• 66 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Goron24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Goron24
Member since 2005 • 1043 Posts

I used to play wow and i got really bored of it at 70 and i was looking at LOTRO and i just wanted to know if it is better than wow. if it is or isnt could any one tell me why? i have friends that play it and they want me to get it but they like wow and i dont and i want to know it i am bored of wow will there be anything worthwhile in LOTRO

kungfuchaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 kungfuchaos
Member since 2004 • 5643 Posts
Imo LOTRO is ALOT like WoW. Similar UI. Questing is about the same pace. I like LOTRO better simply because of its story and lore.
Sky_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Sky_Raptor
Member since 2006 • 548 Posts
played lotro beta didnt like it at all, im staying with WoW
onemic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 onemic
Member since 2003 • 5616 Posts
LOTRO is way too similar to WOW. Everything from the UI, to the skills, traits, and even graphics look similar.
BenTheJamin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BenTheJamin
Member since 2005 • 927 Posts
i thought Lotor beta was absolutley awful so i didnt bother, i got bored of WoW at 70 also, i just quit. im waiting for hellgate london to pick up another rpg.
bigt7740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 bigt7740
Member since 2004 • 31 Posts

Yes I totally agree.  I got to 70, killed Gruul.  Got bored and quit. 

I really see no games coming that really catch my interest :( 

Avatar image for Jin_the_samurai
Jin_the_samurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Jin_the_samurai
Member since 2006 • 623 Posts
LOTRO is way too similar to WOW. Everything from the UI, to the skills, traits, and even graphics look similar. onemic
Graphics are not similar at all-LotRO-

WoW-
LotRO is a great game to play if you are bored of WoW. The quests have much much more depth. If you do an epic quest/ main storyline quest you will love the game. LotRO has great storyline quests, lore, great world, great graphics, hardly any bugs, waaaay more mature community, great reviews, very explorable world, variety of new things to do. If you are looking for something innovative LotRO is not the game for you but if you are looking for a great mmorpg with the previous things I mentioned this is the game for you.
feltus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 feltus
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

Yeah WOW graphics sucked.  I don't know why people didn't (don't) complain.  That was the only good thing about Galaxies.  You could sit on a hill and soak in the scenery.

LOTR Questions:

1.  Is their ab economy?

2.  Are their professions?  mining? smithing? etc?

reel2reel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 reel2reel
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Hey there!

Ok, I played BOTH games. 2 70's in WoW, and im working on LOTRO right now. Let me tell you, WoWs golden days are over, if you had of asked me which one to play just before BC, it wouldn't have been a question. But it is now time for LOTRO to shine. There is no compotition here.

And for those saying that the game is copying WoW? Open your eyes, WoW copied games like EQ, you don't know what your talking about, WoW is the king of copying, its about time someone did the same thing to them. LOTRO is a much better game, and personally I cannot wait for the end-game content.

Finally, the graphics are NOT the same. Try playing both games before you make a post. LOTROs graphics destroy WoWs cartoony graphics. There is no compotition here at all.

In the end, its LOTRO all the way man, hands down.

Thanks for Reading!

BenTheJamin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BenTheJamin
Member since 2005 • 927 Posts

Yeah WOW graphics sucked. I don't know why people didn't (don't) complain. That was the only good thing about Galaxies. You could sit on a hill and soak in the scenery.

LOTR Questions:

1. Is their ab economy?

2. Are their professions? mining? smithing? etc?

feltus

WoW's graphics were perfectly fine when it was realeased, and they are still just fine. their not amazing, but their not bad by any means

reel2reel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 reel2reel
They are BAD compared to LOTRO man. Trust me.
Hack983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Hack983
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
Wrong. They are not bad compared to anything. They are different. It's the way Blizzard designed the game. You don't think they could have made something similar to LOTRO? Give me a break. They chose to make those graphics that way. It's their style. A bit outdated, yeah. Bad, no. And you just sound like you are really excited about LOTRO, leaning away from the WoW of which you have two 70's. I feel some contradiction here.
TheCrazed420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 TheCrazed420
Member since 2003 • 7661 Posts

Man, Duillond is a beautiful town.

Baselerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#14 Baselerd
Member since 2003 • 5104 Posts
I think WoW's graphics have always been mediocre, but the art direction is nice. LOTRO's graphics are definitely better, but very generic.
gamespotman01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 gamespotman01
Member since 2007 • 40 Posts
yea reel2reel is keeping it real!  I wouldnt have gotten Burning Cruscade had I known Lotro would be so freakin fun.  For the most part is isnt better or worse than WOW.  It is just a nice refreshing change and is certainly new and exciting.  Graphics are sweet even on a low end machine (that I have).  There are some nice touches that make it extra fun like people playing there lutes.
kx01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 kx01
Member since 2003 • 384 Posts

If someone could answer a few questions I have, that would be wonderful.

First off, I heard there isn't any PvP. Is this true? False? Is there any sort of Player vs. Player combat or games?

Second, does the game have a solid community? A working economy and a large amount of players to make it feel like a real MMO? I am tired of games that have either collapsed over time, or never had a chance to build a real working community.

Third, does it have time cards or is it strictly credit? And if so what is the price. I will assume it is similar to WoW. In your eyes, is it worth the monthly price?

Fourth, how is the end game experience? I would take it that this hasn't truly been reached by most if not any, but from what you may have heard or experienced, is it worth playing through till the end? Does it provide an "epic" feeling at all?
Avatar image for deactivated-591d19704318a
deactivated-591d19704318a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-591d19704318a
Member since 2003 • 123 Posts

I did my homework on this one...  retired from WoW reluctantly because Karazhan farming is boring.

Players who enjoy adventuring will like LOTRO.  Its graphics are pretty its UI is tested and approved... its a great PvE (Player vs Environment) game.  They have an established community and economy in game, nothing to worry about there.  The game is lacking real PvP however, and I find that's where I lose all interest in it.  They have a in game battleground where players control mobs in different and all together retarded way.  Im not impressed...   as a vanguard player I was looking for something new that would appeal to my interest and I found that I will not be joining the LOTRO community.

PvP is suppose to be good guys smashing bad guys faces...  nothing at all like what LOTRO has done.

If you're looking for a MMORPG to explore and kill a lot of NPC's then maybe LOTRO is for you.  If you're like me however you'll probably be much happier with Vanguard Saga of Heroes.  Stay tuned for Warhammer: online as well.  Its sure to be epic coming from the creators of Dark age of Camelot!!

MC945

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 MC945
Member since 2003 • 175 Posts

I did my homework on this one... retired from WoW reluctantly because Karazhan farming is boring.

Players who enjoy adventuring will like LOTRO. Its graphics are pretty its UI is tested and approved... its a great PvE (Player vs Environment) game. They have an established community and economy in game, nothing to worry about there. The game is lacking real PvP however, and I find that's where I lose all interest in it. They have a in game battleground where players control mobs in different and all together retarded way. Im not impressed... as a vanguard player I was looking for something new that would appeal to my interest and I found that I will not be joining the LOTRO community.

PvP is suppose to be good guys smashing bad guys faces... nothing at all like what LOTRO has done.

If you're looking for a MMORPG to explore and kill a lot of NPC's then maybe LOTRO is for you. If you're like me however you'll probably be much happier with Vanguard Saga of Heroes. Stay tuned for Warhammer: online as well. Its sure to be epic coming from the creators of Dark age of Camelot!!

250Ridah

You my friend I think are quite mistakin on the whole PvP aspect.  Yes the PvP of LoTRO has good guys smashing bad guys faces in, I really don't know how far you got into the game if you ever played it at all.  The big difference is that you get to create a monster player consisting of a Warg, Spider, Orc(Bowman), Orc(Captain), or Orc(melee) and you can quest in a place called the ettenmores to get more traits, more skills, etc...  When the higher level players reach that area you can hop on your monster character and battle it out for control of 4 main keeps spread through out the map (which is quite big I might add.) I really enjoy it and have a great time hittin up 24 man raids to take control of some of the keeps, they are pretty tough to take down.  

Axed54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Axed54
Member since 2006 • 2963 Posts
LOTRO!
SaDiZTiKStyLeZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SaDiZTiKStyLeZ
Member since 2006 • 1111 Posts
I dont remember where i read it, but something mentioned in the article said they might put out gfx updates in future WOW expansions or something.
sircyrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 sircyrus
Member since 2003 • 6358 Posts

I used to play wow and i got really bored of it at 70 and i was looking at LOTRO and i just wanted to know if it is better than wow. if it is or isnt could any one tell me why? i have friends that play it and they want me to get it but they like wow and i dont and i want to know it i am bored of wow will there be anything worthwhile in LOTRO

Goron24

No one can answer this for you yet because no ones experienced LOTRO's endgame content yet. WoW's endgame sucks badly, which is why you got bored of it at 70. It's too early to tell what LOTRO will be like at 50.

I can tell you, however, that you level slower in LOTRO than you do WoW. The game world has more atmosphere and feels more like a virtual world than a game. This game so far feels like WoW levels 1-40... fun, quick questing, casual-friendly. It will all depend on what players have to do at 50 though. You would likely find yourself at max level bored again.

Sundborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Sundborg
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
WoW is a game of puke, with no relevant endgame content to keep anyone playing for long.. and sadly disapointed in lotro, failed and failed some more :P should have had another creator for the title.
Sleepyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Sleepyz
Member since 2003 • 3805 Posts

I keep hearing whining about no end content for wow at 70. What else your gonna do?

They put Battlegrounds, arena, Elite dungeons you can collect ranks and buy armor and weapons with points and tons of factions to raise.  So don't see what the complaining is about? Your already maxed level either do the stuff i mentioned above or make another toon.

sircyrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 sircyrus

I keep hearing whining about no end content for wow at 70. What else your gonna do?

They put Battlegrounds, arena, Elite dungeons you can collect ranks and buy armor and weapons with points and tons of factions to raise.  So don't see what the complaining is about? Your already maxed level either do the stuff i mentioned above or make another toon.Sleepyz

It's because instance raiding is very, very boring and repetitive.

The problem with MMO's based on a levelling system is that they have to chop up the world into zones to seperate where you should be to gain XP. That isn't providing content, it's creating a gauntlet. Once you've reached the end of the gauntlet (max level) there's nowhere else to go. All you can do is repeat what you've already done.

thanatose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#26 thanatose
Member since 2003 • 2465 Posts
Both games are good games in my opinion but LoTRO has much better graphics and a more imersive story line. I play both currently and I'm purchasing the lifetime paid subscription for LoTRO, I just wish more games offered this option.
Acenso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Acenso
Member since 2006 • 2355 Posts

First off, I heard there isn't any PvP. Is this true? False? Is there any sort of Player vs. Player combat or games?

It has PVP if you want to even call it that. How about take Just Alterac Valley from WoW...Make it even lamer. And have no rewards for it at all. That is LOTRO and that is all they have. 

Second, does the game have a solid community? A working economy and a large amount of players to make it feel like a real MMO? I am tired of games that have either collapsed over time, or never had a chance to build a real working community.

Community is great. But you can tell it is about on Par's with WoW's. Take a look at the forums...Pretty much within two weeks we already have the forums full of whines and Chat is pretty much Barrens all over again.

Third, does it have time cards or is it strictly credit? And if so what is the price. I will assume it is similar to WoW. In your eyes, is it worth the monthly price?

To be honest...Not really. It is very dull. I am playing it...I am enjoying it. But it is definitly the worst out of all the MMOs I played

Fourth, how is the end game experience? I would take it that this hasn't truly been reached by most if not any, but from what you may have heard or experienced, is it worth playing through till the end? Does it provide an "epic" feeling at all? Comment above states it...It feels so boring. They have such a huge map. And you are only in one incomplete area.

kx01

Avatar image for Jin_the_samurai
Jin_the_samurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Jin_the_samurai
Member since 2006 • 623 Posts

Fourth, how is the end game experience? I would take it that this hasn't truly been reached by most if not any, but from what you may have heard or experienced, is it worth playing through till the end? Does it provide an "epic" feeling at all?kx01

1.To the PVP question check this out- http://www.lotro.com/article/313

2.. So far it looks like the LotRO world is populated and it has a good amount of subscribers.

I don't know much about the end game because I haven't reached 50 yet since leveling is longer.

Trailer (Uses ingame world)-  http://youtube.com/watch?v=GX74t5A8Yx8&mode=related&search=

One of the chapters on main storyline quest- http://youtube.com/watch?v=AHOCIx4KWMI

PVMP- http://youtube.com/watch?v=J2Ti5ctBxxA&mode=related&search=

Races- http://www.lotro.com/index.php?page_id=73&siid=3

Crafting- http://www.lotro.com/article/281

emmm78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#29 emmm78
Member since 2005 • 282 Posts
Dunno about LotRO (I`ll soon check it out), but WoW graphics really suck. I used to play Lineage 2 and when I swiched to WoW it hit me like a brick; the game is just plain ugly : WoW screenshots : http://www.blizzard.com/wow/screenshotindex.aspx, Lineage 2 screenshots : http://www.lineage2.com/pds/players.html
TheCrazed420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 TheCrazed420
[QUOTE="kx01"]

It has PVP if you want to even call it that. How about take Just Alterac Valley from WoW...Make it even lamer. And have no rewards for it at all. That is LOTRO and that is all they have. 

Community is great. But you can tell it is about on Par's with WoW's. Take a look at the forums...Pretty much within two weeks we already have the forums full of whines and Chat is pretty much Barrens all over again.

To be honest...Not really. It is very dull. I am playing it...I am enjoying it. But it is definitly the worst out of all the MMOs I played

Fourth, how is the end game experience? I would take it that this hasn't truly been reached by most if not any, but from what you may have heard or experienced, is it worth playing through till the end? Does it provide an "epic" feeling at all? Comment above states it...It feels so boring. They have such a huge map. And you are only in one incomplete area.

Acenso

I'll just say I disagree with most of your opinion on LOTRO. It's not nearly as bad as you make it sound in your post, imo.

Sleepyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Sleepyz
Member since 2003 • 3805 Posts
[QUOTE="Sleepyz"]

They put Battlegrounds, arena, Elite dungeons you can collect ranks and buy armor and weapons with points and tons of factions to raise.  So don't see what the complaining is about? Your already maxed level either do the stuff i mentioned above or make another toon.sircyrus

It's because instance raiding is very, very boring and repetitive.

The problem with MMO's based on a levelling system is that they have to chop up the world into zones to seperate where you should be to gain XP. That isn't providing content, it's creating a gauntlet. Once you've reached the end of the gauntlet (max level) there's nowhere else to go. All you can do is repeat what you've already done.

Guess they could do a random solo dungeon thing with a big boss at end protecting a chest of treasures but apart for that don't see what else they could do for a level 70.

LukeStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 LukeStarkiller
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

In my opinion Lotr and wow are quite similar games. I have played both games and I got tired too soon. Im currently playing Vanguard which seems to be a deeper mmorpg.

blacktorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 blacktorn
Member since 2004 • 8299 Posts
WOW hands down
JeffAhola112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 JeffAhola112
Member since 2003 • 65 Posts
LOTRO, amazing game.
masori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 masori
Member since 2005 • 1680 Posts
WoW wins
bl1ndz0r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 bl1ndz0r
Member since 2006 • 374 Posts

servers population? LOTRO is the number 1 in the top selling titles this year... i guess that kind of answer your question...

Almost any game is better than WoW :S WoW is like a Jack of all trades that has nothing special it mixes little tid bits from every succesful old mmorpg...

LOTRO isnt innovative or revolutionary is the same crappy old generation mmorpg but it sure is less crappier than all mmorpgs out right now...

Im just playing it to wait for Age of conan 

Shegevara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#37 Shegevara
Member since 2005 • 2124 Posts
i knew WOW players will come to flame here. You can hear them already. If you like, listen to them, sure they will yell wow is better, what did you even thought of. I'm not surprised
Tao_Jones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#38 Tao_Jones
Member since 2004 • 93 Posts
I played the Beta for LoTRO and had a decent time. I personally like the graphics better simply because I found WoW's way too cutsie for my taste. That's not to say LoTRO is awashed in blood or anything, it's just less cartoonie. All that said though I haven't played either past beta since WoW is a vanilla flavored Frankenhooker of every other MMO and LoTRO is pretty similar to WoW. While I'm on that subject, it escapes me how WoW fanboys can say "IZ THE XACT SAME AS WOW!!1!one! WOW IS WAY T3H BETTERZ!1!" Been waiting since DAoC for a decent new MMO. So far everything is going in the wrong direction. More streamlined for the mass appeal click fest, less depth and ingenuity for the devoted that born the genre. *shrug*
Jackcrowe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Jackcrowe
Member since 2002 • 25 Posts

I am here to add my 2 cents to this discussion. I played WOW for 2 years and became bored with it. I enjoyed it initally but it became very repetitive after while really got tired of all the leet BS and pwnd BS and all the other imature crap that started going on.

I am currently playing LOTRO and very much enjoying it. The server I play on Vilya has a very mature group of players who seem to enjoy the wonderful atmosphere of the game and are not looking for the very best equipment or who can do the most dps or who pwn's who ad naseum. LEET SPEAK is not tolerated (thankfully)

LOTRO is based on a much loved classical set of novels that have a fan base who really appreciate the beautiful world created by Tolkein. The whole question of PVP does not fit into this world at all, at least not the way most other games of this type do PVP thus the monster PVP which really makes much more sense in keeping with the spirit of LOTR.

I don't know how the endgame will be and at this point don't really care. The journey so far is wonderful I felt I was in the Shire and when I first went to Bags End I thought this is really great Tolkein would approve. So for those of you who are looking for some cutting-edge mmorpg this probably isnt the game you are looking for. If you really want PvP this is probably not the game you are looking for. However if you enjoy hanging out with friends adventuring in a beautifully rendered world appreciate the classic nature of LOTR this might be a place to hang your hat for awhile. Mean time I am going to hop over to the Shire and finish the Brewmaster quest sit back in the Green dragon and have a fine mead and toast my fellow Kin. Perhaps I will see you there and I can share some fine pipeweed with you and tell you some fine stories.

Aufban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Aufban
Member since 2006 • 53 Posts

LOTRO suites me better. Better story, lore and graphics (by a mile).

Generally, they are pretty similar in design: weak crafting, easy leveling, no economy to speak of. Once cool feature of LOTRO is the instanced action sequences.

It works for me. The only realy pain is having to run everywhere. Mounts are rentable, but expensive and personal mounts are at lvl35 and epic mounts at lvl40, I believe.

It's just nice to have an alternative to WoW.

sircyrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 sircyrus

servers population? LOTRO is the number 1 in the top selling titles this year... i guess that kind of answer your question...bl1ndz0r

That is false. WoW:BC is the number 1 top selling title. LOTRO may be the top selling title for the past month, but it isn't for the year.

white45e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 white45e
Member since 2006 • 2453 Posts
[QUOTE="bl1ndz0r"]

servers population? LOTRO is the number 1 in the top selling titles this year... i guess that kind of answer your question...sircyrus

That is false. WoW:BC is the number 1 top selling title. LOTRO may be the top selling title for the past month, but it isn't for the year.

the game has only been out for a little under 2 weeks... 

sircyrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 sircyrus
[QUOTE="sircyrus"][QUOTE="bl1ndz0r"]

servers population? LOTRO is the number 1 in the top selling titles this year... i guess that kind of answer your question...white45e

the game has only been out for a little under 2 weeks... 

Exactly, so how could it be the top selling title for this year? Especially when you consider WoW:BC broke the sales record for one-month sales by selling over 3.5 million copies in it's first month. I don't know what pipeweed some people are smoking but LOTRO hasn't sold near that many, and in all likeliness never will.
passey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 passey
Member since 2003 • 81 Posts

I know it's a bit off topic guys, but people who have LOTRO, does it have a 10 day free trial offer when you get the game so your friends can play it.

Only im bored of WoW and looking for a change for me and my mates.

Please tell me. Cheers :D

pacifica101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 pacifica101

LOTRO ftw

wow is to predictabile :D

reel2reel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 reel2reel

I know it's a bit off topic guys, but people who have LOTRO, does it have a 10 day free trial offer when you get the game so your friends can play it.

Only im bored of WoW and looking for a change for me and my mates.

Please tell me. Cheers :D

passey

Yes, it Does.

Final note here from me. If you play WoW and you are currently happy with it, stay with WoW. I still KNOW that LOTRO is bette rin almost every aspect, but if you happy, why change? If your bored of WoW or any game, GIVE LOTRO a try! The game is simply amazing. So what if it takes aspects of WoW with it, as if WoW didn't do the same with other games.

LOTRO is a solid game, unlike a few of the newbs on here, I have played each game throughly, 2 70's in WoW and playing LOTRO everyday. I'm MUCH more impressed with what I have seen in LOTRO in 1.2 months, then I am or everwas with 2 years of WoW.

In other words? Hands down LOTRO. Someone mentioned earlier that I was just excited and bad mouthing WoW because I was bored of it, this maybe be partailly true, but a do have VERY good reason to be excited with this game. The potential is amazing, end-game will be something like never seen before. And the Graphics ARE better, just because WoW chose to have Cartoony graphics doesn't mean they can't be compared to LOTRO. Personally, I would take LOTROs realistic graphics over WoWs ANYDAY.

Thanks for reading the wall of text.

reel2reel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 reel2reel

Forgot to Add.

Unlike WoW, LOTRO has a main story. Which I think is just great. LOTRO has really set it self apart from WoW on many aspects.

jollyriot2k1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 jollyriot2k1
Member since 2005 • 409 Posts

I'm still raiding the endgame in WOW many nights of the week. Been playing since around december 2005. We're doing pretty good (halfway through serpentshrine for those it's relevant to) and I'm relatively happy with the game. I checked out LOTRO but felt it's too similar to any other generic MMO. I'll admit to being a powergamer so I don't care about graphics, lore or story. It's all about the core gameplay.

There's a simple case of me being in a great guild with a great bunch of people - so obviously I'm sticking to WoW. I can't be bothered starting all over again for an equivalent game. There's obviously the risk that the endgame raiding isn't going to be any good either - and it's what I aspire to in these games. MMO's are about the people you play with and ultimately that's what has made the choice for me.

RedMethod18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 RedMethod18
Member since 2007 • 113 Posts
WoW
TheCrazed420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 TheCrazed420

I am here to add my 2 cents to this discussion. I played WOW for 2 years and became bored with it. I enjoyed it initally but it became very repetitive after while really got tired of all the leet BS and pwnd BS and all the other imature crap that started going on.

I am currently playing LOTRO and very much enjoying it. The server I play on Vilya has a very mature group of players who seem to enjoy the wonderful atmosphere of the game and are not looking for the very best equipment or who can do the most dps or who pwn's who ad naseum. LEET SPEAK is not tolerated (thankfully)

LOTRO is based on a much loved classical set of novels that have a fan base who really appreciate the beautiful world created by Tolkein. The whole question of PVP does not fit into this world at all, at least not the way most other games of this type do PVP thus the monster PVP which really makes much more sense in keeping with the spirit of LOTR.

I don't know how the endgame will be and at this point don't really care. The journey so far is wonderful I felt I was in the Shire and when I first went to Bags End I thought this is really great Tolkein would approve. So for those of you who are looking for some cutting-edge mmorpg this probably isnt the game you are looking for. If you really want PvP this is probably not the game you are looking for. However if you enjoy hanging out with friends adventuring in a beautifully rendered world appreciate the classic nature of LOTR this might be a place to hang your hat for awhile. Mean time I am going to hop over to the Shire and finish the Brewmaster quest sit back in the Green dragon and have a fine mead and toast my fellow Kin. Perhaps I will see you there and I can share some fine pipeweed with you and tell you some fine stories.

Jackcrowe

Nice post. If I had a character on your server I'd buy you an ale, but alas I 'm not. But cheers anyways! :D