Looking to build a computer for around $1000, Need suggestions!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

duey307

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 duey307
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
[QUOTE="MonsieurX"]http://pcpartpicker.com/p/RKYh 995$ :D

Did you just put that together quick? If so, thank you
duey307

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 duey307
WEll, After seeing the price of the Computers today, they are not bad, but I would like to get the most bang for my buck here.. I dont game alot, but want all quality parts in there, So am looking for suggestions , or even a complete build list.. $1000 is a nice round #, $700-$1300 is fine.. Looking for at least 8 Gb RAM, ( more than likely 16 ) , 2GB Video, descent 5.1 audio, HD is not so Important as I have a few TB drives, So maybe a 1 TB 7200 for internal..?? Motherboard, and all other things Im gonna leave to you guys , as I basically know nothing about building computers ;) I think what confused me is that some components, are not compatible with certain Motherboards eetc.. So If you guys could throw a few options my way , that would be great... Also , how much is liquid cooling, lighting etc? And where are some good sites to look for when ordering, Thanks again
MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/RKYh 995$ :D
duey307

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 duey307
Just for comparison, this is what I was looking at , But just upgrading the GPU and adding cooling.. http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/Mega_Special_II/
MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MonsieurX
[QUOTE="duey307"]Just for comparison, this is what I was looking at , But just upgrading the GPU and adding cooling.. http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/Mega_Special_II/

Don't get that,it's crap
duey307

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 duey307
[QUOTE="MonsieurX"][QUOTE="duey307"]Just for comparison, this is what I was looking at , But just upgrading the GPU and adding cooling.. http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/Mega_Special_II/

Don't get that,it's crap

Really? Also what is the differency in the memory 4x4, 8x2 etc. Is having 2 better for certain things, and visa versa?
duey307

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 duey307
also for the drive , could I use 2 of these so I could watch and Burn Blu Rays? http://pcpartpicker.com/part/lg-optical-drive-wh14ns40 And what would you suggest for a sound card, and 16 GB of RAM
MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MonsieurX
Yes. Don't really need a sound card,unless you got some fancy speakers
duey307

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 duey307
[QUOTE="MonsieurX"]Yes. Don't really need a sound card,unless you got some fancy speakers

I do :) Home theater is pretty big for me, No Idea why, but Im a dork.. ;) Also wont I need a wireless card?
_SKatEDiRt_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 _SKatEDiRt_
Member since 2007 • 3117 Posts

Yes. Don't really need a sound card,unless you got some fancy speakersMonsieurX

I can tell the difference between my creative audigy card and mobo sound in these 10 watt dell speakers i use. Just saying

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts
[QUOTE="duey307"][QUOTE="MonsieurX"]http://pcpartpicker.com/p/RKYh 995$ :D

yeah that's a good build
dramaybaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 dramaybaz
Member since 2005 • 6020 Posts

[QUOTE="MonsieurX"]Yes. Don't really need a sound card,unless you got some fancy speakers_SKatEDiRt_

I can tell the difference between my creative audigy card and mobo sound in these 10 watt dell speakers i use. Just saying

And it is because of the card? or because of the software with different equaliser settings.

duey307

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 duey307
Also I read that Nvidia Chipsets work better with intel, and AMD works better with Radeon... Is this still true, or have things changed?
duey307

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 duey307
[QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"][QUOTE="duey307"][QUOTE="MonsieurX"]http://pcpartpicker.com/p/RKYh 995$ :D

yeah that's a good build

So this build , posted above, but I would like 16 GB of RAM and a wireless card...
duey307

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 duey307
I just wasn't sure on the RAM as there are options of 16x1, 8x2, 4x4 etc
MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 MonsieurX
Why 16gb?
duey307

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 duey307
Why 16gb?MonsieurX
Just to have plenty for gaming, photoshop, editing etc.. Always doing multiple things, and to me is worth just future proofing a bit and going with 16 right off the bat
MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 MonsieurX
Also I read that Nvidia Chipsets work better with intel, and AMD works better with Radeon... Is this still true, or have things changed?duey307
Not true.
soolkiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 soolkiki
Member since 2008 • 1783 Posts

I'm Intel+AMD and I run fine. Listen to monsieurX. He knows what he's talking about.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MonsieurX

I'm Intel+AMD and I run fine. Listen to monsieurX. He knows what he's talking about.

soolkiki
I'm da boss.
soolkiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 soolkiki
Member since 2008 • 1783 Posts

[QUOTE="soolkiki"]

MonsieurX

I'm da boss.

I think that you actually helped me with my build a few months ago when I was checking on compatibility. Computer hasn't keeled over yet :P

duey307

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 duey307
[QUOTE="soolkiki"]

MonsieurX
I'm da boss.

Thanks man ;) I heard that the Z77 MOBO you linked me requires a Bios Update or something cuz it will crash windows? Hibernation issue or something.. I really didnt understand it
Krigen89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Krigen89
Member since 2003 • 3907 Posts
Just built myself something for 875 CAN$ Gigabyte Sniper.M3 Intel i5-3570k 8gb Corsair low-profile RAM Corsair 750W modular power supply (wanted 600W, this was on special at same price) EVGA GTX 660 Superclocked Only thing I didn't buy was the tower itself as I had an old ATX one lying around. Will eventually change it for a small tower/micro-ATX that looks better. With a tower it should put you around your 1000$ depending on what you choose. Very happy with it so far.
_SKatEDiRt_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 _SKatEDiRt_

[QUOTE="_SKatEDiRt_"]

[QUOTE="MonsieurX"]Yes. Don't really need a sound card,unless you got some fancy speakersdramaybaz

And it is because of the card? or because of the software with different equaliser settings.

Im assuming the card. i have no software installed other than drivers. onboard sound is tinny and always has been to me. 

kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

[QUOTE="dramaybaz"]

[QUOTE="_SKatEDiRt_"]

_SKatEDiRt_

Im assuming the card. i have no software installed other than drivers. onboard sound is tinny and always has been to me. 

Sounds like EQ settings to me.
duey307

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 duey307
[QUOTE="duey307"][QUOTE="MonsieurX"][QUOTE="soolkiki"] I'm da boss.

Thanks man ;) I heard that the Z77 MOBO you linked me requires a Bios Update or something cuz it will crash windows? Hibernation issue or something.. I really didnt understand it

Thanks everyone!!.. Just wanted to bump this quote to see if I could get an answer to this quoted question.. I was told that win8 will crash when hibernating, as was told the MOBO was not as good as most of the reviews and ppl in here say it is.... Why I asked WHY, this is what he said

Overclocking options sucked and ASRock offered no explanation as to when they will resolve the BIOS issue with Windows 8 causing it not to hibernate properly. EVGA still has not resolved it but I have confirmation from them there engineers are working on it. That and that particular ASRock Motherboard is considered a low to midtier Motherboard, the Extreme 9/11 series are your high end ASRock motherboards, but still not as good as ASUS Rampage IV Extreme/Maximus Extreme or EVGA Z77 FTW Motherboards. The EVGA offered so many more options compared to the board you have selected if you can get it at the price I did. Not to mention if by chance something happens to the primary BIOS you have 2 others you can switch to as backups.

homeboylizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27 homeboylizard
Member since 2010 • 1289 Posts
[QUOTE="Krigen89"]Just built myself something for 875 CAN$ Gigabyte Sniper.M3 Intel i5-3570k 8gb Corsair low-profile RAM Corsair 750W modular power supply (wanted 600W, this was on special at same price) EVGA GTX 660 Superclocked Only thing I didn't buy was the tower itself as I had an old ATX one lying around. Will eventually change it for a small tower/micro-ATX that looks better. With a tower it should put you around your 1000$ depending on what you choose. Very happy with it so far.

The 7950 is way better than the GTX 660. And no point in getting a 30$ more expensive MOBO...the Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 or 6 is just fine.
_SKatEDiRt_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 _SKatEDiRt_

[QUOTE="_SKatEDiRt_"]

[QUOTE="dramaybaz"] And it is because of the card? or because of the software with different equaliser settings.

kraken2109

Its not lol trust me. ask anyone that knows anything about audio, onboard sound is garbage

kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

[QUOTE="kraken2109"][QUOTE="_SKatEDiRt_"]

_SKatEDiRt_

Its not lol trust me. ask anyone that knows anything about audio, onboard sound is garbage

So are Dell speakers. I know onboard is poor.
Krigen89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Krigen89
Member since 2003 • 3907 Posts

[QUOTE="Krigen89"]Just built myself something for 875 CAN$ Gigabyte Sniper.M3 Intel i5-3570k 8gb Corsair low-profile RAM Corsair 750W modular power supply (wanted 600W, this was on special at same price) EVGA GTX 660 Superclocked Only thing I didn't buy was the tower itself as I had an old ATX one lying around. Will eventually change it for a small tower/micro-ATX that looks better. With a tower it should put you around your 1000$ depending on what you choose. Very happy with it so far.homeboylizard
The 7950 is way better than the GTX 660. And no point in getting a 30$ more expensive MOBO...the Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 or 6 is just fine.

I've always been an AMD/ATI guy before (skipped PC gaming for a few years, budget issues) and always had these little nagging issues... decided to go Nvidia this time. That, and I wanted PhysX support. Also, I know the motherboard was slightly overpriced, but I wanted the higher-end sound chip and in my experience/everything I've read and heard: Gigabyte >> Asrock.

EDIT and the 7950 is much more expensive than the 660 SC, here in Canada anyways

_SKatEDiRt_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 _SKatEDiRt_

[QUOTE="_SKatEDiRt_"]

[QUOTE="kraken2109"] Sounds like EQ settings to me.kraken2109

So are Dell speakers. I know onboard is poor.

True that haha. i mostly use beats solos that I got for christmas.  the dells are only for when i have people over.

dramaybaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 dramaybaz
Member since 2005 • 6020 Posts
Nothing wrong here, you paid premium price to get that performance early.