Injustice: Gods Among Us now on Steam for pre-order

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by madrocketeer (2612 posts) -

Here.

Anyone else interested? I know I kinda am, but still a little on the fence. What do you think?

#2 Edited by Doom_HellKnight (12184 posts) -

Although I don't really like fighting games (MK is the only series I play), it's one of my favourites, but that possibly stems from my love of the universe. It plays great though. So I think it's worth a purchase, or at least some consideration.

#3 Edited by Arthas045 (5047 posts) -

This is a great game.... On a side note I am thinking of picking of KoF13 today on Steam Sale.... I have never played a KoF game, but always willing to try.

#4 Posted by madrocketeer (2612 posts) -

Although I don't really like fighting games (MK is the only series I play), it's one of my favourites, but that possibly stems from my love of the universe. It plays great though. So I think it's worth a purchase, or at least some consideration.

Yeah, the universe's appeal is a plus, though it looks like this game is one of those "ensemble cast" games, which makes me a bit hesitant. To summarize, I find DC's characters to be generally interesting individually, but boring together, and I find their villains to be better than their heroes. (On a side note, I find Marvel to be the exact opposite)

This is a great game.... On a side note I am thinking of picking of KoF13 today on Steam Sale.... I have never played a KoF game, but always willing to try.

Yeah, I saw that around, but decided to hold off until I see some reviews. Now that PC Gamer have given a 62, I'm even more hesitant.

#5 Edited by Doom_HellKnight (12184 posts) -

@madrocketeer:

@madrocketeer said:

Yeah, the universe's appeal is a plus, though it looks like this game is one of those "ensemble cast" games, which makes me a bit hesitant. To summarize, I find DC's characters to be generally interesting individually, but boring together, and I find their villains to be better than their heroes. (On a side note, I find Marvel to be the exact opposite)

That's the case to an extent. Although a lot of the characters (Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Lex Luthor, The Joker etc.) are there and play big parts in the story, some of them are there purely to make up the numbers, although that can't be helped in a fighting game with a roster as large as that of Injustice. Plus, as a fighting game, I think it's good to have more options, and it's good to see many of the heroes get at least one of their villains (The game clearly favours Batman in this regard however), but a lot of characters don't really serve much of a purpose in the main story outside of saying "Hey, this character exists and sided with Superman/Batman!" and giving you characters to fight.