Looking for a PC game that is like the Discovery show The Colony

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by TexasRangers (3 posts) -
I'm looking for a PC game that is like the Discovery show The Colony. Is there anything like it?
#2 Posted by Rec-neps (505 posts) -
#3 Posted by mrbojangles25 (31985 posts) -

If you provided us with a brief description of what the show was about, we might be able to help you out

#4 Posted by TexasRangers (3 posts) -
"The Colony is a controlled experiment to see exactly what it would take to survive and rebuild under these circumstances. For 10 weeks, a group of 10 volunteers, whose backgrounds and expertise represent a cross-section of modern society, are isolated in an urban environment outside Los Angeles and tasked with creating a livable society."
#5 Posted by TexasRangers (3 posts) -
"What would you do in the wake of a global catastrophe? How would you find food? Water? Shelter? The Colony is a controlled experiment to see exactly what it would take to survive and rebuild under these circumstances. For 10 weeks, a group of 10 volunteers, whose backgrounds and expertise represent a cross-section of modern society, are isolated in an urban environment outside Los Angeles and tasked with creating a livable society."
#6 Posted by mrbojangles25 (31985 posts) -

You would problably really love Black and White or Black and White 2

#7 Posted by detsuo (185 posts) -

the black and white series is definitely fun however it has nothing to do with what the op is looking for. I have been looking for the same thing.

i recommend a free game called dwarf fortress however the learning curve is super steep and the graphics are nonexistent.

in the mainstream market however i can,t find anything in a post apocoliptic resorce managment and colony building game.

dawn of discovery and stronghold 2 may be a halfway decent distraction untill you find somthing more similar.

#8 Posted by Reaper6666 (138 posts) -

I've been looking everywhere myself for a game like that. And I couldn't find any.

Only thing I did find and amused myself with for about... 1 hour ;) was Stranded 2.

It has absolutely nothing to do with something you're looking for, but it is survival. Making fire, searching for food, make a shelter, until you're able to build a raft and get your ass of that stinking island.

Maybe that will ease your mind a bit while searching for a game like The Colony. Probably not. But a game like The Colony would be great. Especially if it's about a zombie outbreak. ;)

#9 Posted by xXDrPainXx (4001 posts) -
Pretty limited on the games like with the survival post-apocalyptic set up. You could always mod Fallout 3 to death and like the other poster said use that mod but I don't think there is anything where you have to actually scavenge and then build things to survive. It would be cool though if something did come along whether it is a top down survival game or some form of an RTS to the third person adventure game.