Looking 4 a Gothic-like game !!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Qlang (5 posts) -

I'm looking 4 a Gothic-like game !!! Not just a 3rd person game .... but an RPG also ... I really loved Gothic (except 3 ... i didn't have a "rocket" to play it :( ) ... Doesn't matter how old is it ....

#2 Posted by LiLsLashy (1082 posts) -
  • Arx Fatalis: better than Gothic II Gold IMO.
  • Severance: Blade of Darkness: a third-person action game that is similar to Dark Messiah, yet features the best tactical real time combat system I've ever come across.
#3 Posted by Qlang (5 posts) -
I'd had played them both .... arx was too "underground" ... and severance had too choppy controls ... Gothic like games except KOTOR series and TES series ...
#4 Posted by mottadude (119 posts) -

Try ENCLAVE- its got:

fantasy setting , hack n slash action, magic cast weapons, gripping story, 

lots of highly polished beautiful artwork and craftsmanship, adventure/rpg elements, 

highly optimized-can run on very dated hardware with lower settings.  

join forces of good or evil- choose from 25 characters. 

from the makers of RIDDICK (which also kicks ass!)

those should be reasons enough, eh ?

check it out on GS, just ignore the biased/BSed score.. 

#5 Posted by Darth_Kane (2966 posts) -

Two Worlds

BTW, KOTOR is NOTHING like Gothic 

#7 Posted by lawlessx (46414 posts) -

Risen is pretty good

#8 Posted by ShimmerMan (4426 posts) -

The old Ultima games fit that category, Demon SOuls and Dark Souls to some degree although they're more about combat and gameplay than the Gothic series.

#9 Posted by 8-Bitterness (3707 posts) -
I'd say Risen is the way to go.
#10 Posted by Lucianu (9309 posts) -

Thread is almost 6 years old. But anyway, now is the perfect time to play Gothic 3, because with the massive community patch, it is a great game.

Risen is also a great one to pick.  

#11 Posted by KalDurenik (3768 posts) -

Thread is almost 6 years old. But anyway, now is the perfect time to play Gothic 3, because with the massive community patch, it is a great game.

Risen is also a great one to pick.  

Lucianu
What did the community patch fix and change do you know that?
#12 Posted by pelvist (4562 posts) -

Two worlds 2 wasnt that bad, the first one was abysmal though. Try Outcast its old but it was great at the time, it may be a bit dated now though, same goes for Omicron: The Nomad Soul, another old one that may not have aged well but it was good at the time. Also Risen which is very much like Gothic 3/4 ( made by the same developers ) but its better than Gothic 4 because Gothic 4 sucked TBH.

The Witcher 2is the best RPG made in YEAAAAAAARRRSSS.... Seriously if you havent played it, you should.

EDIT: Dammit, old thread. Im also interested in what that G3 community patch fixed though^, all that game ever did for me was crash all the time and my computer was always more than capable of running it. I know i downloaded a community patch and tried it again about 4 years ago but it still crashed all the time. Has there been another patch since then?

#13 Posted by ionusX (25714 posts) -

two worlds II though its got bland monotone voice acting and some bad 1-liners if you can look past that its not a bad game at all.