Just got Sli gtx 670 need advice?

#1 Edited by awax187187 (203 posts) -

I just installed my first GTX 670 sli never done it before I just wanted some pointers or tips about it because I have never done it before, I tried a few games some have like flickering in the sky and smoke that just normal with some games, also what's a good game to try it out im guessing Metro Last Light?

One more thing the micro stuttering would be more noticeable in games that are less compatible or same all round?

Thanks.

#2 Edited by Klunt_Bumskrint (3908 posts) -

Make sure the SLI connector is firmly on. I've never really noticed micro stutter, you wont get more in less compatible games just lower frame rates as they wont use the 2nd gpu so much.

Flickering could be a number of things...were they 2nd hand or new. Metro is a good one also BF4, Crysis 3 any major title really.

#3 Posted by awax187187 (203 posts) -

@klunt_bumskrint said:

Make sure the SLI connector is firmly on. I've never really noticed micro stutter, you wont get more in less compatible games just lower frame rates as they wont use the 2nd gpu so much.

Flickering could be a number of things...were they 2nd hand or new. Metro is a good one also BF4, Crysis 3 any major title really.

The second card I bought is 2nd hand I played few games with it before I used sli to make sure it works but soon as I sli couple of games the smoke and some other little things in the game I can notice a change of colour

#4 Posted by Klunt_Bumskrint (3908 posts) -

@awax187187: Check both are clocking the same and check the temps on both when under load

#5 Posted by Horgen (110131 posts) -

You got a Psu powerful enough to run them?

#6 Posted by awax187187 (203 posts) -

@horgen said:

You got a Psu powerful enough to run them?

@klunt_bumskrint said:

Yea it was the SLI connector cheers mate that fixed it

#7 Edited by Klunt_Bumskrint (3908 posts) -

@awax187187:

Reaction GIF: pleased, smile, sunglasses, Jamie Foxx, Django Unchained
#8 Posted by awax187187 (203 posts) -

@klunt_bumskrint said:

@awax187187:

LOL awesome movie

#9 Posted by soolkiki (1765 posts) -

@klunt_bumskrint said:

@awax187187:

And best gif award goes to!