Looking for a micro atx case, suggestions?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

Well I think my old Coolermaster storm scout 1 is aging alittle bit too far.. I was looking for a new micro atx case to fit my rig into.. Originally I thought the Corsair 240 air was the perfect match, unfortunately that was destroyed when I found that a MSI 970 gtx is too tall for it to fit in the case to fully short the door with..

The only other ones I have looked at were the fractal 804 node.. But I personally am not a big fan of the cases looks and I have been hearing mixed things about the actual cooling of the case.. The only other one that looked good was the Fractal arc mini r2.. Though I really would like to find one with a dual chamber design... Any of you guys have any other recommendations or own either of the fractal cases and can tell me their experience with it?

Do you guys know if corsair has said anything about releasing their successor to the 240 air at all? Or if there is another alternative case.. I did like the look of the H440, but at that size I would have wished that it had one drive bay.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

@sSubZerOo said:

Well I think my old Coolermaster storm scout 1 is aging alittle bit too far.. I was looking for a new micro atx case to fit my rig into.. Originally I thought the Corsair 240 air was the perfect match, unfortunately that was destroyed when I found that a MSI 970 gtx is too tall for it to fit in the case to fully short the door with..

The only other ones I have looked at were the fractal 804 node.. But I personally am not a big fan of the cases looks and I have been hearing mixed things about the actual cooling of the case.. The only other one that looked good was the Fractal arc mini r2.. Though I really would like to find one with a dual chamber design... Any of you guys have any other recommendations or own either of the fractal cases and can tell me their experience with it?

Do you guys know if corsair has said anything about releasing their successor to the 240 air at all? Or if there is another alternative case.. I did like the look of the H440, but at that size I would have wished that it had one drive bay.

Should've bought Gigabyte 970 ITX version.

But I would suggest on Bitfenix Prodigy

General_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 General_X
Member since 2003 • 9137 Posts

I have a Silverstone Temjin TJ-08 and it's served me very well. Mainly got it for its support of longer cards and 3.5in drives. Kind-of a pain to build in but I think that's pretty universal for smaller cases.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By deactivated-59d151f079814

@PredatorRules said:

@sSubZerOo said:

Why would I buy an ITX version for a micro atx set up?? The Air 240 depth was a oversight, it can quite literally fit the massive gigabyte 970 gtx g1 version, just not the width of the MSI or asus versions that are much shorter cards, just alittle bit wider.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

@sSubZerOo said:

@PredatorRules said:

@sSubZerOo said:

Why would I buy an ITX version for a micro atx set up?? The Air 240 depth was a oversight, it can quite literally fit the massive gigabyte 970 gtx g1 version, just not the width of the MSI or asus versions that are much shorter cards, just alittle bit wider.

Anyhow I would suggest on the Prodigy.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-59d151f079814

Looked at the prodigy, I didn't like it simply due to a very odd case design.. I decided to have went with the brand new Thermaltake V21 that just got released.. Looks really good, and has massive modding.. Not to mention it has dust filters galore.. Thanks for your guys suggestions though.