Is the Titanfall PC community dead?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for xDARKGUITARISTx
xDARKGUITARISTx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1 xDARKGUITARISTx
Member since 2011 • 56 Posts

I'm just curious because I read some stuff on other boards saying nobody plays it on the PC. I have it for Xbox One but several friends are on PC's. I just don't want to drop $60 on a game nobody plays.

blangenakker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 blangenakker
Member since 2006 • 3240 Posts

I would imagine lots of people still play it

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@xDARKGUITARISTx said:

I'm just curious because I read some stuff on other boards saying nobody plays it on the PC. I have it for Xbox One but several friends are on PC's. I just don't want to drop $60 on a game nobody plays.

That other board has no clue what they are saying.

It's packed with players, and I just play on the Australian Server which obviously has less players than the others.

Only time I have a bit of trouble finding a match is if I play at stupid hours, like early work day morning.

dbtbandit67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 dbtbandit67
Member since 2012 • 415 Posts

@xDARKGUITARISTx said:

Yeah, it really should have just been an Xbox One exclusive altogether, like what Halo was for the original Xbox.

kaealy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 kaealy
Member since 2004 • 2179 Posts

There's loads of people that play, I've never had any issues finding games at all hours.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

@FelipeInside said:

@xDARKGUITARISTx said:

It's packed with players, and I just play on the Australian Server which obviously has less players than the others.

Only time I have a bit of trouble finding a match is if I play at stupid hours, like early work day morning.

I couldn't imagine having trouble finding a match at any hour in a brand new FPS. Sounds pathetic really. I hope it's just because you're in Australia.

intotheminx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8 intotheminx
Member since 2014 • 2608 Posts

There are a ton of people playing it. I have no problem whatsoever finding a match.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

@KHAndAnime said:

@FelipeInside said:

@xDARKGUITARISTx said:

I couldn't imagine having trouble finding a match at any hour in a brand new FPS. Sounds pathetic really. I hope it's just because you're in Australia.

Yeah at odd hours it's hard to find matches sometimes (I'm also from Australia). I do play it on the Xbox1 though if that means anything.

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#10  Edited By remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

I haven't played in 2 days, but I never have any trouble finding a match on PC. I find them rather quickly.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

this "other board" isn't the xbox360/xboxone board by any chance is it ?

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 FelipeInside

@KHAndAnime said:

@FelipeInside said:

@xDARKGUITARISTx said:

Well, since it's a MULTIPLAYER game, it means you need other players to play with... and normal people work, sleep, eat so if I try to play early in the morning when everyone is going to work, it's going to be harder to find players then in the evening when everyone is online.

It has to be noted that Titanfall uses Microsoft's Dedicated Azure Servers, so I always connect to the Australian one, therefore it won't look for worldwide players unless I manually change servers. Which I don't or else my ping is 100+.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

@FelipeInside said:

Well, since it's a MULTIPLAYER game, it means you need other players to play with... and normal people work, sleep, eat so if I try to play early in the morning when everyone is going to work, it's going to be harder to find players then in the evening when everyone is online.

It has to be noted that Titanfall uses Microsoft's Dedicated Azure Servers, so I always connect to the Australian one, therefore it won't look for worldwide players unless I manually change servers. Which I don't or else my ping is 100+.

Living in the US, I can find low ping matches in just about any game, even older games, at any time of day. If I wanted to find a playable match of SWAT 4 at 3:00 AM on a Wednesday, I'd have no issues doing so. Couldn't imagine having to deal with otherwise :P

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14  Edited By JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

The game is extremely popular

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#15  Edited By kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

There seems to be a good amount of people online for PC and Xbox one

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By FelipeInside

@KHAndAnime said:

@FelipeInside said:

Living in the US, I can find low ping matches in just about any game, even older games, at any time of day. If I wanted to find a playable match of SWAT 4 at 3:00 AM on a Wednesday, I'd have no issues doing so. Couldn't imagine having to deal with otherwise :P

Well, you're comparing a country which has about 320 million people to another with 20 million, so obviously there are going to be more players available in the US. On top of that, the Australian server is mostly used by Australian and New Zealand players, while the US Servers are also used by Canada, Mexico and parts of South America, so even more players available there.

Avatar image for insane_metalist
insane_metalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#17 insane_metalist
Member since 2006 • 7797 Posts

There are tons of people playing on PC. I've never had a problem finding matches.

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts

You guys that never have a problem finding matches are talking about attrition or hardpoint right?

The other modes are significantly less popular.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 FelipeInside

@nutcrackr said:

You guys that never have a problem finding matches are talking about attrition or hardpoint right?

The other modes are significantly less popular.

I mostly play Domination (Hardpoint) on FPS games online, it's my favourite mode and very popular so easy to find matches.

I sometimes also play CTF.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46255 Posts

Loads of people still play it.

But the last patch messed things up (connection errors, longer load/connection times) and they still haven't addressed the framedrops on Lagoon and Colony so I'm going to stop playing for a while until they finally fix things.