Is this low end pc good?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

michajc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 michajc
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

hi,i know this is a low end pc but its the best thing i can buy with my budget, i live in a shitty country where technology is 2 or 3 times more expensive than in america

i asked in forums of my own country and i ended with this

what spec is better?

number 1 pc:

cpu: i5 4690 3.5ghz

MOTHER: ASUS H97plus

RAM: 2x4Gb corsair vengeance dd3 1800mhz. (or gskill)

HD: western digital blue 1 tera.

VIDEO: R9 270X VAPOR-X OC 2GB

power supply: seasonic 620w

case: Thermaltake commander ms-i

MONITOR: LG IPS 23EA53V

number 2 pc:

cpu: fx x8 8350 4.0ghz

MOTHER: ASUS m5a97

in the future i plan to upgrade the vga to a gtx 970

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#2 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

there is no difference between the systems apart from the cpu motherboard combos.

if its around the same price the i5 build is better.

although the 8350 is more than enough cpu grunt and if its significantly cheaper I'd consider that if budget is a concern.

neatfeatguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#3 neatfeatguy
Member since 2005 • 4398 Posts

There's nothing wrong with either PC. I would call them a high/mid end PC.

If you do things such as photoshop or video editing, you'd get better use out uof the FX 8350 (2nd computer) build. If you're looking for something strictly gaming, go with the i5. The i5 has much faster IPC (instructions per cycle) than the FX 8350, so you tend to get better frames per second in games.

michajc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By michajc

i play mostly shooters and mmorpgs so i dont care about ultra high settings, i prefer fps and history over graphics. i will be able to run bf4 or crysis on medium/low graphics?

i think i will go with the intel because they told me that is a very reliable cpu

i dont plan to overclock because i dont know how to,maybe in the future. the i5 can be overclocked?

DrFischie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DrFischie

@michajc:

@michajc said:

hi,i know this is a low end pc but its the best thing i can buy with my budget, i live in a shitty country where technology is 2 or 3 times more expensive than in america

i asked in forums of my own country and i ended with this

what spec is better?

number 2 pc:

cpu: fx x8 8350 4.0ghz

MOTHER: ASUS m5a97

in the future i plan to upgrade the vga to a gtx 970

WTF?

Did you just call a high end pc "low end"?

Man, do your homework, before saying such a dumb thing ...

You could play BF3 on ultra (1920x1080 4xAA) with an FX 8350 and an R9 270x with over 60+ FPS

BF4 from what I've seen on ultra (1920x1080 4xAA) with the same rig. with an Average of 50 FPS (Don't know Multiplayer on 64 servers, but the CPU shouldn't make a prob. there)

Maybe you should get the AMD R9 280 or 280x instead

And you would get the same result with your first spec, I guess ... Don't know much about Intel ;-)

michajc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By michajc

like i said before

i know nothing about hardware

they told me it was a low end pc, i dont know

but im glad to hear that i would be able to play bf4

with the intel i5 i would be able to pull the same fps?

DrFischie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DrFischie

@michajc: Well, I don't know much 'bout Intel ...

But you could try to find some videos on YouTube with the same cpu and gpu - maybe you'll find something.

I found someone who's playing the training map and in the end some Multiplayer with the second spec. (FX 8350, AMD R9 270x)

I don't know what he's saying, 'cuz I don't speak his language, but I guess he's playing on High.

neatfeatguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#8  Edited By neatfeatguy
Member since 2005 • 4398 Posts

@michajc said:

i play mostly shooters and mmorpgs so i dont care about ultra high settings, i prefer fps and history over graphics. i will be able to run bf4 or crysis on medium/low graphics?

i think i will go with the intel because they told me that is a very reliable cpu

i dont plan to overclock because i dont know how to,maybe in the future. the i5 can be overclocked?

Only the i5 and i7 that end with "K" can be overclocked. The one listed in the PC you posted specs on is an i5-4690. Since there is no "K" at the end of the CPU name, it cannot be overclocked.

The FX 8350 can be overclocked, but you'd have to take her upwards of 4.2-4.4 to get close to running a similar performance for single threaded applications.

Let me put it this way. I used to have a Phenom II x4 940 (overclocked to 3.6). The Phenom II series and the more recent FX series, they basically have a very similar IPC. So single threaded applications pretty much run just as well on the Phenom II as it does on the FX. The place where FX shines over the Phenom II is when multi-threaded applications are used, then generally the FX pulls ahead of the Phenom II.

I recently (8 months ago) acquired an intel i5-4670k (I haven't overclocked it yet) and my performance in games has taken a dramatic jump. I run dual GTX 570s in SLI and I benched a couple of games before switching over to the i5.

As you can see, the i5 has given me a substantial boost in performance in my games. I would recommend you getting the PC with the i5 if you're planning on using the PC as a gaming machine. If you do a lot of photoshop/video editing then the FX would be a better fit since it has 8 cores that can be utilized.

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts

Go with that i5 . Better performance all around ( though in most games you wont notice it since 8350 is more than enough ) and that H97 motherboard will be compatible with upcoming broadwell Cpus in case you want to upgrade to an i7 later ( though i7's for now offer no advantage over i5's in gaming ) . Also that is not a low end pc. That is a great mid-range pc and expect most games to run on high-ultra settings

michajc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By michajc

okay thank you all

im gonna sell my bike and some other shit and try to buy the i5 4690k and a gtx970

http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.ar/MLA-534957464-msi-geforce-gtx-970-gaming-oc-4gb-gddr5-rosario-envios-_JM

http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.ar/MLA-533643251-placa-de-video-zotac-geforce-gtx-970-4gb-gddr5-pci-e-30-_JM

of these 2,which one is the best? my case is all black and no windows so i dont care about looks,only reliability

oh and another thing, should i buy windows 7 or windows 8?

i will only use it for gaming and download movies

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts

@michajc said:

okay thank you all

im gonna sell my bike and some other shit and try to buy the i5 4690k and a gtx970

http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.ar/MLA-534957464-msi-geforce-gtx-970-gaming-oc-4gb-gddr5-rosario-envios-_JM

http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.ar/MLA-533643251-placa-de-video-zotac-geforce-gtx-970-4gb-gddr5-pci-e-30-_JM

of these 2,which one is the best? my case is all black and no windows so i dont care about looks,only reliability

oh and another thing, should i buy windows 7 or windows 8?

i will only use it for gaming and download movies

i personally would go with MSI but in this days any respectable GPU manufacturer including Zotac have low failure rates ( less than 3% ) so really reliability shouldnt be a concern . You should look reviews about stuff such as temperatures and noise

Also a word of advice you should buy at least a surge protector ( fluctuations in electric current can cause problems on your pc ) and if possible buying a UPS is also a great idea

DJ_Headshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By DJ_Headshot
Member since 2010 • 6427 Posts

Looks good to me just need to upgrade gpu for the latest games and you will be good to go but the overwhelming majority of pc games currently available to play will run just fine and not look so bad doing so even with just a r9 270x 2gb but the GTX 970 will give you as close to a no compromise gaming experience in the most demanding games out like Assassin Creed Unity or Crysis 3 for a single gpu as you can get!

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

That's not low-end by any means, its mid-range and if you get the GTX970, its high-end.

Avatar image for insane_metalist
insane_metalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#14  Edited By insane_metalist
Member since 2006 • 7797 Posts

Go with PC 1. That's a perfect CPU for you since you don't plan on overclocking. Sell R9 270X and get GTX 970 or R9 290 and it's high end.

michajc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 michajc

thank you all

im gonna buy the number 1 but with a 4690k so maybe if someday i learn to overclock, i would be able to do it without buying another cpu

now i just need to pick between windows 8.1 vs 7 and msi vs zotac

PowerstrokeGT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#16 PowerstrokeGT
Member since 2004 • 907 Posts

Good luck. Also id think hard about whoever told you those set-ups were "low end". They seem to be trying to sell you a bill of goods. Overclocking is honestly not that hard, my man. Especially if your Mobo has a good bios. If I can do it, you can. Easy peasy!

michajc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By michajc

they told me it was low end but i didnt care because i cant afford to buy a more expensive pc,not in this shitty country with over expensive technology, an msi gtx 970 on amazon is $360 american dollars and here it is $8400($988 american dollars)

i earn like $4500($530 american dollars) per month, so its impossible for me to buy a more expensive computer

but i think that i will enjoy this setup

gigabyte h97 gaming has a good bios? or should i spend a few dollars more and buy the asus h97m plus?

PowerstrokeGT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#18 PowerstrokeGT
Member since 2004 • 907 Posts

Well, unless you're getting a "k" chip, then you wont be able to anyway, but if you plan on the future and you might want to OC (you can see large gains in some instances) , then you'd be better off getting a Z97 board. They definitely will overclock easily. What I would do is check Newegg.com for your parts, and read reviews. Many times the reviews will have answers to many questions.

Avatar image for insane_metalist
insane_metalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#19 insane_metalist
Member since 2006 • 7797 Posts

@michajc said:

thank you all

im gonna buy the number 1 but with a 4690k so maybe if someday i learn to overclock, i would be able to do it without buying another cpu

now i just need to pick between windows 8.1 vs 7 and msi vs zotac

Overclocking is easy. Just watch a youtube video on 4690K overclocking. Also, MSI is a much better brand then Zotac.