyloninside said:

@geniobastardo said:

@cyloninside said:

@geniobastardo said:

@cyloninside said:

looks dumb.

Ok.

and

so which is it?

Neither.

uncreative

#26 Posted by geniobastardo (1294 posts) -

@cyloninside said:

@geniobastardo said:

@cyloninside said:

@geniobastardo said:

@edinsftw said:

@geniobastardo said:

@cyloninside said:

@geniobastardo said:

@cyloninside said:

@geniobastardo said:

@cyloninside said:

looks dumb.

Ok.

and

so which is it?

Neither.

uncreative

Okay here's an explanation. When I first said that there aren't any ideas left, I was lying. I lied because I wanted to stop you from criticizing something which you haven't even played yet (which I apparently despise), I thought the discussion would end there. Alright, it didn't . Now just for fun sake I went on with the flow and said what I truly believed but that didn't end it too. Well it's better this way, at least it's better than just roaming the useless GS articles.

#27 Posted by groowagon (2823 posts) -

looks and sounds beautiful, but it doesn't look particularly fun to play... we'll see.

#28 Posted by Korvus (3977 posts) -

Pretty; looks like a Dear Esther DLC though =P

#29 Posted by Cloud_imperium (3739 posts) -

@korvus: Not really dude . Read description . It First person puzzler .

#30 Edited by Korvus (3977 posts) -

@Cloud_imperium: I did read the description. "Looks like" is not the same as "plays like".

#31 Posted by Cloud_imperium (3739 posts) -

@korvus: Got it . I think it looks different .

#32 Posted by Korvus (3977 posts) -

@Cloud_imperium: The game itself probably is a lot different, but in this trailer they were trying to show all the different environments so it ended up looking like a walking simulator except the bridge and the moon scenes =)

#33 Posted by Cloud_imperium (3739 posts) -

@korvus: Ya , it is hard to tell , what the game is really about from the trailer without reading official description . When you do that before watching the trailer then it feels more impressive .