installed new asus motherboard now keeps telling me this?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

awax187187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 awax187187
Member since 2005 • 277 Posts

Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected

So every time I start my pc up I have to press f8 and select my hard drive all the time?

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127492 Posts

Yes unless you save your settings when you have changed which device it should boot from. I think F10 is saving.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
Member since 2010 • 4675 Posts

you need to set a correct boot device priority, and set your hdd as first. your issue sounds weird, though, since hdd should always be automatically on the list, even if it's not first.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 horgen  Moderator

@groowagon said:

you need to set a correct boot device priority, and set your hdd as first. your issue sounds weird, though, since hdd should always be automatically on the list, even if it's not first.

I had the issue that it would list both my SDD and HDD under the HDD option, and the HDD was chosen over the SSD... Somehow leading to it never booting up before I had corrected it. I am sure TC has the same problem.. We are both using Asus mobos...

Avatar image for deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5  Edited By deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
Member since 2010 • 4675 Posts

@horgen said:

@groowagon said:

I had the issue that it would list both my SDD and HDD under the HDD option, and the HDD was chosen over the SSD... Somehow leading to it never booting up before I had corrected it. I am sure TC has the same problem.. We are both using Asus mobos...

so it basicly reseted your boot priority every time? strange.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 horgen  Moderator

@groowagon said:

@horgen said:

@groowagon said:

so it basicly reseted your boot priority every time? strange.

Not reset, just something odd in the listing. At least I had no trouble with after I chose "save and exit" when exiting bios menu.

darkmark91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 darkmark91
Member since 2006 • 3047 Posts

Did you drop the hard drive while performing the surgery?

Gammit10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 119

User Lists: 2

#8 Gammit10
Member since 2004 • 2397 Posts

Same thing happened to me. Just set the proper HD as first in your boot order and SAVE.