Issues with getting Windows Media Player to run on xbox 360.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by IxX3xil3d0n3XxI (1508 posts) -

Sorry, I dont know if this is the right forum, but im running out of ideas with this.

I'm trying to play videos on my xbox 360 from my pc. It works for playing 1 video but then I try to play another video and my TV just says buffering. I have to restart my pc between each episode to get it to play the next. Any ideas with this?

Running Windows 7 64b btw.

#2 Posted by darksusperia (6911 posts) -
#3 Posted by IxX3xil3d0n3XxI (1508 posts) -
Would that actually work on the 360 though? Thats what I need it for.
#4 Posted by halokillerz (3406 posts) -

I used it a few years ago for my 360, it took up a lot of processing power from my pc though

#5 Posted by darksusperia (6911 posts) -
Would that actually work on the 360 though? Thats what I need it for. IxX3xil3d0n3XxI
yes, thats what I use it for.
#6 Posted by IxX3xil3d0n3XxI (1508 posts) -
Thanks I will try it out tomorrow.
#7 Posted by darksusperia (6911 posts) -

I used it a few years ago for my 360, it took up a lot of processing power from my pc though

halokillerz
I had it running on an old p4 machine with 512MB of ram, it works fine, doesnt take up that much power...
#8 Posted by FelipeInside (25469 posts) -

Sorry, I dont know if this is the right forum, but im running out of ideas with this.

I'm trying to play videos on my xbox 360 from my pc. It works for playing 1 video but then I try to play another video and my TV just says buffering. I have to restart my pc between each episode to get it to play the next. Any ideas with this?

Running Windows 7 64b btw.

IxX3xil3d0n3XxI
May I ask why through the XBOX? I used the Western Digital WDTV Live and it streams straight from the PC to the TV. I even have it on wireless and doesn't miss a beat. Plays every format known to man.