Increasing Clock Speed

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by mrbaddness (6 posts) -
I was wondering how much I should increase the gpu and memory clock speed at a time. And do I increase the shader in the same amount as I do the other two
#2 Posted by _SKatEDiRt_ (2581 posts) -
Usually I do. CPU fsb by 1mhz and gpu clocks 5 at a time
#3 Posted by Bikouchu35 (7412 posts) -

Depends on what hardware you have? 15-20% core for gpu, memory clock on gpu doesnt yield much for me, and 4.0ghz sandy/ivybridge are a good place to start.

Then some intel burn test to stress cpu and games for gpu. I dont really touch memory speeds or timing either.

#4 Posted by JigglyWiggly_ (23553 posts) -
Just look at what clocks other people have done with your hardware and try and see if it works for you.
#5 Posted by Elann2008 (32988 posts) -

Just look at what clocks other people have done with your hardware and try and see if it works for you.JigglyWiggly_
This. That's what I did.. and they worked great with my GTX 580. Normally, if you crash in a game or don't pass burn-in test, you just need to increase the voltage by one increment.

#6 Posted by Klunt_Bumskrint (3905 posts) -
I was wondering how much I should increase the gpu and memory clock speed at a time. And do I increase the shader in the same amount as I do the other twomrbaddness
Specs?
#7 Posted by mrbaddness (6 posts) -
I have a nvidia GT520 not the best but I need to overclock till I get something better. I'm playing mass effect 3 and it works great when I overclock alittle. Wondering how far I should go?
#8 Posted by Klunt_Bumskrint (3905 posts) -
I'm quite shocked that you overclocked it.....and it helped. Definitely not a card for gaming.
#9 Posted by _SKatEDiRt_ (2581 posts) -
I have a nvidia GT520 not the best but I need to overclock till I get something better. I'm playing mass effect 3 and it works great when I overclock alittle. Wondering how far I should go?mrbaddness
you go guuurl!!!! Just watch out for artifacts and temps
#10 Posted by mrbaddness (6 posts) -
What card do you suggest?
#11 Posted by Daanyal (773 posts) -

What card do you suggest?mrbaddness

Budget?

#12 Posted by mrbaddness (6 posts) -
around $100 or so
#13 Posted by ShadowDeathX (10657 posts) -

around $100 or somrbaddness
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202011

or you can find a 6850 around that price too. If you look hard enough.