Looking for open world RPG

This topic is locked from further discussion.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58850 Posts

Hello. Looking for an open world RPG to play that isn't the Elder Scrolls, Risen 3, nor has heavy focus on combat with shit attacking you every 40 seconds.

Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2 Arthas045
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts

That is actually hard to do with the new games... Most games are heavy action these days.... I am still going to recommend Fallout 3 and Fallout: NV. Also I am going to say Kingdom of Amalur.

The true open world/sandbox RPG for me is still Star Wars Galaxies. I still play it to this day...

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online

I thought that shut down?

Gona re-try Divinity 2 I think.

I reinstalled and uninstalled Gothic 3, 3 times. But enough is enough, it's just shite imo.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9394 Posts

Well Avernum: Escape from the Pit is on sale for $2.00 on steam right now. If you don't care about graphics give it a go. It has a huge world with a bunch of town and dungeons. It's a classic CRPG game.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Hello. Looking for an open world RPG to play that isn't the Elder Scrolls, Risen 3, nor has heavy focus on combat with shit attacking you every 40 seconds.

Do you mean isn't Elder Scrolls because you don't like those games, or because you have already played them.

Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Arthas045
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts

@uninspiredcup: I play through an EMU server. SWGEMU

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 uninspiredcup  Online

@thehig1 said:

@uninspiredcup said:

Do you mean isn't Elder Scrolls because you don't like those games, or because you have already played them.

Both.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 uninspiredcup  Online

Yes: Divinity 2 seems like a good balance of open exploration gameplay and combat that doesn't bombard you in the face.

Very much like the open field level design.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Man, you've been jumping from game to game nearly daily for the past month, lol...

Can't find a game that will keep you interested?

I know the feeling. I have about 8 games installed and can't play any of them for more than 10 min. Keep just going back to FIFA.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

@thehig1 said:

@uninspiredcup said:

Both.

Fair enough

thinking about I should have known Elder Scrolls games are not your taste, when you have mentioned you love "Planescape Torment" and some other similar games.

Sorry cant think of anything to recommend you.

@FelipeInside said:

@uninspiredcup said:

Man, you've been jumping from game to game nearly daily for the past month, lol...

Can't find a game that will keep you interested?

I know the feeling. I have about 8 games installed and can't play any of them for more than 10 min. Keep just going back to FIFA.

Me too, I often jump back to either Fifa or Football Manager after trying a few games I cant get into

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3324 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

I reinstalled and uninstalled Gothic 3, 3 times. But enough is enough, it's just shite imo.

Well you should be installing/playing Gothic 2, not 3.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19563 Posts

If you like Fallout 1+2 style RPGs, you might want to check out Age of Decadence.

It isn't entirely free-roam, but there's heaps of unique content for each character you make, and it strikes a great balance between deep roleplaying and deep combat.

Oh, and it's Early Access - but they just introduced the third Act and there is plenty of content to see already, so...I guess I could recommend it now.

Avatar image for insane_metalist
insane_metalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#13 insane_metalist
Member since 2006 • 7797 Posts

Fable series.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online

The issue is resolved my friends: I'm playing Divinity 2, after giving it a second chance.

It's wonderful.