I really want to get back into WOW, is it worth?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

KABCOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By KABCOOL
Member since 2009 • 1147 Posts

I bought the battle chest like 6 months ago which came with a free 1 month of game time. I really enjoyed the game, got up to level 55 and wanted to keep playing but $15 a month is pretty steep for me. Well recently I have been thinking of starting it up again. What do you guys think? Any of you still enjoying WoW?

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

Isn't it a 10$ per month these days? I remember it was this way like two years ago.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@PredatorRules said:

Isn't it a 10$ per month these days? I remember it was this way like two years ago.

I thought it was always $15?

But anyway TC, not worth it anymore. The community has become total crap and there are better MMOs out now. Remember the good days of WoW as a good memory.

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 BSC14
Member since 2002 • 4187 Posts

@FelipeInside said:

@PredatorRules said:

But anyway TC, not worth it anymore. The community has become total crap and there are better MMOs out now. Remember the good days of WoW as a good memory.

I usually agree with you but I don't on this one. WoW is still a good game and has more end game content than any other mmo out there. It also has polish on it's side.... As far as the community yes there are a lot of tards in the game but if you get in a decent guild you can find some good quality people.

That said, personally I would wait for the next expansion pack. There are other MMOs to hold you over that are free like SWTOR for example.

KABCOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By KABCOOL

Downloading it right now, going to buy a month and see how it goes, anyone here want to party up?

EDIT: I have a lvl 55 horde blood elf

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By FelipeInside

@BSC14 said:

@FelipeInside said:

@PredatorRules said:

I usually agree with you but I don't on this one. WoW is still a good game and has more end game content than any other mmo out there. It also has polish on it's side.... As far as the community yes there are a lot of tards in the game but if you get in a decent guild you can find some good quality people.

That said, personally I would wait for the next expansion pack. There are other MMOs to hold you over that are free like SWTOR for example.

I'm not saying it's a bad game, it's just dated for me and they just concentrate on bringing out dungeons and raids, story and immersion takes a back seat for Blizzard now and that's what I like in MMOs.

Also, they have totally given up on leveling, with the final nail paying to get max level toons. I enjoy leveling in an MMO, discovering the map, exploring etc.

KABCOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 KABCOOL

@FelipeInside: Yea that sucks they have all this instant leveling stuff, but I will probably just take my time anyways. I had fun leveling up to 55, and that only took me a month, so getting to max cant be that bad.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 FelipeInside

@KABCOOL said:

@FelipeInside: Yea that sucks they have all this instant leveling stuff, but I will probably just take my time anyways. I had fun leveling up to 55, and that only took me a month, so getting to max cant be that bad.

That's the thing.

To me it used to be great fun leveling up, but they have now taken all that away, or it has become tedious and dated.

I hope you enjoy it but I've come to expect other things from MMOs now.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

I loaded it up the other day for laughs, and I didnt get laughs or nostalgia, it felt so dated and it didnt seem to age very well. But thats just me

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 thereal25
Member since 2011 • 2074 Posts

I heard you can get a level 90 character for $60

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Nope. Stick to real life. Your significant other will thank you for it.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Please sign here sir: ____________

**By signing here,, you hereby agree to signing your life away.

KABCOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 KABCOOL

anyone want to do RAF, to get the exp boost

KABCOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 KABCOOL

I need someone to play with come on

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 FelipeInside

@KABCOOL said:

I need someone to play with come on

You won't find many WoW players on these forums sorry, and even if you do...they will be at max level.

Tqricardinho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Tqricardinho
Member since 2013 • 477 Posts

No... And this is being said for someone that has played since TBC and has tried MOP very recently.

Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Arthas045
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts

I still think its great, but I would rather play other games at this point of my life. WOW takes some dedication that I do not want to give it.

SovietsUnited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

#19 SovietsUnited
Member since 2009 • 2457 Posts

Burned-out player here; if I learned anything during my time it's that every fresh start in WoW is very entertaining and you should definitely give it a go if you're already determined to do so.

Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Arthas045
@Motokid6 said:

The game has been casualized to hilarity. I actually got back into WoW not long ago. Spent the money on MoP and all. Leveling was and still is fun that I will say.

But the end game has been destroyed. No longer must you work towards gearing you character out. In the old days pre-MoP when you hit the level cap you had to do hit regular dungeons to gear up with blues and the occasional epic. Then you worked on heroics where you geared out with epics. Then you slowly ease yourself into raiding/pvp.

So I was under that impression while I was playing MoP until some guy told me "Dude you know about loot island right? You can gear yourself out in an hour."

And sure enough there's a f***ing island where you get buffed out the ass and can go around looting epics out of chests.

F*** you Blizzard and your casual crap. THEY EVEN GOT RID OF THE SKILL TREE!!

*sigh*.... I have hopes for the next expansion. But if its anything like MoP then no.. just no.

Oh and you know what else bugged me? The pandas constantly saying "We are the watchers on the wall."

.. REALLY?! Word for word? Since when is the nights watch in WoW? Let me guess in the next expansion the orcs will go around saying "The night is dark and full of terrors."

..I've lost all respect for the game. It's for children and only children now.

I can understand why they do this though. The gear from (loot island) will get you up to about 2nd tier raids, which have been out for over a year. The game is not getting any major content patches until the expansion, so why not let players experience the content? This way they can get into the meat of the content without having to do the steps you listed. When MoP first started you did have to do the grinding of gear dungeons etc.

Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Arthas045

@Motokid6 said:

@Arthas045: Yea I did JUST start playing a few months ago so MoP has been well under way. Like I said I have high hopes for the next expansion. But.. why did they get rid of the skill tree?

Yeah that was a crazy thing, but I remember them saying something a long the lines of they wanted the player to always feel like they are getting a skill and not something passive. I enjoyed the skill tree myself.

KABCOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 KABCOOL

No one here wants to do RaF? Need someone to play with. Or does anyone not play anymore and want to give there acc to someone who will use it :)

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 FelipeInside

@KABCOOL said:

No one here wants to do RaF? Need someone to play with. Or does anyone not play anymore and want to give there acc to someone who will use it :)

Like I said before, it will be hard for you to find someone on these forums that still plays WoW. Most of us have moved on.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
Member since 2009 • 4928 Posts

@FelipeInside said:

@KABCOOL said:

Like I said before, it will be hard for you to find someone on these forums that still plays WoW. Most of us have moved on.

Says the guy who never actually played wow in the first place, leveling for the entire time u played wow is not playing wow. Seems nothing ever changes around here, different day same BS posts/.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 FelipeInside

@Advid-Gamer said:

@FelipeInside said:

Says the guy who never actually played wow in the first place, leveling for the entire time u played wow is not playing wow. Seems nothing ever changes around here, different day same BS posts/.

Ohhh look who it is. I thought your mum banned you from using the internet and let you leave your room for a change. Sadly, guess not...

Protip: go outside for a while, bake in the sun, make some friends (that one will be very difficult), even maybe get a job. It's ok if you don't post here, no one will miss you...

Avatar image for deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
Member since 2009 • 4928 Posts

@FelipeInside: What you think you rule the roost because no one really posts here anymore? You still the same guy that talks out his rear about every game and insnt even a real gamer to me, nothing will change that. BTW site sucks now enjoy being the king of nothing

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 FelipeInside

@Advid-Gamer said:

@FelipeInside: What you think you rule the roost because no one really posts here anymore? You still the same guy that talks out his rear about every game and insnt even a real gamer to me, nothing will change that. BTW site sucks now enjoy being the king of nothing

Your mum can show you the way out of your bedroom. Don't be scared now... there's a whole world out there for you to explore.