This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by nooblet69 (5162 posts) -

Is this game still worth playing on pc ? I noticed its only 3 dollars on steam right now and have been looking for a good rpg.

#2 Posted by slvrraven9 (9235 posts) -
yes OH HELL YES!!!!! BUY IT!!!!
#3 Posted by ZetA_LatA (117 posts) -

A classic never gets old for those who truly appreciate a good game.

#4 Posted by FelipeInside (25166 posts) -
I also agree with prior posters. One of BioWare's best titles.
#5 Posted by flipin_jackass (9726 posts) -
It was a fun game. I had it on xbox, I'm thinking about getting it on Steam too...
#6 Posted by kozzy1234 (35140 posts) -

I really enjoyed it :)

#7 Posted by guynamedbilly (12919 posts) -
I am not a fan. It's worth playing for that much to see if you like it and see what's it's like, but I don't think it's a good game. It is interesting though. I played it when it released and recently tried replaying it a month or so ago. The story is incredibly contrived and the combat is unreliable and poorly designed. The progression is boring, and the quests are rarely interesting. The most interesting thing is probably the morality system where you don't have to take the standard good vs evil stance and instead can take a more pragmatic stance if you want. Realistically, it doesn't change much, but that makes the story just a little interesting. After I replayed it recently, I was curious what the perception of similar people was, and I found that I agree with most of what the author says in this article. http://www.bit-tech.net/blog/gaming/2010/07/23/i-hate-jade-empire/
#9 Posted by Elann2008 (32953 posts) -
It was a decent to good game. The weakest aspect of Jade Empire was the combat.
#10 Posted by sleepingzzz (2260 posts) -

Great game that was just a bit too short. The game is also a combination of a bunch of classic Chinese novels. I think they would of have been better off sticking to one of those stories instead of trying to combine all of it.

#11 Posted by IxX3xil3d0n3XxI (1508 posts) -
The story and combat was amazing. Its pretty much KOTOR but with a chinese martial arts setting.
#12 Posted by NeonNinja (17318 posts) -

Yeah, it's worth it. Not BioWare's best game, but it's a fun RPG with a really cool setting.

#13 Posted by LongZhiZi (2453 posts) -
I bought it months ago but have yet to play it (other than making sure it works)....one day....