Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jack00
Member since 2006 • 4265 Posts

Hi, I need some help please.

So a LED from my keyboard busted out and i'm trying to find out which type it is to replace it. I tried contacting Razer but they wouldn't even tell me what type of LED it is so I can try to find some myself soemwhere, they wouldn't replace/send me spare parts, anything. So after I told them to go fk themself and searched myself on the internetz i'm still at an impass, so I'm asking here where I know people are actually willing to help out others.

If anyone know which type it is I would appreciate it very much. Thank you.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 comp_atkins  Online
Member since 2005 • 38677 Posts

http://www.techexams.net/forums/off-topic/83989-tear-apart-blackwidow-ultimate-2013-a.html

looks like they use standard 3mm leds but not sure what the operating voltage of them would be. even then it may be a little tricky getting one that is the exact same brightness

jack00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 jack00
Member since 2006 • 4265 Posts

Thx man.

Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8344 Posts

@Chatch09 said:

Unfortunately, Razer support sucks as bad as their overpriced products. I really like the font on the Blackwidow but im not willing to buy one just for the keycaps (I finally got in touch with Razer, after 2 weeks, to see if they sold spare keycaps and they wanted proof of purchase before they would sell me any, they would've got my money anyway so wtf...)

Anyway, I found this video not too long ago, this guy changed out all his LEDs to white so you might want to try and get in contact with him to see which ones he used. Video.

Edit: Here is a link to his page where he goes into detail of everything he did. You might find the exact LED type he used in the info, or find a better way to contact him, I didnt read the whole thing. http://cocasdaneve.wordpress.com/2013/05/02/custom-led-color-and-brightness-on-a-razer-blackwidow-ultimate/

LOL! Total wtfbbq.

As much as I like the keyboard. I'm going to have to say that is some bush league support.