Impressions of the EVOLVE Beta?

#1 Posted by biggest_loser (24057 posts) -

Has anyone here played the Evolve beta yet? What were your impressions of the game?!

#2 Posted by id_mew (472 posts) -

Tried a couple of rounds and I got bored fairly quickly.

I don't know, seems like Titanfall where it could be very fun for a while but can get boring fast.

#3 Edited by lawlessx (46765 posts) -

the beta started? damm..guess i didn't get selected.

#4 Posted by cyloninside (605 posts) -

had a similar experience as id_mew

there isnt enough game there to keep me interested for more than a weekend. its just the same thing round after round. gets boring very quickly.

#5 Posted by ghstbstr (8790 posts) -

I wish that I could have played the beta.

#6 Posted by with_teeth26 (6183 posts) -

Its in Alpha, not beta.

I think the matches need a bit more structure, you just run around and look for the monster and then shoot at it. Fighting the monster can be fun if the person playing it know what he is doing but its too simplistic. There needs to be more objectives or some kind of progression through the level where the monster has to stop the players.

#7 Posted by lawlessx (46765 posts) -

@with_teeth26 said:

Its in Alpha, not beta.

I think the matches need a bit more structure, you just run around and look for the monster and then shoot at it. Fighting the monster can be fun if the person playing it know what he is doing but its too simplistic. There needs to be more objectives or some kind of progression through the level where the monster has to stop the players.

mission objectives while needing to take down the monster would be nice.

#8 Posted by nutcrackr (12628 posts) -

@lawlessx said:

mission objectives while needing to take down the monster would be nice.

"Take the monster down using interpretive dance"

#9 Posted by airshocker (29861 posts) -

Fucking amazing. Obviously I have a couple of gripes(there should be a system to switch classes with a friend, there's a stuttering issue) but they're minor.

I absolutely love this game and I think they're going to do extremely well with it.

#10 Posted by FelipeInside (25658 posts) -

Seems like a game that will get old pretty quickly.

#11 Posted by Arthas045 (5247 posts) -

Game looks pretty good, but like others have stated may get old fast.

#12 Posted by cyloninside (605 posts) -

@FelipeInside said:

Seems like a game that will get old pretty quickly.

it is. gets old after about 10 hours of playtime.

once you realize it is literally the exact same match every time you play.... the "wow" wears off. hunters spend the entire match chasing, monster spends the entire match running away. briefly broken up by the hunters catching the monster in an arena and the monster frantically trying to avoid damage. that is literally every match. the only time it gets interesting at all is once the monster hits lvl 3 and can actually fight back. before then the monster is so weak that if it gets caught it is pretty much dead.

#13 Posted by intotheminx (703 posts) -

Out of curiosity, the people that have played it and say it gets boring quickly......did you get bored of L4D quickly as well?

#14 Posted by with_teeth26 (6183 posts) -

@intotheminx said:

Out of curiosity, the people that have played it and say it gets boring quickly......did you get bored of L4D quickly as well?

I put about 400 hours into L4D2 (mostly versus) so that would be a no.

Maybe it'll be like L4D where the first game is a bit lean and then the sequel takes better advantage of the concept.

#15 Posted by KHAndAnime (13867 posts) -

Makes me wish they did a new AvP where it's an asymmetrical match of marines versus aliens and predators. Now that would be cool. Not a huge fan of the concept of Evolve.

#16 Posted by Blutfahne (275 posts) -

Should of stuck with Valve and made L4D3.

#17 Edited by airshocker (29861 posts) -

I didn't think it got that boring. But maybe because I was playing with friends and we were constantly trying to change things up, one up each other, work tactically, etc.

I can only imagine how much more exciting it's going to be when I can play as the Kraken and the other hunters. I do love the Goliath, though.