This topic is locked from further discussion.

bobbyhosey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 bobbyhosey
Member since 2003 • 28 Posts
i just bought my first hdtv. it is the sharp lc-26d40u. it says it has a 6 ms response time but i still see some ghosting. is there anyway to decrease the amount of image ghosting?
creamsauce17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 creamsauce17
Member since 2006 • 207 Posts
 id take it back and get a different tv i hope you bought it from a store with a 30 day return policy.
the1stmoonfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 the1stmoonfly
Member since 2006 • 3293 Posts
is it plasma or lcd and ghosting or burn in isnt because of the response time. Unless your just talking about the picture going choppy when the screen move around quickly, ( in that case ill guess you have an lcd ) If your on about burn in then you just have to limit the amount of time bright images are left still on your screen, but cheaper plasmas are more suseptable to this, you should find the best set for your money and if its reallt bad then return your set and get a better brand. If your talking about a choppy image then a 6ms response time isnt bad for an lcd so it shouldnt be too bad, if it is, again return the set and find a better one, and look at plasmas, response time is instant on these because of the way the bulbs work. If you want me to explain in more detail, just ask.
FootballGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 FootballGamer
Member since 2003 • 5521 Posts
i just bought my first hdtv. it is the sharp lc-26d40u. it says it has a 6 ms response time but i still see some ghosting. is there anyway to decrease the amount of image ghosting?bobbyhosey

Unfortunatey that is the evils of LCD, not to mention you seem to be very sensitive to it.
FootballGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 FootballGamer
is it plasma or lcd and ghosting or burn in isnt because of the response time. Unless your just talking about the picture going choppy when the screen move around quickly, ( in that case ill guess you have an lcd ) If your on about burn in then you just have to limit the amount of time bright images are left still on your screen, but cheaper plasmas are more suseptable to this, you should find the best set for your money and if its reallt bad then return your set and get a better brand. If your talking about a choppy image then a 6ms response time isnt bad for an lcd so it shouldnt be too bad, if it is, again return the set and find a better one, and look at plasmas, response time is instant on these because of the way the bulbs work. If you want me to explain in more detail, just ask.the1stmoonfly

:lol:

Also, where the hell did he mention anything about burn in?
the1stmoonfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 the1stmoonfly
[QUOTE="the1stmoonfly"]is it plasma or lcd and ghosting or burn in isnt because of the response time. Unless your just talking about the picture going choppy when the screen move around quickly, ( in that case ill guess you have an lcd ) If your on about burn in then you just have to limit the amount of time bright images are left still on your screen, but cheaper plasmas are more suseptable to this, you should find the best set for your money and if its reallt bad then return your set and get a better brand. If your talking about a choppy image then a 6ms response time isnt bad for an lcd so it shouldnt be too bad, if it is, again return the set and find a better one, and look at plasmas, response time is instant on these because of the way the bulbs work. If you want me to explain in more detail, just ask.FootballGamer

ghosting is retained image on the screen, burn in is a more severe form of ghosting where the ghost image is almost perminent, i think the issue he was talking about was the moving image lag and not ghosting at all as i explained, i simply covered both issues in my response so that he waould get his answer either way while also explaining the difference between ghosting and image lag, eg. a slow response time. its also worth noting that the picture source can be part of the image lag issue as well, video with slow framrate or a poor broadcast can also lead to slight image lag. But as stated already, a 6ms response time should be good enough so either he is overly sensative as you said or his tv is chaep nasty no name cr*p.
FootballGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 FootballGamer
[QUOTE="FootballGamer"][QUOTE="the1stmoonfly"]is it plasma or lcd and ghosting or burn in isnt because of the response time. Unless your just talking about the picture going choppy when the screen move around quickly, ( in that case ill guess you have an lcd ) If your on about burn in then you just have to limit the amount of time bright images are left still on your screen, but cheaper plasmas are more suseptable to this, you should find the best set for your money and if its reallt bad then return your set and get a better brand. If your talking about a choppy image then a 6ms response time isnt bad for an lcd so it shouldnt be too bad, if it is, again return the set and find a better one, and look at plasmas, response time is instant on these because of the way the bulbs work. If you want me to explain in more detail, just ask.the1stmoonfly

ghosting is retained image on the screen, burn in is a more severe form of ghosting where the ghost image is almost perminent, i think the issue he was talking about was the moving image lag and not ghosting at all as i explained, i simply covered both issues in my response so that he waould get his answer either way while also explaining the difference between ghosting and image lag, eg. a slow response time. its also worth noting that the picture source can be part of the image lag issue as well, video with slow framrate or a poor broadcast can also lead to slight image lag. But as stated already, a 6ms response time should be good enough so either he is overly sensative as you said or his tv is chaep nasty no name cr*p.

I was just picking stmoonfly. I think you answered his question fine. But damn no joke right? If he can see ghosting at 6ms I feel sorry for him.
the1stmoonfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 the1stmoonfly
yep, but would you buy a sharp lcd, i know i wouldnt.
FootballGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 FootballGamer
yep, but would you buy a sharp lcd, i know i wouldnt.the1stmoonfly

MAybe the next gen. They are supposed to have deep black levels with no banding problems.
bobbyhosey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 bobbyhosey
Member since 2003 • 28 Posts
it is one of the newer sharps with the deeper black levels and no banding. i guess im just really sensitive to image ghosting. thanks for taking the time to respond. the image isn't choppy just everything from my 360 to dvd's has a little bit of motion blur. at first i thought it could have been the games themselves because some have intentional motion blur so i tried doom on xbla and it still does it so i know it is not the software.
FootballGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 FootballGamer
Yeah, I think your model is free and clear, but the 42 inch and above have severe banding issues.
the1stmoonfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 the1stmoonfly
and again, im in europe so as ever, the sharp tv's over here are a generation behind yours so yours is probably better than anything sharp has over here yet. if you have XBL download the xbox360 networking solutions video in 720p, if that PQ on that fails to impress then id blame your tv, it looks crystal clear and smooth on my set so it should be a good test bed.
CHROMEFLAMIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 CHROMEFLAMIN
Member since 2005 • 1902 Posts
i just bought my first hdtv. it is the sharp lc-26d40u. it says it has a 6 ms response time but i still see some ghosting. is there anyway to decrease the amount of image ghosting?bobbyhosey
Welcome to the world of lcd tv's, I haven't seen one yet that doesn't ghost, just one of those deals where one would say ,"it is what it is".