Intel HD Graphics 4000 - Finally, Intel's got game!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by The_Capitalist (10838 posts) -

Got my new Thinkpad T430s in the mail a few days ago, and just installed Battlefield 3 onto it.

At 1280x720, at the lowest possible settings, I'm getting 25-35 FPS on a very hectic game of Caspian Border with 47 other people.

This Intel HD Graphics 4000 is some powerful stuff, especially from a company whose integrated graphics chipsets have always sucked. Can't wait to see what Haswell is capable of. Intel has made entry-level discrete graphics obsolete.

#2 Posted by ronvalencia (15109 posts) -
[QUOTE="The_Capitalist"]

Got my new Thinkpad T430s in the mail a few days ago, and just installed Battlefield 3 onto it.

At 1280x720, at the lowest possible settings, I'm getting 25-35 FPS on a very hectic game of Caspian Border with 47 other people.

This Intel HD Graphics 4000 is some powerful stuff, especially from a company whose integrated graphics chipsets have always sucked. Can't wait to see what Haswell is capable of. Intel has made entry-level discrete graphics obsolete.

AMD Trinity vs Intel Ivy Bridge - Dirt ShowdowN
#3 Posted by GummiRaccoon (13593 posts) -

The_Capitalist

The ponies broke your brain

also

>thinkpad

>2012

>ishygddt

#4 Posted by C_Rule (9739 posts) -

[QUOTE="The_Capitalist"]

GummiRaccoon

also

>thinkpad

>2012

>ishygddt

What's wrong with Thinkpads?
#5 Posted by jakes456 (1437 posts) -

AMD has better integrated for laptops that is it.

#6 Posted by GummiRaccoon (13593 posts) -

[QUOTE="GummiRaccoon"]

[QUOTE="The_Capitalist"]

C_Rule

also

>thinkpad

>2012

>ishygddt

What's wrong with Thinkpads?

The original IBM thinkpads were the good ones, the current thinkpads are hipster trash cashing in on the obscure good brand name.

#7 Posted by marcthpro (7927 posts) -

lol i love how those are like 1000$ laptop and not even capable of match budget gaming laptop like (i5 2410M) and GT 540M I saw what rumour price of a Super low End Trinity With the graphic like you sholw DIrt Showdown and it likely 879.99$ + Shipping but can it beat GT 540M ?

On the other end : The topic Creator if he wanted a gaming laptop he should went with a Laptop with a dedicated gpu like GT 630M or GT 555M for the price he paid hell lenovo ad a Deal you could for 850$-1000$ after shipping get a i7 Ivy Bridge + GT 660M : I hope ur laptop didn't cost more then 700$ if ur mind was gaming

http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/controller/e/webca/LenovoPortal/en_CA/catalog.workflow:item.detail?GroupID=458&Code=209937U&category-id=FD2E87DA2C36F27C12CC7CD3494BC0ED

#8 Posted by Guppy507 (17395 posts) -

I got a Lenovo U310 in the mail today, and the HD 4000 is good for Diablo 3 on the lowest settings at 1280x720. But I have the ULV processor, so I bet the full powered one is pretty good.

The original IBM thinkpads were the good ones, the current thinkpads are hipster trash cashing in on the obscure good brand name.

GummiRaccoon

No they're not. Also the word "hipster" has lost all meaning because mindless internet drones like yourself keep using it with no particular definition in mind. Just so you know.

#9 Posted by wis3boi (31009 posts) -

[QUOTE="The_Capitalist"]

GummiRaccoon

also

>thinkpad

>2012

>ishygddt

+1

#10 Posted by bigfoot2045 (773 posts) -

Thinkpads are some of the best laptops money can buy. They have excellent build quality. You're paying for something that's going to last for 5+ years and not fall apart like consumer grade trash. Specs don't matter that much with laptops. Build quality matters. If you want to play games, get a desktop.

#11 Posted by GummiRaccoon (13593 posts) -

I got a Lenovo U310 in the mail today, and the HD 4000 is good for Diablo 3 on the lowest settings at 1280x720. But I have the ULV processor, so I bet the full powered one is pretty good.[QUOTE="GummiRaccoon"]

Guppy507

No they're not. Also the word "hipster" has lost all meaning because mindless internet drones like yourself keep using it with no particular definition in mind. Just so you know.

Hipster detected

#12 Posted by MK-Professor (3671 posts) -

WellI wouldn't say powerful stuff lol, but at least perform a little better than consoles.

#13 Posted by gmaster456 (7561 posts) -

I fail to see how a 2K, tank like workstation notebook is "hipster trash".

#14 Posted by The_Capitalist (10838 posts) -

1. I'm aware that Trinity is better - but Trinity laptops are complete crap right now. Really, 1366x768 on 15-inch notebooks? There are no good designs from anyone at the moment.

2. Intel has finally broken the barrier of playability in mainstream games. The old HD 3000 could not play BF3 at a decent clip.

3. Haswell will be on par with AMD's next generation offerings. Intel has quite a bit of engineering talent, so it's only a matter of time.

4. I didn't want a gaming laptop. I just wanted a basic laptop with good build quality that can game in a pinch if I wanted it to.

#15 Posted by Guppy507 (17395 posts) -

[QUOTE="Guppy507"]

I got a Lenovo U310 in the mail today, and the HD 4000 is good for Diablo 3 on the lowest settings at 1280x720. But I have the ULV processor, so I bet the full powered one is pretty good.[QUOTE="GummiRaccoon"]

GummiRaccoon

Hipster detected

By hipster, you mean "person who's tastes or appearance are different from what I perceive as normal"? Because nothing about a Thinkpad even come close to that definition. As I said, idiots tossing the word around on forums like what happened here has lead me to believe that no one even knows what it means.
#16 Posted by GummiRaccoon (13593 posts) -

[QUOTE="GummiRaccoon"]

[QUOTE="Guppy507"]No they're not. Also the word "hipster" has lost all meaning because mindless internet drones like yourself keep using it with no particular definition in mind. Just so you know.

Guppy507

Hipster detected

By hipster, you mean "person who's tastes or appearance are different from what I perceive as normal"? Because nothing about a Thinkpad even come close to that definition. As I said, idiots tossing the word around on forums like what happened here has lead me to believe that no one even knows what it means.

"I AM NO HIPSTER!"

>procedes to say hipster things

#17 Posted by ronvalencia (15109 posts) -

1. I'm aware that Trinity is better - but Trinity laptops are complete crap right now. Really, 1366x768 on 15-inch notebooks? There are no good designs from anyone at the moment.

2. Intel has finally broken the barrier of playability in mainstream games. The old HD 3000 could not play BF3 at a decent clip.

3. Haswell will be on par with AMD's next generation offerings. Intel has quite a bit of engineering talent, so it's only a matter of time.

4. I didn't want a gaming laptop. I just wanted a basic laptop with good build quality that can game in a pinch if I wanted it to.

The_Capitalist

I don't think 3X Ivybridge IGP will be matching AMD Kaveri APU's Radeon HD 7750 @ 900Mhz

44728.png

arkhamcity_1680_1050.gif

#18 Posted by The_Capitalist (10838 posts) -

Again, I know Trinity is better.

But, have you seen an actual Trinity laptop? They are crap aside from the AMD chip inside.

#19 Posted by bigfoot2045 (773 posts) -

Macbooks are for hipsters.

Thinkpads are for people who want a sturdy notebook that can take some abuse. Traveling business people for instance.

#20 Posted by GummiRaccoon (13593 posts) -

Thinkpads are for people who want a sturdy notebook that can take some abuse. Traveling business people for instance.

bigfoot2045

macbooks can't be for hipster because that is what everyone has.

#21 Posted by GummiRaccoon (13593 posts) -

But, have you seen an actual Trinity laptop? They are crap aside from the AMD chip inside.

The_Capitalist

how do I sleekbook/ultrabook

#22 Posted by bigfoot2045 (773 posts) -

[QUOTE="bigfoot2045"]

GummiRaccoon

How do you figure? Windows PCs comprise 90% of the computer market.

#23 Posted by GummiRaccoon (13593 posts) -

[QUOTE="GummiRaccoon"]

[QUOTE="bigfoot2045"]

bigfoot2045

WHERE HAVE BEEN CHILD

#24 Posted by bigfoot2045 (773 posts) -

[QUOTE="bigfoot2045"]

[QUOTE="GummiRaccoon"]

GummiRaccoon

WHERE HAVE BEEN CHILD

Living in the real world, where Apple has between 5 and 10 percent market share.

chart-of-the-day-operating-system-share-

Chart is a bit old. Windows 7 has been overtaking pretty much everything.

#25 Posted by GummiRaccoon (13593 posts) -

[QUOTE="GummiRaccoon"]

[QUOTE="bigfoot2045"]

bigfoot2045

In the real world, where Apple has variably between 5 and 10 percent market share.

WHERE HAVE BEEN CHILD

OF LAPTOP NAY SIR

#26 Posted by The_Capitalist (10838 posts) -

[QUOTE="The_Capitalist"]

GummiRaccoon

The HP Sleekbook you speak of has a crappy 1366x768 TN panel for a 15.6 inch screen. Yeah, the AMD chip is amazing. The price is solid. But everything else is crap.

#27 Posted by bigfoot2045 (773 posts) -

Despite what the news media and Hollywood might have led you to believe, no one in the real world uses Macs. The only people I see using them are hipsters in coffee shops.

#28 Posted by GummiRaccoon (13593 posts) -

[QUOTE="GummiRaccoon"]

[QUOTE="The_Capitalist"]

The_Capitalist

The HP Sleekbook you speak of has a crappy 1366x768 TN panel for a 15.6 inch screen. Yeah, the AMD chip is amazing. The price is solid. But everything else is crap.

What is upgrading the screen

#29 Posted by GummiRaccoon (13593 posts) -

Despite what the news media and Hollywood might have led you to believe, no one in the real world uses Macs. The only people I see using them are hipsters in coffee shops.

bigfoot2045

redneck trucker detected

#30 Posted by marcthpro (7927 posts) -

i know few people with mac but i hate mac limit of hardware power per $ there new retina laptop look awesome but eventually intel will implement that tech to all laptop not just apple it like yeah it nice aluminum cold laptop with a OS Different then other with lot of game not working propely or will lag when you spend 3x less for more power from any laptop but so far from what i know there laptop reliable : quality but cost an arm and leg :)

Re-edit after Advanced Reserach (since there no way to tell it find me Trinity instead of Liano) on newegg i found like 5 laptop
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834215419

maybe there resarch engine or the fact they don't have all the lappy with Trinity out there but there just Acer & HP so far that have them with the 7(Series) Integrated GPU : I don't know if there will soon be model with discret gpu that bring +50-400% more power then APU only for gaming at beyond 1366x780

#31 Posted by ronvalencia (15109 posts) -

[QUOTE="GummiRaccoon"]

[QUOTE="The_Capitalist"]

The_Capitalist

Depending on ThinkPad T430 model, some has 768p panel or 900p panel.

#32 Posted by marcthpro (7927 posts) -

the Lenovo gaming series also as 2-3 panel some is 1366x780 some is 1920x1080 thinkpad are not design for gaming there design for office if i recall and is often a bit overpriced and from what i see no number key pad make it less macro friendly for RPG & MMO & RTS :(

#33 Posted by The_Capitalist (10838 posts) -

[QUOTE="The_Capitalist"]

[QUOTE="GummiRaccoon"]

ronvalencia

Depending on ThinkPad T430 model, some has 768p panel or 900p panel.

I've got mine with the 900p panel. It's not great by any means, but some calibrating helps.

#34 Posted by hartsickdiscipl (14787 posts) -

I fail to see how a 2K, tank like workstation notebook is "hipster trash".

gmaster456

In the same way that a 2k Apple notebook is hipster trash.