Logitech G500 Mouse - HELP

This topic is locked from further discussion.

erglesmergle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 erglesmergle
Member since 2009 • 1769 Posts

Anyone have the G500 mouse? I just got one and the scroll wheel is loose. It rattles whenever I move the mouse around. VERY annoying. Its so loose that quick movements of the mouse can cause web pages to scroll accidentally.

NamelessPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 NamelessPlayer
Member since 2004 • 7729 Posts
Mine isn't too loose. Certainly not enough to scroll around just by shaking it pretty vigorously. However, I do have the detents engaged so that it doesn't freescroll all willy-nilly with no resistance. That's what the button just in front of the scroll wheel is for. Take the detents off when you have a lot of scrolling to do, put 'em back on when precision is needed and you don't want accidental scrolling! If you're coming from the G5 or certain other mice, though, then even with the detents on, the G500's wheel will still feel much looser. (At least the detents line up better with an actual mouse wheel up/down signal, unlike the G5 in some cases.)
erglesmergle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 erglesmergle
Member since 2009 • 1769 Posts

I hear you, but its very inconvenient to switch between scroll modes all the time. I always using the free scrolling mode, and its when Im using the free scrolling mode that I experience these problems.

craige4u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 craige4u
Member since 2008 • 30 Posts

Buddy, i have similar loose scroll wheel/rattle issue...

Have you replaced your's ? The new replacement is perfect ?