This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Ryker55 (1104 posts) -

Hey i just got a used laptop (my dad FINALY upgraded so i got his old laptaop) and the hardware....suks.

I can barely run the CoD 1 demo =(

sp im lookin for so good games that dont take really great hardwar (or even decent hardware for that matter) to run.

#2 Posted by CheeChee_Macko (2236 posts) -
Diablo II
#3 Posted by mfsa (3328 posts) -

Doom collector's edition

Quake

Quake 2

System Shock 2

Deus Ex

Thief

Thief 2

Fallout collection (you might not be able to run Fallout Tactics, but that's not why you're buying it)

Baldur's Gate collection

Planescape Torment

Broken Sword

Broken Sword 2

Grim Fandango

Myst

Riven

Shogun Total War

Command and Conquer The First Decade (Generals probably won't run, but you aren't missing much)

Many of the best games ever made were actually made pre-2001, so rejoice and enjoy.

#4 Posted by nutcrackr (12459 posts) -
half life 1
#5 Posted by MTBare (5176 posts) -
Audiosurf
#6 Posted by Ryker55 (1104 posts) -

Doom collector's edition

Quake

Quake 2

System Shock 2

Deus Ex

Thief

Thief 2

Fallout collection (you might not be able to run Fallout Tactics, but that's not why you're buying it)

Baldur's Gate collection

Planescape Torment

Broken Sword

Broken Sword 2

Grim Fandango

Myst

Riven

Shogun Total War

Command and Conquer The First Decade (Generals probably won't run, but you aren't missing much)

Many of the best games ever made were actually made pre-2001, so rejoice and enjoy.

mfsa

w00t!!!! thanks.!

#7 Posted by artur79 (4679 posts) -

Definitely System Shock 2.

Deus Ex.

Quake 2 with your own soundtrack. Trust me, it's awesome to play it that way. Just don't listen to Britney while playing or you'll make the game sad...

Baldurs Gate with EasyTutu & Baldurs Gate 2. Planescape Torment. The reason I'm not suggesting Fallout games is the tedious combat and crappy graphics.

Play Mohaa. I think it's less graphics intensive than CoD and imo it's a better game, but that might be nostalgia talking.

Try the first Unreal SP-game.

Plenty of adventure games to play. A lot of them have unique graphics and require next to no power hardware-wise.

#8 Posted by stephant_6 (1758 posts) -

Doom collector's edition

Quake

Quake 2

System Shock 2

Deus Ex

Thief

Thief 2

Baldur's Gate collection

Planescape Torment

Broken Sword

Broken Sword 2

Grim Fandango

Myst

Riven

Shogun Total War

mfsa

All great games,but most of them are very hard to find these days.

#9 Posted by Noldorin2646 (641 posts) -

Hey i just got a used laptop (my dad FINALY upgraded so i got his old laptaop) and the hardware....suks.

sp im lookin for so good games that dont take really great hardwar (or even decent hardware for that matter) to run.

Ryker55

WarCraft III might be able to run on that computer.

Edit: In fact, it definitely will. My Laptop runs it pretty smooth on 1024*768 and it has 256 MB of RAM, 1.4 GHz Pentium 4, plus an Intel Integrated chip.

#10 Posted by stephant_6 (1758 posts) -
[QUOTE="Ryker55"]

Noldorin2646

Edit: In fact, it definitely will. My Laptop runs it pretty smooth on 1024*768 and it has 256 MB of RAM, 1.4 GHz Pentium 4, plus an Intel Integrated chip.

I think it requires more RAM to play it online though,which is the main attraction of the game.

Correct me if I'm wrong though.

#11 Posted by mfsa (3328 posts) -

Baldurs Gate with EasyTutu & Baldurs Gate 2. Planescape Torment. The reason I'm not suggesting Fallout games is the tedious combat and crappy graphics.

artur79

I don't get it. How can you recommend Baldur's Gate - a game with tedious combat and crappy graphics - and not also recommend Fallout?

Personally, I think Fallout has the most fun turn based combat in any RPG (I hate D&D rules so I'm super biased, but whatever!), and while the visuals aren't exactly beautiful, the game at least doesn't fill the screen with gigantic UI windows.

#12 Posted by mfsa (3328 posts) -
[QUOTE="mfsa"]

Doom collector's edition

Quake

Quake 2

System Shock 2

Deus Ex

Thief

Thief 2

Baldur's Gate collection

Planescape Torment

Broken Sword

Broken Sword 2

Grim Fandango

Myst

Riven

Shogun Total War

stephant_6

All great games,but most of them are very hard to find these days.

I don't want to seem argumentative, but you're completely wrong. Everything besides System Shock 2 is on either Amazon, Steam or both. And System Shock 2 is easy to find by just googling System Shock 2 download.

Now, admittedly, some of the prices of those games are a little unreasonable (the US seems to have pretty poor budget/re-release publishing compared with the UK, where all of those games are much cheaper), but in most cases, I think the quality justifies the price.

#13 Posted by artur79 (4679 posts) -
[QUOTE="artur79"]

mfsa

I don't get it. How can you recommend Baldur's Gate - a game with tedious combat and crappy graphics - and not also recommend Fallout?

Personally, I think Fallout has the most fun turn based combat in any RPG (I hate D&D rules so I'm super biased, but whatever!), and while the visuals aren't exactly beautiful, the game at least doesn't fill the screen with gigantic UI windows.

I hate the combat in Fallout-games. Personal preference, I guess. I mentioned easytutu for a reason. Higher resolution gives better image quality and a bigger eh... field of view if you can call it that.

#14 Posted by Noldorin2646 (641 posts) -
[QUOTE="Noldorin2646"]

stephant_6

I think it requires more RAM to play it online though,which is the main attraction of the game.

Correct me if I'm wrong though.

:P yeah ur right. But I do doubt that he has only 256. Besides, you didn't expect me to play it online with that piece of junk, did you?

#15 Posted by mo0ksi (12337 posts) -

Hitman 2

Fallout 1+2

Grim Fandango

Shogun: Total War

Planescape: Torment

Warcraft 3

System Shock 2

Quake 1+2

Doom Collectors Edition

Hopefully the games are playable. :\

#16 Posted by error11 (7163 posts) -

Deus Ex.......just do it!

#17 Posted by fireandcloud (5118 posts) -

Doom collector's edition

Quake

Quake 2

System Shock 2

Deus Ex

Thief

Thief 2

Baldur's Gate collection

Planescape Torment

Broken Sword

Broken Sword 2

Grim Fandango

Myst

Riven

Shogun Total War

mfsa

i'd add no one lives forever and half-life and icewind dale series and starcraft to that list. and the king's quest and space quest series (you can get the complete collection at gamestop).

#18 Posted by chandu83 (5185 posts) -
No matter what you play or don't play, defintiely try Deus Ex. It's one of the best FPS/RPG games ever made. Stay with it even if the graphics are dated. You are not going to regret it.
#19 Posted by biggest_loser (24029 posts) -
Red Alert 2
#20 Posted by TacticalElefant (900 posts) -

Half Life + Opposing Force..........hell yeah

#21 Posted by xxtrololoxx (1 posts) -
Quake Quake 2 Quake 3 Arena Doom Collection Half life 1+ expansions The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind (maybe, im not sure) Humans and Orcs (aka Warcraft 1, but thats the real name) StarCraft Empire Earth Tzar C&C games (90's games only) Rise of the Triad: Dark War Duke Nukem 3D & Duke Nukem Manhattan Project GTA 1 & 2 Unreal Tournament 99 Diablo 1 & 2 Fallout 1 (you can try fallout 2, but in my opinion the fallout 1 gameplay is much better) Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 Bard's Tale Marathon (i think its Mac only, but im not sure) Medal of Honor: Allied Assault Thats all i can think of right now, i hope it helps. Bye.
#22 Posted by CHANCESUNDANCE (805 posts) -

BF3 on medium with aa off ?

crysis 1 on lowest settings ?

btw. try to run those games with Gamebooster to squeeze out some extra fps.

#23 Posted by Zubinen (2856 posts) -

BF3 on medium with aa off ?

crysis 1 on lowest settings ?

btw. try to run those games with Gamebooster to squeeze out some extra fps.

CHANCESUNDANCE
The thread is three years old and has just been bumped by a brand new(I assume spambot) user.