Lord of the Fallen broken ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

infofrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By infofrog
Member since 2012 • 231 Posts

Is Lords of the fallen a broken game ? Steam has over 50% bad reviews , saying its broken game for the PC.

I like Dark Souls 1 and 2 . But I hate PC problem Games .

I may get Shadow of Mordor . This looks like a great game too .

Rick

DefconRave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#2 DefconRave
Member since 2013 • 806 Posts

I bought it on sale a few days back, it crashed on launch initially but works fine now after I installed the dx10 sdk included in the game install directory.

I'm on win8.1 64bit.

XIntoTheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 XIntoTheBlue
Member since 2009 • 1070 Posts

I do not know if those reviews date back to the release date or what. In the time I played Lods of the Fallen, I only had one crash. I also do not experience any performance issues. I honestly don't know why I am unscathed in this issue and others quite the opposite. *Shrug.*

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58856 Posts

I've just completed it and didn't have a single problem once. No crashes. The only thing I have seen (that even comes close to a bug) is the occupational rag doll going crazy.

Beyond that: i'v been enjoying the **** out of it. More so than darksouls 2: thatsforsure.

PC version significantly better: textures and heavy use of physX. Darksouls 2 looks like shit compared to it.

infofrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 infofrog

Thank you all .Steam has it on sale .

Rick

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

I played it on launch with very few issues, I'm sure its even smoother now.

I would also say it is a more enjoyable game than Dark Souls 2.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

Got this game a few months back. Only played about 4 hours of it but worked flawlessly for all those hours, with everything turned up to max.

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

Haven't had any issues with crashes or anything, but it does seem to run like ass in spots.

pook99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9 pook99
Member since 2014 • 915 Posts

I definitely want to pick this game up on sale right now for20 bucks but I am scared of buying a broken game, glad to hear most of you have had positive experiences with it.

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By cyloninside
Member since 2014 • 815 Posts

bought it for 40 and couldnt be happier. have had a crash or two, but game runs flawlessly 95% of the time.

ShimmerMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#11  Edited By ShimmerMan
Member since 2008 • 4634 Posts

HAah shows what you people actually know about "good games" when you start claiming Lords of the Fallen is better than Dark Souls 2. And don't get me wrong either, I enjoyed LOTF, and I even bought the game at full retail price when it was released. But better than Dark Souls 2? ahah WTF!...

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#12 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

@ShimmerMan said:

HAah shows what you people actually know about "good games" when you start claiming Lords of the Fallen is better than Dark Souls 2. And don't get me wrong either, I enjoyed LOTF, and I even bought the game at full retail price when it was released. But better than Dark Souls 2? ahah WTF!...

DS2 was longer, LOTF was better in all other regards (LOTF had a crap story, DS2's was so cryptic/vague it might as well have had no story).

DS2 was a very bloated, messy game in my eyes. It felt like a bunch of individual Dark Souls DLC levels mashed together with wildly varying quality between them. I found it a very tedious game to get through.

ShimmerMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#13  Edited By ShimmerMan
Member since 2008 • 4634 Posts

@with_teeth26 said:

@ShimmerMan said:

DS2 was longer, LOTF was better in all other regards (LOTF had a crap story, DS2's was so cryptic/vague it might as well have had no story).

DS2 was a very bloated, messy game in my eyes. It felt like a bunch of individual Dark Souls DLC levels mashed together with wildly varying quality between them. I found it a very tedious game to get through.

What your claiming is just a bunch of rubbish. It doesn't actually make any sense to state that the only aspect DS2 has over LOTF is the length of the game. Because..

DS2 has more content.

More weapons and armor variations.

More movesets for the weapons.

More in depth spell system.

Different covenants for players to join.

Multiplayer, PVP and Co-op.

Better combat system.

More variation in enemies.

More bosses.

Better variations in the environment.

A better New game+ and NG++ system.

The list goes on. If you didn't enjoy DS2, then fair enough. But I don't understand how someone can enjoy LOTF but not enjoy Dark Souls 2, and then claim LOTF is a more enjoyable DS2 (because both games are of the same make-up, except DS2 is a much more complete game). You must not understand the intricate details of the combat and the gameplay of this genre, and simply play these type of action rpg games for visuals or something.

DefconRave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#14 DefconRave
Member since 2013 • 806 Posts

Or maybe each individual has his/her own personal preferences :l

infofrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 infofrog

I went and bought it for 19.95 . No problems at all

My opinion its not dark souls 2 game . I like dark souls 2 game . I don't want to compare it to dark souls .

This is a great game in its own world . The combat is more down played , but thats all right .

For 19 dollar game its worth every penny .

Rick

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#16 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58856 Posts

It is like Darksouls: no qeastion. The button mapping and game-play style is nigh on the same.

Given how little we have of games like Darksouls: I don't have a problem with that. It's own stuff (the magic system on top) is interesting if alittle OP.