im stuck Arma 2 how do u plant C4 ???

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by telefanatic (2883 posts) -

Man im still on the first level i know its a damn simulator im not that dumb i looked in the options checked out all the buttons dont know how to find c4 to plant in that first mission? Can someone help me out , do i have to plant it or do i give a command somehow for my squad mattes to do it ? Thanks for any help.

#2 Posted by EndersAres (5710 posts) -

You should have one in your inventory. All you have to do is use your mouse wheel or [ ] to open up your action menu and lay satchel charge. Once it's laid a few options in the action menu will come up for a timer or just to blow it.

#3 Posted by telefanatic (2883 posts) -

You should have one in your inventory. All you have to do is use your mouse wheel or [ ] to open up your action menu and lay satchel charge. Once it's laid a few options in the action menu will come up for a timer or just to blow it.

EndersAres

thats the problem i checked my inventory by pressing F and i only got the pistol m4 and no C4 ? wtf this is pissing me off.

#4 Posted by Murd3r3r (43 posts) -

Man im still on the first level i know its a damn simulator im not that dumb i looked in the options checked out all the buttons dont know how to find c4 to plant in that first mission? Can someone help me out , do i have to plant it or do i give a command somehow for my squad mattes to do it ? Thanks for any help.

telefanatic

when u get close to that machine u have to blow up choose the bomb with mouse wheel and when u choose it u'll sit down then press no botton and get away from there and chose the " Blow up " with mouse wheel ....

That game really craze u cuz in some mission the fantastic AI doesn't want to regroup and all mission will be ruined ... I played it for one week but now I can't take it any more with a lot of bugs in game ... I'm Goanna uninstall it ...

#5 Posted by EndersAres (5710 posts) -

Not sure what to say to you. You should have a single satchel charge. Unless you removed it during the flight. Just restart the mission and press g to see if it is in your inventory. It looks like a messenger bag. Maybe you laid it on accident I don't know but it should be there. The mission is short so its easy to start over.

#6 Posted by kropsky (6 posts) -

Hi. I have the exact same problem. Well, I have the satchel but cannot select it. Did you ever find a solution, and if so, can you tell me how you selected it (i.e. what keys do you use to do it). This game makes me feel stupid!

#7 Posted by Xavier_12 (824 posts) -
The problem is after you select the satchel from the quick menu (click mouse wheel) there is an icon that is the exact icon you use when you open/close doors in the game. If you click the mouse wheel again (like you would if you were opening a door) your character will move and not drop the satchel. I recall just walking away with the open door icon up after you click the mouse wheel to set the charge but you might want to double check that.
#8 Posted by I-WoKeN-I (147 posts) -

4, left mouse click hold it untill the progress bar completes ang wait 30 seconds and go go go