Looking for a decent cheap MMORPG

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by CaptainAhab13 (5121 posts) -

Check out the topic title. I game on a Mac (yeah, not many... usually PS3/360), but I enjoy MMORPGs. Nothing in the $15 a month price range, if ye please. If you want, please share your thoughts on anything you find fun, or RuneScape, Dofus, et cetera. :)

#2 Posted by ChiliDragon (8444 posts) -
This list has a bunch of Mac MMORPGs. The only ones in that list that I have tried are Everquest (used to be severely addicted) and Shin Megami Tensei: Imagine Online (ran away befor becoming addicted). EQ has a monthly fee of $14.99, SMT:IO is free but with a cash shop.
#3 Posted by BDK-Soft (795 posts) -
Anarchy Online for sure. Takes more brainpower to play than your average mmo.
#4 Posted by CaptainAhab13 (5121 posts) -

That list was awesome, thanks! I've heard a lot about Anarchy Online. Anyone wanna give me a tiny review?

#5 Posted by CaptainAhab13 (5121 posts) -

Oh, it's PC only. :(

#6 Posted by BDK-Soft (795 posts) -
Hmmm thought it ran on mac as well.. Guess you'll have to wait for the overhaul then =) Anyway here are the monthly price tags: Free: AO, Notum Wars $5: AO, Notum Wars, Shadowlands $15: AO, Notum Wars, Shadowlands, Alien Invasion You can also join the Ark program and get a lifetime subscription for free with all expansions included. It does involve some knowledge of the game, customer support skills and a good amount of spare time but they are always looking for people to join the ranks as "mini GM's" =)
#7 Posted by ChiliDragon (8444 posts) -
Adding to my earlier post, SMT:IO has a very good community. I only played it up to lvl 10 or so, but it always had lots of people online, and as long as you're not a jerk in chat, they were all nice and willing to help a newb out by answering questions and giving pointers and advice. I never asked for power-leveling, but I never expect anyone to be willing to do that either. :P