Mafia 2 with Xbox 360 Controller

This topic is locked from further discussion.

markymark1978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 markymark1978
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Anyone else got this working? I want to use the controller for driving only. My pc recognises the controller and has installed the drivers, it's listed in the device manager just fine. It just wont work with the game and isn't showing up in the game options where I should be able to configure it. Any help would be great. I'm on vista 64bit Thanks Mark
stvee101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 stvee101
Member since 2006 • 2953 Posts

Strange,I have vista 64 bit and the controller works fine.

Are we talking the wireless controller or just the regular one with the usb cord?

Might be an idea go Microsoft's website and manually install the drivers yourself.

mhofever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#3 mhofever
Member since 2008 • 3960 Posts

I'm using a wireless 360 controller and it works fine. The buttons in the screen can switch instantly when i switch from controller to KB/M and vice versa.

May need to check some updates I think.

Bristar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Bristar
Member since 2002 • 495 Posts

I also have Vista 64 bit...works perfect for me

markymark1978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 markymark1978
Well, it's a wireless controller but with the rechargeable battery pack and usb cable, I just assumed that when it's plugged into my pc it would act as a normal wired controller. Going to try manually installing drivers from ms website, hopefully that will work. Good to know I can get it working in the game though, driving those cars with a keyboard is beyond lame... Thanks anyway
psn8214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 psn8214
Member since 2009 • 14930 Posts

Mine worked fine by itself. :P

Iantheone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Iantheone
Member since 2007 • 8242 Posts
Well, it's a wireless controller but with the rechargeable battery pack and usb cable, I just assumed that when it's plugged into my pc it would act as a normal wired controller.markymark1978
Nope, it does not work that way. Using the wireless controller with the charge and play thing only charges the controller. The usb wire only transfers power to the controller from the PC, it does not transfer any input signal.
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts
worked fine on mine
markymark1978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 markymark1978
Nope, it does not work that way. Using the wireless controller with the charge and play thing only charges the controller. The usb wire only transfers power to the controller from the PC, it does not transfer any input signal.Iantheone
I did some searching after my last post and found the same answer, I've ordered a proper wired controller from amazon now, I needed another 1 anyway. @lawlessx - Does your controller have the rechargeable battery pack with usb charger cable like mine though? If so, how have you got it to work without buying the wireless receiver?