Mario Kart like game for PC

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by shankshank1 (3 posts) -

When you have a few people over, Mario Kart on the gamecube is a great thing to play. Then there's the WII, and wii sports

What do we have for the PC? I have a high end PC I built, with a sweet 42" plasma. I don't have any game consoles, but I want to utilize my PC. I was thinking of picking up 4 USB game controllers, but now I need a game to play. any ideas?

#2 Posted by Greyhound222 (2899 posts) -
KartRider is literally the same,but I think it's online only. Or you could resort to emulation.
#3 Posted by shankshank1 (3 posts) -

KartRider is literally the same,but I think it's online only. Or you could resort to emulation.Greyhound222

ah yeah. but emulation the best they have is like N64..

#4 Posted by DireToad (3948 posts) -
Wacky Wheels lulz
#5 Posted by Tsunami23 (1352 posts) -

[QUOTE="Greyhound222"]KartRider is literally the same,but I think it's online only. Or you could resort to emulation.shankshank1

ah yeah. but emulation the best they have is like N64..

Wrong. In fact, SNES emulators are much, much more reliable in general compared to N64 ones.

#7 Posted by Deihmos (7819 posts) -
Why recommend things that are illegal? Try Kartrider it's a free game and it's online only. The problem is thereis a lot of hacking and cheating.
#8 Posted by shankshank1 (3 posts) -

Why recommend things that are illegal? Try Kartrider it's a free game and it's online only. The problem is thereis a lot of hacking and cheating.Deihmos

I meant N64 is the better graphics one that is available.

kartrider, can you play 4 users on one computer to play online?

#9 Posted by Deihmos (7819 posts) -
I never played it so i don't know. Download it or read the manual http://kart.nexon.net/Just don't expect flashy graphics.
#10 Posted by Citan76 (1178 posts) -
UpShift StrikeRacer I think is pretty mario kart like game. It looks like burnout and is a car battle game much like mario kart. Except you get your weapons outside of the game by buying them with rep which you earn in races.Although there are items on the track like boost and shields and even a mortar which does thesame thing as a blue shell.It's online only and it's one of those you could pay and buy virtual items if you wanted to but you don't have to. You can get along just fine without buying anything in it. The only thing I dislike about it is no gamepad support but the keyboard controls feel just fine. Here's the site.
#11 Posted by Dudeman12343 (1 posts) -
Dude! I remember playing this game as a wee runt! So many fun memories! Thank you for remembering it and posting it so I could remember!
#12 Posted by skrat_01 (33767 posts) -
Blur.
#13 Posted by mirautaj (315 posts) -
#14 Posted by devious742 (3924 posts) -

When you have a few people over, Mario Kart on the gamecube is a great thing to play. Then there's the WII, and wii sports

What do we have for the PC? I have a high end PC I built, with a sweet 42" plasma. I don't have any game consoles, but I want to utilize my PC. I was thinking of picking up 4 USB game controllers, but now I need a game to play. any ideas?

shankshank1

http://store.steampowered.com/app/34190/

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

#15 Posted by -Feath- (1452 posts) -
necrooooooobump :(
#16 Posted by devious742 (3924 posts) -

necrooooooobump :(-Feath-

oo just noticed