Is there any game like forza on the pc

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by James161324 (8315 posts) -

I really enjoyed the forza series so i was wondering if there was any game similar on pc. Thanks

#2 Posted by Gladestone1 (5520 posts) -

Test drive unlimited 2 is the closest thing right now..Its got a ton of cars..Just bought it others can tell you whats its like more than i can..Havent fired the game up yet..Im to enthralled with two worlds 2 right now and than dragon age 2 after that...I may fire it up today see what its like though..

#3 Posted by adamosmaki (9514 posts) -
race driver grid a bit on the arcade side but not test drive unlimited/need for speed totally arcade Lots of cars to choose as well and is also great on PC ( just like most codies games lately )
#4 Posted by Inconsistancy (8091 posts) -
NSF: Shift
#5 Posted by Elann2008 (32953 posts) -

Test drive unlimited 2 is the closest thing right now..Its got a ton of cars..Just bought it others can tell you whats its like more than i can..Havent fired the game up yet..Im to enthralled with two worlds 2 right now and than dragon age 2 after that...I may fire it up today see what its like though..

Gladestone1
Not sure if serious. I would recommend NFS: Shift.
#6 Posted by James161324 (8315 posts) -

I played the tdu2 beta and i didn't really like it.

I will check out shift and grid.

#7 Posted by quijeros (1728 posts) -

Test drive unlimited 2 is the closest thing right now..Its got a ton of cars..Just bought it others can tell you whats its like more than i can..Havent fired the game up yet..Im to enthralled with two worlds 2 right now and than dragon age 2 after that...I may fire it up today see what its like though..Gladestone1

It's not even close to being like Forza. I actually wish that I hadn't spent money on it.

Unfortunately, there's nothing recent on the PC that comes close to touching the scope of content of the Forza. Grid and Shift are some really good sim racers, though, and are worth looking into with Shift 2 and Grid 2 on the horizon.

#8 Posted by tkuczma5 (2 posts) -

The games on PC are WAY better than forza. Anyone telling you that GRID or NFS is a sim dont know what they are talking about.

You should check out some of these games, Iracing, GTR (1,2, and evolution), Rfactor, Live for speed.

#9 Posted by nameless12345 (15125 posts) -

NFS Shift is the closest you'll get imo.

The games on PC are WAY better than forza. Anyone telling you that GRID or NFS is a sim dont know what they are talking about.

You should check out some of these games, Iracing, GTR (1,2, and evolution), Rfactor, Live for speed.

tkuczma5

You're comparing an arcade sim to pure sims.

#10 Posted by Inconsistancy (8091 posts) -

tkuczma5
Sure is a shame that all the good sims look and sound like garbage..
#11 Posted by tkuczma5 (2 posts) -

Well they may not be flashy, but the way the physics work is second to none :) Also you get a endless stream of cars and tracks with those games which is pretty awsome!

#12 Posted by Inconsistancy (8091 posts) -

Well they may not be flashy, but the way the physics work is second to none :) Also you get a endless stream of cars and tracks with those games which is pretty awsome!

tkuczma5
Too bad I'm spoiled and wont play games that look like garbage... Why can't they work with a normal dev and make a pretty and accurate sim, that'd easily make for the king of racing games...
#13 Posted by F1_2004 (8009 posts) -
I prefer GRID to Forza 3. More variety in the class of vehicle, and I think you get some more tracks. Forza 3 doesn't even have Spa ffs!