Is it worth it to buy Batman: Arkham Knight Season Pass

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for the_master_race
the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By the_master_race
Member since 2015 • 5226 Posts

so here's the Season Pass content , it's kewl but I'm not stupid enough to burn 32$ over a DLC thing .... I w8 for GOTY edition .... you can read the full story here

Batgirl: A Matter of Family

An all new prequel story expansion in an entirely new location where you play as Batgirl for the very first time in the Arkham series - check out the first render of Batgirl.

The Season of Infamy

Play as Batman in all new story missions featuring legendary super-villains invading Gotham City, with new story arcs, missions and gameplay features.

Gotham City Stories

Play as Batman’s key allies in narrative missions extending their storylines, from both before and after the events in Batman: Arkham Knight.

Legendary Batmobiles with Themed Tracks

Drive the most iconic Batmobiles from Batman’s 75-year history, on custom-built race tracks, each themed to that Batmobile’s specific era. Every Batmobile will be drivable across every race track.

Crimefighter Challenge Maps

Engage in a series of new challenge maps utilizing the unique play styles of Batman and his allies.

Character Skins

A variety of skins from across the eras for Batman, Robin, Nightwing and Catwoman. As we fully ramp up development on the Season Pass, we will be sharing even more details on each monthly content drop. We hope you enjoy playing Batman: Arkham Knight as much as we’ve enjoyed making it."

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

You said it yourself - it's probably not worth it. Something like a coop-mode DLC would be worth it and more tempting. Unfortunately DLC content usually plays like a rerun of the game but with whatever small added twist. Like, in Arkham City's case - every single Catwomen mission was throw-away and pretty much added zero value to the game for me. Most of the time I have a hard time just beating the SP content that comes with the games.

Alucrd2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 Alucrd2009
Member since 2007 • 787 Posts

definitely no .

demi0227_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 demi0227_basic
Member since 2002 • 1940 Posts

Yes. You should buy it right now. That's my advice.

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#5 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts

You cannot possibly know without more details on the missions, specifically the length and quality.

digitm64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By digitm64
Member since 2013 • 470 Posts

@nutcrackr said:

You cannot possibly know without more details on the missions, specifically the length and quality.

I don't know why companies cannot just reveal the truth and say approx length of a DLC. Wticher 3 had no probs explaining the expansions will be approx 30 hours in length. It just says to me that WB has something to hide, and the DLC isn't worth it. If it was worth it they would mention the length without hesitation.

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#7  Edited By biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts

Yesterday I was thinking about this DLC long into the night! What a shame they couldn't just include all this content in the game and sell it as one almighty package.

This isn't a new IP like Evolve or something where they're trying to minimise the possibility of the game failing financially. There's no risk about this because people are going to buy it in droves.

Arkham City was a record breaking game in sales. It would have been nice if they rewarded the fans with a value deal.

It also saddens me to see a company like Rocksteady, who started as a breath of fresh air, to be pulled into the black hole of gaming.

GoodKingMog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 GoodKingMog
Member since 2015 • 167 Posts

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck no.

Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts

LOL.. no.. never had... and never will.

demi0227_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 demi0227_basic

In fact, I think you should buy all the dlc 2 times, just so the devs can make more games!

digitm64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 5

#11 digitm64
Member since 2013 • 470 Posts

@demi0227_basic said:

In fact, I think you should buy all the dlc 2 times, just so the devs can make more games!

And I think they should have a subscription model in place as well. Plus you have to provide credit card details to them so each time you start the game a small fee gets deducted from your card. Want to proceed to mission 2 in the main story....credit card required. Mission 3...CC required and so forth.

demi0227_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 demi0227_basic

@digitm64 said:
@demi0227_basic said:

And I think they should have a subscription model in place as well. Plus you have to provide credit card details to them so each time you start the game a small fee gets deducted from your card. Want to proceed to mission 2 in the main story....credit card required. Mission 3...CC required and so forth.

Dude, those are great ideas! We really need to help the poor devs who don't make any money! Without our help, these devs would have to make full, complete games! But with our powers combined, we can show them how to nickel and dime us to death. I think Devs should take the money straight out of my bank acount.

psx_warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#13 psx_warrior
Member since 2006 • 1757 Posts

@demi0227_basic said:
@digitm64 said:
@demi0227_basic said:

Dude, those are great ideas! We really need to help the poor devs who don't make any money! Without our help, these devs would have to make full, complete games! But with our powers combined, we can show them how to nickel and dime us to death. I think Devs should take the money straight out of my bank acount.

Man, screw that! We should just have our pay checks routed straight to their bank accounts so that every time we get paid, the money automatically goes to them. We don't have to take any action other than to slave away and put up with all sort of crap at work so the devs can enjoy the fruits of our labors.

Dark_sageX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 236

#14 Dark_sageX
Member since 2003 • 3561 Posts

No season pass is ever worth purchasing, you essentially don't know what you are paying for.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

... It is silly to decide whether it is worth it or not when the game it self and some of the dlc hasn't even released yet.. That is why I shake my head at the people condemning this dlc but raving about and buying the season pass to Witcher 3.. You literally have no idea how much content your getting or how good said content is in actuality.. All you have been getting is a steady feed of promotion by the publisher who want their products to look as good as possible.

bonafidetk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By bonafidetk
Member since 2004 • 3911 Posts

I'm not a gamer than needs to play games at release date and to be honest, season passes often make me wait for a steam sale of the GOTY edition. Announcing season passes 6 months before a game is released just seems sour to me although now it has become the norm.