Is it worth investing in a audio headset for gaming?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by JoleenTheGreat (2 posts) -
I'm thinking of getting a new headset for gaming. What brands do you guys recommend? I want to get something affordable and good to help in my gaming. I have friends using Razer and Steel Series, but have no idea what the difference are. http://tpsurvey.morvensolutions.com/index.php/survey/index/sid/477429/lang/en
#2 Posted by Socijalisticka (1554 posts) -

Get some headphones and a mike.

#3 Posted by Mozelleple112 (6701 posts) -

No its not. It is worth investing in a good pair of headphones and getting a seperate mic. This option is CHEAPER and provides better QUALITY.

#4 Posted by Byshop (12617 posts) -

Sticky thread...

-Byshop

#5 Posted by -Unreal- (24551 posts) -

There's a bunch of good headsets out there. You don't need to go with headphones and a mic to get decent or good sound quality on both input and output.

#6 Posted by Mozelleple112 (6701 posts) -

There's a bunch of good headsets out there. You don't need to go with headphones and a mic to get decent or good sound quality on both input and output.

-Unreal-
Wrong, all of them are either junk OR overpriced. Some are both.
#7 Posted by Heirren (18803 posts) -
Your going to get mixed responses. A good pair of headphones really works in stages. You can buy something in the $100-$150 price range and get away without using an amp, but after that the benefit of most higher end headphones require an amp. What is you budget?
#8 Posted by glez13 (9016 posts) -

Honestly I prefer buying them separately. The mic, something with decent input so I can use it with the surround sound setup without being worried that no one will understand what I'm saying from all the noise coming from the speakers. Most of the mic from proclaimed gaming headsets even some expensive ones aren't that good and will easily create an unwanted level of noise from the ambient sounds. Then when it's night or any other situation were I don't want to bother others I use headphones.

#9 Posted by Riadon2 (1598 posts) -

Headphones

Mic

Soundcard

Headset = Bad

#10 Posted by mark552495786 (69 posts) -
choose the best head phones and a mike then they really helps you in gaming
#11 Posted by _SKatEDiRt_ (2621 posts) -

Headphones

Mic

Soundcard

Headset = Bad

Riadon2

I might get that thanks for the selection.