Mafia 3 is possibly in development - Eurogamer

This topic is locked from further discussion.

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

User Lists: 0

#1 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-01-10-2k-czech-restructuring-mafia-3-moving-to-us

2K Czech is restructuring to parts of the US and there is talk that Mafia 3 is well into development.

Are you interested in playing another Mafia game?

The first two games couldn't be more apart. The first one is one of the classic PC games.

In comparison, the second was pathetic and unfinished.

If they make another one I hope they cut the unnecessary features and retain the realism. Its what made the game unique from the GTA games - and in some ways, superior.

woomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

#2 woomar
Member since 2008 • 172 Posts

*May Contain Spoilers*

The first Mafia was great and unique the second one was also IMO great , but they could have done it better like the part of the story where you are in prison .. if they have made it longer it would have been much better since it would have given the story more depth but nevertheless as i said it was great and a must play game , so if they made a third game i am very interested.

couly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#3 couly
Member since 2004 • 6277 Posts

@woomar said:

*May Contain Spoilers*

The first Mafia was great and unique the second one was also IMO great , but they could have done it better like the part of the story where you are in prison .. if they have made it longer it would have been much better since it would have given the story more depth but nevertheless as i said it was great and a must play game , so if they made a third game i am very interested.

you mean scrubbing toilets for longer? no thanks. It was a great game but there should have been a lot more to do in the game and the ending was shit.

kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

I''m enjoying Mafia 2.

Like GTA, it's great to just mess about in.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

I love the 40'-60's theme so I definitely would play another Mafia game if it's going to be worth it.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#6 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

If they make a Mafia 3, I'm sure they'll push for most of the necessary improvements because Mafia 2 wasn't all that great. There were some nice shootout scenes but the rest of the game felt dragged on and the amount of driving was cheap filler.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

@Elann2008 said:

If they make a Mafia 3, I'm sure they'll push for most of the necessary improvements because Mafia 2 wasn't all that great. There were some nice shootout scenes but the rest of the game felt dragged on and the amount of driving was cheap filler.

I actually loved the simulation mode for the driving, specially driving in snowy weather.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46272 Posts

I enjoyed both Mafia 1 &2 so I'm definitely down for another one.

I'm really sad by what Illusion Softworks have done under 2K. What a waste of talent. They made such great games and under 2K they made Mafia 2, worked on GTA V and that's it. In all those years that is very little and now there is talks of closing the studio down ?

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

Mafia is one of my favourite games ever, the sequel I didn't hate as much as some but it definitely didn't live up to the original in terms of story.

I just hope they find a more interesting main character.

mhofever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#10  Edited By mhofever
Member since 2008 • 3960 Posts

I liked the story in both of them, though I felt that I enjoyed the first one much more, Tommy Angelo's story was more interesting. Mafia II felt like an empty city. It had potential, as if I could do so many things but really you can't. The story imo was still good but other than that, not much to do in free roaming. I would love to see loads more stuff to do and better mechanics.

They should take a leaf out of Sleeping Dogs : Good story, good game-play.

And yea, they should keep the realism in terms of traffic and car running out of gas. Would like to see more of that, adds more immersion to the game.

Avatar image for insane_metalist
insane_metalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#11 insane_metalist
Member since 2006 • 7797 Posts

Always loved Mafia games, I would definitely love to get my hands on 3rd one.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

Good to hear. Mafia 2 was really fun, but it was full of wasted potential. I hex edited some stuff and found the hidden free roam mode among other things. The city needs to be bigger and even more interactive and the story should be longer and more open

Twisted14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 Twisted14
Member since 2007 • 3497 Posts

Loved the first game and I really liked the second game too, despite it's flaws. So you're damn right I want a Mafia 3. If they right the wrongs of the second game, but keep the same quality story, I would be very happy.

Avatar image for deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
deactivated-57e5de5e137a4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
Member since 2004 • 12929 Posts

I didn't think the first one was all that great either, but the second one got pretty boring and the story was generic. Neither of them fleshed out the city. Still, I liked them both for a while, so sure, bring us another.

Avatar image for harry_james_pot
harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 harry_james_pot  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 11414 Posts

I hope they can make the city feel alive this time, instead of the wasteland that was in Mafia 2.

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#16 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts

One was great, those carefully crafted missions like the farm house or the church. Tension and subtle. Wonder if they will do a modern day mafia game.