Blankolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Blankolf
Member since 2015 • 31 Posts

Yes, the title just sounds like Mass Effect, but I already played through the trilogy multiple times, and there's been an empty space in me because of this game...

And so I was looking for a game, that was about exactly what the title says:

• Crew management - the type of game where you have to worry about your crew's psych and feel you are the leader of it.
  • Sci-fi Spaceship
  • (Bonus) If you could be the captain of a ship and fly around that would also be cool

I already looked at FTL but it is a GREAT concept but at a small scope, I always feel the game is such a small universe, was looking at CONSORTIUM since on paper in steam, it does look like the sort of game I am seeking, though I am worried it is an FPS or something and not a Spaceship management/Crew management game, I also heard of the free game Universal Combat of AD3000 but not sure if it is my cup of tea, being a free game and all, not that I despise such games, I just am not sure I should trust it only to be disappointed.

So what games are out there that fall into my category?

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

Constortium is... weird. More like a parallel universe murder mystery that happens to take place on a large airplane. It's a bizarre alternate reality game where you are actually playing yourself in the body of some sort of enforcer/security officer among the crew. You also aren't the captain, although I haven't played it all the way through.

FTL gives you the closest to what you are looking for but you're right it's a small indie title.

Universal Combat is part of the old Battlecruiser 3000AD series but that's a really dated game at this point. It was made for Win98SE so getting it to run on a modern computer may be problematic. It also got pretty bad reviews, as did most of Derek Smart's games. Very ambitious, but that guy's reach (and ego) often exceeded his grasp.

If you don't mind older titles, I would also recommend the Independence War series, especially 2.

-Byshop

Blankolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Blankolf
Member since 2015 • 31 Posts

Well I played through some of the Consortium, although I was hoping it was something of a "start as soldier, end up as captain on multiple adventures", I think it is more of a, like you said, solving murder situation, it had such potential, but meh

FTL would be the perfect fit for me, if it wasn't so small in everything, i mean you have multiple paths to take, but you don't have true freedom, you feel like you are a flying space bomb, each time you advance, the more instable it gets untill it eventually explodes, its like Dungeon of the Endless, only with spaceships.

I don't mind playing dated games, but playing games prior to 2000/2010 era, might be a turn down for me, I will search for this Independence War series, but as I said, if it is too old it might not appeal that much to me, the games now have set a minimum standard for me unfortunately.