This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by HyperWarlock (3261 posts) -

Basicly I got Far Cry 3 but my disc drive stopped working, so I was thinking about downloading a torrent of the game and using my activation code I got with the game, so my question is, is that legal?

#2 Posted by -Unreal- (24544 posts) -

Basicly yes.

#3 Posted by G-Lord (2134 posts) -

Basicly I got Far Cry 3 but my disc drive stopped working, so I was thinking about downloading a torrent of the game and using my activation code I got with the game, so my question is, is that legal?

HyperWarlock

You have to register the game to your UPlay account, so you can easily download it in the UPlay launcher.

#4 Posted by DanielDust (15402 posts) -
Wasn't it added to your Uplay account? I'm not sure if this also works like that, but I've all my AC games available for download on Uplay, some other games aren't added tho, but those are a little older Uplay titles.
#5 Posted by HyperWarlock (3261 posts) -

I bought the retail version and I can't seem to find a way to use the code to just download it from uplay, so the only option was the discs I have with the game, but typically my dvd drive stopped working.

#6 Posted by DanielDust (15402 posts) -

For them to tie to your account you need to first install and activate the games on Uplay, if you weren't able to install it even once, then you won't be able to add it.

#7 Posted by flipin_jackass (9726 posts) -

Okie, I just sent you a message with the Digital River download manager link for Far Cry 3. Fingers crossed that would work for you. I'd post it here, but from my understanding those have download limits.

#8 Posted by XaosII (16611 posts) -

No, it's not legal. But the company isn't going to care as long as you bought a legitimate copy and only one person is using it.