Iomega 250 External HDD problem

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Zaibach (13444 posts) -

Hey gang,

I need your help or expertise.

All of a sudden my 250 gig Iomega external hard drive with all my music and back up files wont load on my ps3 anymore or on my Laptop.

When I press triange and select 'display all' the folder loads and then collapses and the USB device dissapears.

Until this morning it was working on my Laptop but now, I get a message saying Thhe USB device was not recognised.

Would greatly appreciate any help you can give, to get my all my data back.

Thanks

#2 Posted by Avenger1324 (16344 posts) -
As a last resort you can take the enclosure apart and connect the harddrive directly to your PC as another internal drive, but depending on the design of the enclosure it may be destructive if it was not designed with this in mind. I'd probably hold off from doing that until some others have posted as there may be software tools designed for data recovery that could atleast get it to the point where you can copy data off it without taking it apart.
#3 Posted by Zaibach (13444 posts) -

As a last resort you can take the enclosure apart and connect the harddrive directly to your PC as another internal drive, but depending on the design of the enclosure it may be destructive if it was not designed with this in mind. I'd probably hold off from doing that until some others have posted as there may be software tools designed for data recovery that could atleast get it to the point where you can copy data off it without taking it apart.Avenger1324

Could be a long wait, but thanks for the effort :)