This topic is locked from further discussion.

Majistrate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Majistrate
Member since 2011 • 331 Posts

Looking for a good RPG, single player. Setting doesn't matter, can be sci-fi, medievel, fantasy or anything like that. Definitely needs to have a skill & loot system, where you're constantly finding new weapons, deciding what to equip and what to sell etc.

Something like diablo would be ideal (Not diablo 3 or either of the torchlights though, played diablo 3 and didnt like it, really couldn't get into torchlight for some reason)

My favourite RPG I've played was Champions: Return to Arms on the PS2, so if a game similar to that exists on PC...wel that's perfect!

1st person or 3rd person, doesn't matter, just a game where I can get into the story, sink many hours exploring a wilderness and finding loot. I don't mind how old it is, aslong as the graphics hold up well (I've become a real graphics whore since I started PC gaming :P)

Any and all suggestions welcome! I've played a fair few RPG's that have come out in the last year or so, and around 7 years ago. There's a massive gap in the middle where I rarely gamed though! 

Karpola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Karpola
Member since 2010 • 67 Posts

Titan Quest is nice and also has some modding community with new content once you're done with the vanilla.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts
oblivion skyrim fallout 3 fallout new vegas dark souls dragon's dogma kingdoms of amulur reckoning mass effect 1-3 lord of the rings; war in the north Deus ex Borderlands 1&2 two worlds two fable III You also have the witcher series, but i don't like em,
adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts

Titan Quest is nice and also has some modding community with new content once you're done with the vanilla.

Karpola
+1 for Titan quest. Probably the greatest diablo clone ( and much better and truer to diablo formula than diablo 3 ) You might also look out for the upcoming Grim dawn ( from titan quest devs ) looks amazing so far
buccomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 buccomatic
Member since 2005 • 1941 Posts
[QUOTE="evildead6789"]oblivion skyrim fallout 3 fallout new vegas dark souls dragon's dogma kingdoms of amulur reckoning mass effect 1-3 lord of the rings; war in the north Deus ex Borderlands 1&2 two worlds two fable III You also have the witcher series, but i don't like em,

damn good list. loved the fallout series, me1-3, dx:hr and koa:r. flat out awesome games! i'm in getting close to finishing fallout: new vegas - ultimate edition and so far it's been pretty awesome. hada few corrupt auto saves now that i'm nearing the end but has been great so far. liked fallout 3 gotye better though. also another great rpg/action shooter is red dead redemption. i guess it qualifies as shooter/rpg but it is so much more as well.
commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts
[QUOTE="buccomatic"][QUOTE="evildead6789"]oblivion skyrim fallout 3 fallout new vegas dark souls dragon's dogma kingdoms of amulur reckoning mass effect 1-3 lord of the rings; war in the north Deus ex Borderlands 1&2 two worlds two fable III You also have the witcher series, but i don't like em,

damn good list. loved the fallout series, me1-3, dx:hr and koa:r. flat out awesome games! i'm in getting close to finishing fallout: new vegas - ultimate edition and so far it's been pretty awesome. hada few corrupt auto saves now that i'm nearing the end but has been great so far. liked fallout 3 gotye better though. also another great rpg/action shooter is red dead redemption. i guess it qualifies as shooter/rpg but it is so much more as well.

Red dead redemption is not on the pc, and dragon's dogma neither (i forgot that lol), fable II should also be on that list then ( only on xbox). Yeah fallout 3 is better than new vegas, but both triple A games.
Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

Looking for a good RPG, single player. Setting doesn't matter, can be sci-fi, medievel, fantasy or anything like that. Definitely needs to have a skill & loot system, where you're constantly finding new weapons, deciding what to equip and what to sell etc.

Something like diablo would be ideal (Not diablo 3 or either of the torchlights though, played diablo 3 and didnt like it, really couldn't get into torchlight for some reason)

My favourite RPG I've played was Champions: Return to Arms on the PS2, so if a game similar to that exists on PC...wel that's perfect!

1st person or 3rd person, doesn't matter, just a game where I can get into the story, sink many hours exploring a wilderness and finding loot. I don't mind how old it is, aslong as the graphics hold up well (I've become a real graphics whore since I started PC gaming :P)

Any and all suggestions welcome! I've played a fair few RPG's that have come out in the last year or so, and around 7 years ago. There's a massive gap in the middle where I rarely gamed though! 

Majistrate

Divinity 2: The Dragon Knight Saga fits perfectly. It's basically a 3rd person Diablo game with awesome loot collecting. Highly recommend it.

Gothic 3 (with the community patch) is also a great open-world game with a ton of atmosphere and detail, basically a 3rd person Elder Scrolls: Oblivion done infinitely better.  

Justforvisit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 Justforvisit
Member since 2011 • 2660 Posts

Nobody mentioned Sacred yet?

Tokeism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Tokeism
Member since 2006 • 2365 Posts
Path of Exile, is a good Diablo-like game, plus its free.
WinsteadVolve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 WinsteadVolve
Member since 2011 • 366 Posts

Fallout 3 and New Vegas obviously. Borderlands 2. Skyrim. You're set for life and more.

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3324 Posts

Based on your post, I'd go with Divine Divinity or get a PS2 emulator and play Baldurs Gate: Dark Alliance 1 & 2.  (same style as the Champions games, but better, imo)

As far as new/upcoming games, there's Path of Exile and Grim Dawn.

Xeogua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Xeogua
Member since 2010 • 1542 Posts

Nobody mentioned Sacred yet?

Justforvisit

I'll second this.  I had 100s of hours on the 360 version and Sacred 2: Gold is $10 on steam right now.

Lulekani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Lulekani
Member since 2012 • 2318 Posts
Thats Way Too Many RPG's.
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

Diablo II (best game in it's specific genre)

Path of Exile (getting a big patch soon, and more to come)

Define "loot"?  If you mean randomly generated gear by the thousands, then thats the best I got for ya, but if you mean anything with stuff to find, then I would reccomend many others such as

Skyrim (some things I love and some things i hate)

Tales of SYmphonia (awesome game on consoles)

Tales of Vesperia (Same as above)

Baten Kaitos (very unique and amazing game on consoles)

Baten Kaitos Origins (same as above)

Paper Mario 64 (awesome game on consoles)

Paper Mario TTYD (same as above) 

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#16 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11781 Posts

As others have said on here.  

Path of Exile

Also have you taken a look at Shadowrun Returns? It launches at the end of the month.

It is a single player (turn based tactical RPG) Although its all in real time until you get into a battle.

Will be very heavy on story, and setting/atmosphere. 

Even has an editor with it to create your own stories, environments etc. etc.

It is also only $17 on STEAM right now.

mep69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 mep69
Member since 2008 • 1926 Posts
The Witcher 2 !!!!!!!
Xshinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 Xshinobi
Member since 2003 • 3011 Posts
The Witcher and The Witcher 2.
Gladestone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Gladestone1
Member since 2004 • 5695 Posts

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/create

http://www.grimdawn.com/

Here is the links for path of exile its in beta still...Easy enough to get a key

Grim dawn is in alpha atm but if u pay 25 bucks u can get into beta..This game will be rocking soon..All old titan quest fans have been waiting for this game for ever..It will be released some time in june..Keep a eye on both of these..

Also vanhelsing is out now an very fun..Its on steam.com

buccomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 buccomatic
Member since 2005 • 1941 Posts
[QUOTE="evildead6789"][QUOTE="buccomatic"][QUOTE="evildead6789"]oblivion skyrim fallout 3 fallout new vegas dark souls dragon's dogma kingdoms of amulur reckoning mass effect 1-3 lord of the rings; war in the north Deus ex Borderlands 1&2 two worlds two fable III You also have the witcher series, but i don't like em,

Red dead redemption is not on the pc, and dragon's dogma neither (i forgot that lol), fable II should also be on that list then ( only on xbox). Yeah fallout 3 is better than new vegas, but both triple A games.

lol yeah. damn. if they came out with RDR on PC i bet they would sell a bazillion copies.
kanoforcee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 kanoforcee
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
Any game is good but just dont go for Diablo 3... you will throw a bunch of $$ and get bored soon... try D2 instead
MuD3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 MuD3
Member since 2011 • 2192 Posts
kotor
anab0lic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 anab0lic
Member since 2011 • 374 Posts

baldurs gate 2 + expansion

Icewind dale 1 & 2

Old but still the best rpgs on the pc by a long shot, get the high rez mods for them and they still look great even today.  

robokill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 robokill
Member since 2007 • 1392 Posts
Modded Fallout 3 is the best, then there's everything else.
SKaREO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SKaREO
Member since 2006 • 3161 Posts
If you're into Pen and Paper styled RPGs, Shadowrun: Returns is coming this month. They will let you make your own game with modding tools also. It's only $20 on Steam, the graphics look pretty average but the game should be amazing. The original creator of the Shadowrun game is on their team so it will most likely be a faithful recreation of an old classic. Single player only, no co-op which is a major bummer, but for $20 you can't really go wrong.
MacBoomStick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 MacBoomStick
Member since 2011 • 1822 Posts

This thread makes me so sad.

MuD3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 MuD3
Member since 2011 • 2192 Posts

This thread makes me so sad.

MacBoomStick

why? because people have different opinions than you?:roll:

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
If you're into Pen and Paper styled RPGs, Shadowrun: Returns is coming this month. They will let you make your own game with modding tools also. It's only $20 on Steam, the graphics look pretty average but the game should be amazing. The original creator of the Shadowrun game is on their team so it will most likely be a faithful recreation of an old classic. Single player only, no co-op which is a major bummer, but for $20 you can't really go wrong.SKaREO
I'm really looking forward to Shadowrun: Returns. Good call on that one.
kanoforcee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 kanoforcee
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
Mybe he just used to play many of these games... so he is mega sad :(
Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11781 Posts

[QUOTE="SKaREO"]If you're into Pen and Paper styled RPGs, Shadowrun: Returns is coming this month. They will let you make your own game with modding tools also. It's only $20 on Steam, the graphics look pretty average but the game should be amazing. The original creator of the Shadowrun game is on their team so it will most likely be a faithful recreation of an old classic. Single player only, no co-op which is a major bummer, but for $20 you can't really go wrong.Elann2008
I'm really looking forward to Shadowrun: Returns. Good call on that one.

Agreed!

I am really looking forward to it myself.

The devs also said that they really want a Co-op for it, and have been looking at it. They just don't have the money, or time right now. They did say that it isn't impossible, and that the more people who buy the game. The more stuff they can continue to add to it.

Over time, with the modders, and devs.  There might actually be a Co-op designed for it, in some form.