Looking for a Dungeon Crawler game for PC (like Wizardry)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

_Telimtor_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 _Telimtor_
Member since 2009 • 196 Posts

So i'm looking for a recent game that plays like the good old Wizardry game, or the most recent Etrian Odyssey for DS. A game with good graphics that came out in the last 3 or 4 years max.

THX !

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

like wizardy is ahrd to do and be recent but the elder scrolsl easily shares a few hands with the wizardy series.. especially TES chapter II: daggerfall and its prequel arena

coughlanio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#3 coughlanio
Member since 2005 • 4306 Posts
Torchlight?
KillerJuan77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 KillerJuan77
Member since 2007 • 3823 Posts

If you have a DS you could get The Dark Spire, it's hardcore dungeon crawling at it's best.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#5 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Not many rpgs these days like Wizardry bud..

But I will list some rpgs that I enjoyed... as I am a HUGE Wizardry fan (one of my all time fav series). They are not just like Wizardry, but as a hue fan of Wizardry, these are ones I enjoyed.

- The Witcher

- Dragon Age

- KOTOR

- Divine Divinity

- Gothic1-3

- Risen

- Drakensang

- Planscape Torment

- Bladurs Gate 1-2

- Neverwinter Nights 1-2

- Daggerall/Morrowind/Arena

Those are some of the rpgs I have enjoyed since my Wizardry days ;)

maddisonhoops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 maddisonhoops
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
hi! can anyone help!!!! im trying to run commandos 2 and 3 on my laptop! but its not working!! a little box appears and says"please unload the debbuger and try again" can anyone please tell me how to do this!. my laptop is well big enough for this game so its not the laptop. thankyou!!
XIntoTheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 XIntoTheBlue
Member since 2009 • 1070 Posts
Dude. This thread has nothing to do with Commandos. Go make your own thread instead of hijacking someone else's. As for games similar to Wizardry? You're going to have a hard time finding games that are akin to it. The most that comes to mind is Temple of Elemental Evil that you can buy off of GoG.com.
Shadowboro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 Shadowboro
Member since 2004 • 83 Posts

I don't think there were any party based dungeon crawler RPG's the likes of Wizardry released for the PC in the last 10 or so years. Honestly, you're much better off sticking with the classics (Eye of The Beholder series, the Might & Magic series etc.). The last games in that style that I can recall were Might & Magic IX (2002) & Wizards & Warriors (2000). Wizards & Warriors was designed by D.W. Bradley, the same guy who created the Wizardry games, and it features similar gameplay so you might enjoy it (if you can get hold of it that is, since I don't recall seeing it on any DD or retailer service; maybe eBay has a used copy for you).

Other than that, I can't think of any others and judging by the lack of pertinent replies in this thread I guess nobody else recalls any PC game in that style being released in the last 4-6 years (probably because there haven't been any).

I guess that - just like the CRpg genre - party based 1st person dungeon crawling is dead. Too bad, cause the genre offered more complex and engaging games than the current RPG's (or should I say "action" RPG's) do.

_Telimtor_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 _Telimtor_
Member since 2009 • 196 Posts

Not many rpgs these days like Wizardry bud..

But I will list some rpgs that I enjoyed... as I am a HUGE Wizardry fan (one of my all time fav series). They are not just like Wizardry, but as a hue fan of Wizardry, these are ones I enjoyed.

- The Witcher

- Dragon Age

- KOTOR

- Divine Divinity

- Gothic1-3

- Risen

- Drakensang

- Planscape Torment

- Bladurs Gate 1-2

- Neverwinter Nights 1-2

- Daggerall/Morrowind/Arena

Those are some of the rpgs I have enjoyed since my Wizardry days ;)

kozzy1234

I'm going to check Drakensang out, dosen't look bad at all.