Is Ebay trustworthy?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Naked-Snake (368 posts) -

theres a guy selling a Nvidia 9800Gt for $60. He has a 100% positive feedback with 277 votes.. still seems kind of sketchy though, this is my first time buying from ebay. Does this sound real?

#2 Posted by gmaster456 (7561 posts) -

theres a guy selling a Nvidia 9800Gt for $60. He has a 100% positive feedback with 277 votes.. still seems kind of sketchy though, this is my first time buying from ebay. Does this sound real?

Naked-Snake

I buy a lot from ebay and if he has 100% positive from 277 it sounds legit

#3 Posted by Bikouchu35 (7619 posts) -

Yip should be good. Even though some of the highly rated users there can sell counterfeit/fake stuff sometimes just to put it out there, but they cant fake a videocard now can they so it seems 100% good to me.

#4 Posted by Matrix (1455 posts) -
Just make sure you pay using Paypal. If anyone screws you on eBay, just file a complaint and Paypal takes care of it. They have great customer service too. I've filed probably 3 complaints in the past 2 years and they took care of me.
#5 Posted by xXDrPainXx (4001 posts) -
eBay usually is a good place to get video cards on the cheap because people buy a new one and just want to get rid of it. I mainly buy most of mine from users on eBay to save some cash even though it might be a generation old.
#6 Posted by Naked-Snake (368 posts) -

thanks for your help. im buying

#7 Posted by Silicel1 (2342 posts) -

I consider anything above 50 feedback and above 95% is legit, buy with confidence and as stated above use paypal only. Happy bidding! ::))

#8 Posted by AutoPilotOn (8581 posts) -
I goto the buy/sell forums of hardocp to buy stuff. The people their are crazy pc upgraders and sell their "old" stuff for decent prices.
#9 Posted by Daytona_178 (14962 posts) -

Use paypal, they are great at getting your money back if the ebay user screws you over form MY experiance.

#10 Posted by markop2003 (29917 posts) -
Ebay does not sell anything they just offer a portal, therefore it vis irrelevent whther ebay is trustworthy. He sounds ok to me but you can never be sure, just make sure you pay through paypal
#11 Posted by JohnF111 (14107 posts) -
Yes sounds fine, i buy quite a lot and never an issue, never buy anything that requires the word "Genuine or legitimate" to be in the name... Especially memory cards my dad bought one and it didnt work and he said "but but but he said it was genuine!"... bit of a clue i said to him...