Improving my rig performance

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by danxxx (674 posts) -

Hello guys, i wanted to know how to get more of my rig i dont want to spend alot of money because i dont think my pc is that bad yet and i game at 1080p 60hz, my specs are these:

GPU: gtx 670 FTW

CPU: i5-2500k (stock cooler)

8 gb ram

620w saphire PSU

board: p8z68 v-lx asus

The thing is my board doesnt support SLI so that is out of question also i dont think my psu support it either, would a better cpu cooler improve that much of performance? or what else can i do, remember i dont want to spend that much so a new GPU like 780 is out of question also i live in Colombia and the prices here are insane, thanks in advice

PD: I know my english sucks i tried my best.

#2 Posted by MonsieurX (29279 posts) -

Not much thing to do

#3 Edited by PredatorRules (7266 posts) -
#4 Edited by danxxx (674 posts) -

i picked nvidia because its support crossfire but not at 16x the other card will just work at 4x.

#5 Posted by 04dcarraher (19171 posts) -

Just overclock that cpu, dont need to spend money on pointless upgrades.

#6 Edited by Klunt_Bumskrint (3559 posts) -

@danxxx said:

i picked nvidia because its support crossfire but not at 16x the other card will just work at 4x.

That sentence doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

#7 Edited by JigglyWiggly_ (23429 posts) -

He picked that motherboard because it has two pci express slots, but didn't realize SLI required x8 x8

#8 Edited by PredatorRules (7266 posts) -

He picked that motherboard because it has two pci express slots, but didn't realize SLI required x8 x8

He cannot use SLI at if I'm right; you see on rampage it says "

Supports NVIDIA® 4-Way SLI™ Technology

Supports AMD 4-Way CrossFireX Technology

Not on his mobo, no SLI support; So basically not knowing such things might suck, sadly =(

#9 Posted by danxxx (674 posts) -

that's what i thought i will do that then, thanks!

#10 Edited by PredatorRules (7266 posts) -

@danxxx said:

@04dcarraher said:

Don't overclock it with stock fan; any cheap fan will do more than the stock one; As I've recommended the Evo 212 is the cheapest with good price/performance ratio; If you don't have it in your country, I can recommend you something else.

#11 Edited by 04dcarraher (19171 posts) -

@danxxx said:

@04dcarraher said:

Don't overclock it with stock fan; any cheap fan will do more than the stock one; As I've recommended the Evo 212 is the cheapest with good price/performance ratio; If you don't have it in your country, I can recommend you something else.

yep, grab a aftermarket cooler. plenty of options depending on case limits.

#12 Edited by danxxx (674 posts) -

@PredatorRules said:

@danxxx said:

@04dcarraher said:

i have this case: http://www.thermaltake.com/products-model.aspx?id=c_00001637

can you guys recommend me one for this case? please nothing fancy remember everything is more expensive over here i cant afford watercooling just need a good aftermarket cooler that works well on this case, thanks!

#13 Edited by PredatorRules (7266 posts) -

@danxxx said:

@04dcarraher said:

@PredatorRules said:

@danxxx said:

@04dcarraher said:

i have this case: http://www.thermaltake.com/products-model.aspx?id=c_00001637

can you guys recommend me one for this case? please nothing fancy remember everything is more expensive over here i cant afford watercooling just need a good aftermarket cooler that works well on this case, thanks!

Already told you Cooler Master Hyper EVO 212 http://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master-Hyper-212-RR-212E-20PK-R2/dp/B005O65JXI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1387561877&sr=8-1&keywords=evo+212

#14 Edited by danxxx (674 posts) -

yeah i saw it just wanted to be sure if it fits on my case thats all, i found it here for about 50 dollars, last question do i have to remove the motherboard and everything to install the cooler? thanks for the help Predator btw.

#15 Posted by 04dcarraher (19171 posts) -

Your V6 will fit the Hyper 212.

#16 Posted by airshocker (28865 posts) -

Buy a Corsair watercooler and overclock the 2500k. Mine is running at 4.6ghz with a Corsair H60.

#17 Posted by PredatorRules (7266 posts) -

@danxxx said:

yeah i saw it just wanted to be sure if it fits on my case thats all, i found it here for about 50 dollars, last question do i have to remove the motherboard and everything to install the cooler? thanks for the help Predator btw.

if the Evo at your location is for 50$ how much for the Noctua U12P?

Yes it will fit, a friend of mine got same case and has installed Noctua D14 inside which is HUGE.

No, you don't have to remove anything, well maybe disconnect few wires before installing; you might need to open the other side of the case to install the base of it.

#18 Posted by kraken2109 (12980 posts) -

The only thing worth doing, as others have said, would be overclocking that CPU.