Just picked up a Razer Deathadder 2013...

#1 Edited by jer_1 (7451 posts) -

Holy crap, what the hell was I ever doing buying a Logitech G700 last year?!

About 10 seconds after putting my hand on the Deathadder I was loving it. This is a really quality feeling mouse and it's pretty damn cheap at this point ($50 at my local BB)! Never again will I buy a Logitech mouse, the two that I have bought in the past year have went down on me just from regular typical use (G700 & G400, both now dead or defunct).

The feel of this Deathadder is just far above and beyond even more expensive gaming mice I've owned. Well done Razer, well done...

#2 Posted by SteaminPotatoes (44 posts) -

Welcome to the club, moment i got one of those i could do headshots again vs my terrible Logitech G5, sadly i burnt out on counter strike a long time ago and could never get back into it with CS : GO lol, but can't wait for unreal tournament , Death Adder should help there:D

#3 Edited by PredatorRules (8026 posts) -

@jer_1 said:

About 10 seconds after putting my hand on the Deathadder I was loving it. This is a really quality feeling mouse and it's pretty damn cheap at this point ($50 at my local BB)! Never again will I buy a Logitech mouse, the two that I have bought in the past year have went down on me just from regular typical use (G700 & G400, both now dead or defunct).

The feel of this Deathadder is just far above and beyond even more expensive gaming mice I've owned. Well done Razer, well done...

"quality", just you wait a year or so until it starts to double click on some of the bottons.

Haven't met single gaming mouse that deserve a title of quality brand.

EDIT: I do have to agree that is an excellent palm grip gaming mouse.

#4 Edited by Cyberdot (3537 posts) -

I have a DeathAdder too, but I think mine is a year older than your model. I love it too.

#5 Edited by jer_1 (7451 posts) -

@PredatorRules said:

@jer_1 said:

"quality", just you wait a year or so until it starts to double click on some of the bottons.

Double clicking you say? Thats exactly why my G700 is currently defunct. So annoying to do almost any computer task with that going on. Well I jut hope it holds up to a shit-ton of clicks! The grip on it so nice!

#6 Edited by FelipeInside (25585 posts) -

@jer_1 said:

My condolences....

I really don't know what people do to mice. My last Logitech Gaming mouse lasted me something like 5 years and it still works. My new one is still going strong after 3 years. Do you people throw it across the room or something?

#7 Posted by airshocker (29697 posts) -

@jer_1 said:

Wasn't I the one that told you to get the Deathadder? It's such a great mouse it's unbelievable.

#8 Posted by airshocker (29697 posts) -
@PredatorRules said:

@jer_1 said:

I've had mine since the 2013 edition came out and I haven't had any buttons malfunction on me. Even if they did Razer replaces the mouse almost hassle free. Some of their other peripherals may be suspect in quality but their customer service is on par with the greats like Corsair and EVGA.

#9 Edited by DJ_Headshot (6212 posts) -

The 2013 Deathadder really is a great mouse although it took me some time to get used to gripping it coming from my Razer Lachesis but once my hand adjusted to it by far my favorite mouse I honestly do think it has improved my aim to a noticeable degree in shooters since using it. I fell like I should buy one or two more to keep incase Razer decides to discontinue it or follow up with a worse performing version.

#10 Edited by jer_1 (7451 posts) -

@FelipeInside said:

@jer_1 said:

My condolences....

I really don't know what people do to mice. My last Logitech Gaming mouse lasted me something like 5 years and it still works. My new one is still going strong after 3 years. Do you people throw it across the room or something?

Just used for programs and of course some games. Just regular use is all it took for my two logitech to go belly up.

#11 Edited by BattleSpectre (6135 posts) -

Welcome to the club, don't believe the haters. Razer Deathadder 3.5G here and it's been going strong for a few years now. Great quality mouse but really, I don't understand how someone can manage to break a mouse? Maybe some of you need anger management mwahaha.

#12 Edited by Grey_Eyed_Elf (3889 posts) -

I love the DeathAdder 2013.

The better sensor and side grip along with not having the finger print sensitive coating that old DeathAdder's had. I have to say that while it may be preference and opinion... The DeathAdder 2013 is the best mouse out there.

Mice I have owned:

• DeathAdder 3.5G - 9/10
  • Logitech MX518 - 810
  • Roccat Kova+ - 8/10
  • Mad Catz R.A.T 3 - 7/10
  • DeathAdder 2013 - 10/10
  • Saitek GM 3200 - 6/10

#13 Edited by gameofthering (10261 posts) -

@PredatorRules said:

@jer_1 said:

My R.A.T 5 mouse has been double clicking for a few months now and it's really annoying. I'll need to get another one soon.

#14 Posted by jer_1 (7451 posts) -

@gameofthering said:

@PredatorRules said:

@jer_1 said:

My R.A.T 5 mouse has been double clicking for a few months now and it's really annoying. I'll need to get another one soon.

You certainly can't go wrong with a deathadder, the feel of this mouse is just phenomenal. It's a little bit less expensive than the RAT5 too.

I came close to getting a RAT5 but read a few articles on the Deathadder and it seemed to get the best reviews across the board, it turned out to be a great choice!

#15 Edited by gameofthering (10261 posts) -

@jer_1: It looks nice, plus it matches my green room. I'll have to see if I'm able to spot it in a shop and see how it feels.

It's this mouse you're talking about?

#16 Posted by Postmortem123 (7693 posts) -

Is the mouse really that good? I've been looking at getting a new one recently so might consider it.

#17 Edited by jer_1 (7451 posts) -

@gameofthering said:

@jer_1: It looks nice, plus it matches my green room. I'll have to see if I'm able to spot it in a shop and see how it feels.

It's this mouse you're talking about?

yessir, that's the one!

@Postmortem123 said:

Is the mouse really that good? I've been looking at getting a new one recently so might consider it.

It really is THAT good. I can almost guarantee that once you feel it in action you'll certainly agree.

#18 Edited by Kh1ndjal (2479 posts) -

i can agree with @FelipeInside on this one, what are you doing with your mice?

i have a 5 year old logitech g9 that's lasted me more than 5000 lol games, around 1000 dota games, and just about every major fps in that time. it still works perfectly.

#19 Posted by BSC14 (3887 posts) -

I'm a mouse nerd myself....buy every new mouse I see.

So far the Roccat Kone XTD has been my mouse of choice. But the Razer Deathadder is one that I never picked up for some reason.

#20 Posted by Postmortem123 (7693 posts) -

I don't think I can bring myself to spend so much on a mouse V_V

#21 Edited by Horgen (110134 posts) -

I've had my current one for years already... How do you guys go through them so quickly?

#22 Posted by Postmortem123 (7693 posts) -

I always buy cheap £15 ones and they break after 18 months or so. Usually the mouse wheel starts sticking or it starts double clicking.

#23 Edited by 404FredNotFound (79 posts) -

Well last Razer mouse I had was a Imperator and that was a bust, recently I have been using an M90 but it feels abit wrong in my hand plus the side buttons are crap, been looking for a new mouse but without handling them before buying makes me weary, and I have the problem that my hand is big and my fingers are stupidly lengthy so its hard to find a decent mouse for me. How does the Deathadder fair with long hands

#24 Posted by Nick3306 (2577 posts) -

I love my deathadder 2013. I had a steel series ikari laser mouse before it and I loved that mouse but it eventually started double clicking for the right click.

#25 Posted by airshocker (29697 posts) -

@horgen said:

I've had my current one for years already... How do you guys go through them so quickly?

I've never broken a mouse before. I've broken a keyboard but that was by spilling a Monster on it. I usually just buy the next iteration of whatever peripheral I'm using once it comes out. Or in my case, when my Razer Deathadder black edition started getting button shorts(when I would try and transmit over VOIP) I called Razer and they sent me the 2013 ergonomic edition for free.

#26 Posted by Cwagmire21 (5896 posts) -

I really like my Razer Deathadder mouse. I really hate my Razer Lycosa keyboard. :P

#27 Edited by DJ_Headshot (6212 posts) -

@Postmortem123 said:

You spend hundreds on a nice pc why not spend a little more for a higher quality mouse. You use it all the time to interact with said pc in games and the desktop so why not get something better?

#28 Edited by JigglyWiggly_ (23561 posts) -

@Postmortem123 said:

If you have no money, try this

http://www.amazon.com/SHARKK%C2%AE-Programmable-Buttons-Profiles-Switches/dp/B00HEX8TA4/ref=sr_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1399875229&sr=8-1-spell&keywords=shakk+2000+dpdi

Tracks up to around 3.9m/s which is way more than enough. A really good grip that feels like the g9x. Build quality is about as good as razer which you can interpret however you want.

Has omron switches too which work really nice for single click and moving your mouse kinda clicks. Tested good on humanbenchmark for me (reaction test)I personally like it more than the deathadder, but that's mainly because I like more symmetrical designs for mice.But don't go buying any random cheap mouse, most usually have garbage sensors that are actually unusable. There's a few other cheap mice with good sensors.

#29 Edited by Horgen (110134 posts) -

@Postmortem123 said:

I always buy cheap £15 ones and they break after 18 months or so. Usually the mouse wheel starts sticking or it starts double clicking.

That happened to a mouse I bought for 59kr.. Which equals 10$. The mouse wheel stopped working. My current one cost 129kr I think and it has been working for 2-3 years now.