medieval 2 total war keeps CRASHING

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by pete_merlin (6099 posts) -
game used to work perfectly. now all of a sudden ti crashes when ever i enter a battle. i have all the patches. any ideas?
#2 Posted by TeamR (1818 posts) -
you need to be alot more specific
#3 Posted by pete_merlin (6099 posts) -

the game seems to run perfect buty once i enter a battle the game crashes. did it 4 times in a row

#4 Posted by chandlerr_360 (5077 posts) -
what are you specs?
#5 Posted by pete_merlin (6099 posts) -

2gb ram
7900 gs

well i cant run this game on high with perfection. the game used to run perfectly. then i didnt play it for quite a while, tried it the other day and now it crashes in battles. the disc is fine. im confused :(

#6 Posted by RedDanDoc (3720 posts) -
is your heatsink fan clogged up with dust ?
#7 Posted by pete_merlin (6099 posts) -
okay so i just opened up my computer, cleaned out the dust and then tried the game again. game ran about 20 seconds before crashing. then my computer went weird, everything on my desktop went huge, told me to restart the comp so i did. came back and it said the computer had a serious error. what the heck is going on?
#8 Posted by Cdscottie (1872 posts) -
Sounds like a Video card/driver issue. Try updating your video card drivers. If that doesn't work, uninstall the game and re-install it and see if that corrects the issue.
#9 Posted by pete_merlin (6099 posts) -
okay cheers. where do i/how do i update my video card?
#10 Posted by Cdscottie (1872 posts) -
First off, what video card do you have? Find that out and then check out the manufacturers site for the latest drivers for that card.
#11 Posted by chandlerr_360 (5077 posts) -
Definitely a vid card issue. If your drivers do not work, your vid card has probably bit the dust.
#12 Posted by pete_merlin (6099 posts) -
awhhh that sucks. my vdieo card...im assuming your mean my graphics card? maybe :D i have a 7900gs had it for about a year. havnt played any games in a while ima try a few other games in a mo to see how they are
#13 Posted by pete_merlin (6099 posts) -
okay so i just tried compant of heroes. it was running perfectly. but then suddenly it crashed just like medievel 2 did. is my graphics card dying?
#14 Posted by Cdscottie (1872 posts) -
When it crashes, it is only to the desktop or does your entire system shut down?
#15 Posted by pete_merlin (6099 posts) -
the game pauses, weird coloured lines appear on random parts of the screen. i have to switched the computer off because it refuses to do anything
#16 Posted by Cdscottie (1872 posts) -

Sounds like your video card may be on it's way out. Did you uninstall/re-install the drivers? If so, call the support desk for your video card and see if they can replace it for you/help you further.

If you want to ensure it isn't you Video card, download memtest86 and test out your RAM. If it passes and the problems are still occuring then call your video card support.

#17 Posted by pete_merlin (6099 posts) -
ok. thanks for the help
#18 Posted by RealDuffi (156 posts) -
On a additional note, does this occur on a savegame, or just any battle? Try starting a new game/taking a quick battle. Your save might be corrupted (tried something similar).
#19 Posted by Lonelynight (30039 posts) -
Same thing happens to me, the screen just turns black, but there is still music and I can hear the unit voices, and my PC can run all other games fine
#20 Posted by KingKillam86 (2 posts) -
Ive been playing Mediveval 2 total war kingdoms for awhile and for the most part i have no problems with it, however recently it has started crashing alot mainly during seige battles. I am far from computer literate and dont know what to do or how to fix it. I need help with 2 things, why is my game crashing and how do i fix it, and also how do i or from where do i learn more about computers in regards to gameing.
#21 Posted by dbowman (6836 posts) -

On a additional note, does this occur on a savegame, or just any battle? Try starting a new game/taking a quick battle. Your save might be corrupted (tried something similar).RealDuffi

I had a similar problem in Rome Total War. Turned out to be a corrupted Save Game.