Mafia 3 Possibly Set in Louisiana - IGN

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by biggest_loser (24008 posts) -

The casting call was published online by AGB, and reveals that Take-Two, the parent company of Mafia publisher 2K, is looking for three actors for voice over, motion capture and facial scans. All three characters it's looking to cast were born in Louisiana.

The trio of Louisiana natives are Franklin, Tony and Mickey. Franklin is in his early 20s, and "knows how to get a job done at any cost". Tony is in his early 30s, and is apparently "a genius with numbers and statistics who runs sports betting operations". Finally, Mickey is in his late teens, who "likes to run his mouth" and acts as a street hustler. Sadly, he can't back his big talk up with much.

http://au.ign.com/articles/2014/03/12/mafia-3-may-be-set-in-louisiana-according-to-casting-call?utm_campaign=ign+main+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

Thoughts?

I don't want to jump on this too early but couldn't they even come up with their own names that aren't like the ones from GTA V?

I know its only a small bit of information but stuff like that doesn't bode well to me. I want it to be in the spirit of the first Mafia.

#2 Posted by FelipeInside (25170 posts) -

Hopefully they don't pull a Mafia 2 and remove 80% of the features they were going to put in.

#3 Posted by BattleSpectre (5953 posts) -

The most stereotypical names that you can use for an Italian is Tony, Mickey and Franklin. So it makes sense to use them, sure they sound like GTA V but whatever. Game should be sweet.

#5 Posted by Arthas045 (5094 posts) -

I really enjoy the series, so I will be waiting for something. I just never knew Louisiana to be a huge mafia location. Stuff like New York, New Jersey, Chicago, and heck Las Vegas. I know there is organized crime everywhere, but just not a popular one. I do like the area though, so its ok :P

#6 Edited by superclocked (5823 posts) -

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Orleans_crime_family

"The New Orleans crime family is one of the oldest American criminal organizations in activity. It is based in New Orleans and parts of southernLouisiana in the United States. Its status today is unknown, as it remained in the shadows since 1993. While some rumors claim that it is nearly defunct, others claim that it is one of the most powerful families in the United States today."

#7 Posted by Arthas045 (5094 posts) -

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Orleans_crime_family

"The New Orleans crime family is one of the oldest American criminal organizations in activity. It is based in New Orleans and parts of southernLouisiana in the United States. Its status today is unknown, as it remained in the shadows since 1993. While some rumors claim that it is nearly defunct, others claim that it is one of the most powerful families in the United States today."

Learn something everyday.

#9 Posted by Allurez (31 posts) -

Just finished Mafia 2 like a week ago for like the fourth time. I really wanna know if we're going to see another Mafia game, that'd be sweet!

#10 Edited by PredatorRules (7249 posts) -

Mafia 3, lol - I'm still waiting on GTA 5 to arrive on PC.

#11 Posted by insane_metalist (5912 posts) -

Love the series. would like to see more info on Mafia 3.

#12 Posted by Horgen (110016 posts) -

I am interested...

#13 Posted by Gladestone1 (5507 posts) -

Please do not make the game so short either..Give me gta style 100 hours..Love the mafia game the first one was longer..Second one was a damn tease a shame to..Hate 10 hour games..Work hard for my money..Give me some thing to sink my teath in..