is there any good hockey games for PC?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by maximus_2 (6383 posts) -

is there?? I haven't played any hockey gaems or PC or on consoles there what so ever lol

but I was thinkin trying out a hockey game on PC.. so can you tell me a good game that I can try to play?

#2 Posted by Scooter540 (1000 posts) -
NHL 2002, trust me.
#3 Posted by maximus_2 (6383 posts) -
umm can't you explain why?? and isn't it kind a old game now.. ? how bout gameplay and graphics...?
#4 Posted by grassdream (1902 posts) -

umm can't you explain why?? and isn't it kind a old game now.. ? how bout gameplay and graphics...?maximus_2
If you're looking for something newer, try NHL '06. If not, go with NHL '97

EDIT: A controller is basically a necessity for these games.

#5 Posted by Rattlesnake_8 (18398 posts) -

[QUOTE="maximus_2"]umm can't you explain why?? and isn't it kind a old game now.. ? how bout gameplay and graphics...?grassdream

That doesn't explain why either.. why are you recommending an 11 year old game when they release an updated version every year. Whats so good about NHL 97 that makes it better than the 11 titles since?

#6 Posted by grassdream (1902 posts) -
[QUOTE="grassdream"]

[QUOTE="maximus_2"]umm can't you explain why?? and isn't it kind a old game now.. ? how bout gameplay and graphics...?Rattlesnake_8

That doesn't explain why either.. why are you recommending an 11 year old game when they release an updated version every year. Whats so good about NHL 97 that makes it better than the 11 titles since?

Then go with '06.

#7 Posted by Rattlesnake_8 (18398 posts) -
[QUOTE="Rattlesnake_8"][QUOTE="grassdream"]

[QUOTE="maximus_2"]umm can't you explain why?? and isn't it kind a old game now.. ? how bout gameplay and graphics...?grassdream

Then go with '06.

This is not the THIRD time in this topic.. to please explain why.. instead of just raising your post count, how about actually giving some insightful posts, helping people and posting more than 4 word responses when your not even answering the question. WHY is NHL 97 so great compared to more recent versions? Why go with '06 rather than '07 or '08?

#8 Posted by grassdream (1902 posts) -

This is not the THIRD time in this topic.. to please explain why.. instead of just raising your post count, how about actually giving some insightful posts, helping people and posting more than 4 word responses when your not even answering the question. WHY is NHL 97 so great compared to more recent versions? Why go with '06 rather than '07 or '08?

Rattlesnake_8

I think '97 is funner, just my opinion. '08 and '07 blew were buggy, horrible and didn't add anything substantial. '06 was the last decent release.

#9 Posted by Xavier_12 (824 posts) -

Forget EA`s nonsense. If you are a real fan check out Sports Interactive`s Eastside Hockey Manager 2008. A very legit sim and the best current PC hockey game.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/sports/nhleastsidehockeymanager2007/index.html

#10 Posted by The_PC_Gamer (2910 posts) -

if you dont own any NHL games, get NHL08. (for those that own 07 or 06, dont bother)

IF you want a classic, get NHL 2002

#11 Posted by Chogyam (1862 posts) -

NHL '06. Thats the best one i've played. You'll have to do some modding, and if you're fine with it, do some heavy modding.

I modded the crap outt a 06, and its the best hockey game i've ever played! Sadly my HD crapped out, and i lost it.

Oh, and don't be expecting Next Gen Graphics like the consoles have on '07 or '08 if you decide to grab one of those.

#12 Posted by maximus_2 (6383 posts) -
so.. should i get NHL 08?
#13 Posted by Cledwyn (16 posts) -
Best Hockey game I ever played was Blades of Steel. A PC remake of that game would be fun.