Is there a Total War type game for WWII?

#1 Posted by Adorician (8 posts) -

I'm not talking about what Total War has become, I'm talking about the glory days of Rome: Total War (or Medieval 2: Total War).

Specifically, I'm looking for a WWII-setting game that has a mix of both grand strategy and tactics. A cross between Company of Heroes and a much less complex Hearts of Iron 3 with a longer time limit (hate that I only have like 10 years in that game). I would hate to be limited to one theatre, but if I had to pick one, I'd probably pick the European theatre, mainly because I hate working out logistics lol.

Basically, a WWII: Total War. Does such a thing exist? It's ok if it's not the Total War brand. As a matter of fact, the way things are going with that series, it's probably a good thing.

#2 Posted by 04dcarraher (20400 posts) -

You have Company of Heroes 1&2, Faces of War, Men of War,Theatre of War etc

Here is a WW2 Collection on steam for $70 LINK CoH 1 LINK

#3 Edited by Kjranu (1246 posts) -

I don't think there is. Paradox games focus on grand strategy but none of the Total War type battles. Total War combines grand strategy (admittedly on a much smaller scale than Paradox) and real time strategy. Company of Heroes 2 has all of the real time strategy but none of the grand strategy. Your best bet is to buy all of them and satisfy your needs according to your mood. ;)

#4 Posted by Adorician (8 posts) -

Ok, thanks! Will definitely check out the games you guys have suggested.

#5 Posted by uninspiredcup (12309 posts) -

That would be an obvious and boring due to how much world war 2 has been done.

#6 Posted by Englandfc1966 (2206 posts) -

Here's a great mod for Napoleon Total War http://www.moddb.com/mods/world-war-ii-sandstorm-mod

It's set during the African Campaign and you play as British forces against German and Italian.

Since the First World War is vastly more interesting then the Second War, try this http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-great-war-mod (you can play as any of the major combatants, Great Britain, France, Germany, Italy, Austria-Hungary, Russia, ect) <--- One of the best mods I have ever played.

I don't know of any games/mods like you requested but these are the closest.