I need help making a choice

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Jonnyboy1219 (178 posts) -
I have a problem. I need a new laptop, and it is between an Alienware area-51, and a Macbook Pro. Now my question is, since the newest game I want to play is Supreme Comander, should I go with the mac with boot camp? Any help is much appreciated
#2 Posted by Akivaria (265 posts) -
I hate Macs.
#3 Posted by den4sir (1235 posts) -
I have a problem. I need a new laptop, and it is between an Alienware area-51, and a Macbook Pro. Now my question is, since the newest game I want to play is Supreme Comander, should I go with the mac with boot camp? Any help is much appreciated Jonnyboy1219
There is more freedon with a PC. That's something Apple tends to leave out when they advertise their Mac. Don't run with the Alienware cause it's way too expensive, unless you're going to take it as they give it to you. I would run with a Dell XPS.
#4 Posted by BloodMist (32752 posts) -
If you wanna play games go for the PC.If you wanna, like, edit videos with their crappy built-in editor, go with a mac.Easy choice, really.
#5 Posted by malaciousrussia (133 posts) -
yeah, a pc will give you more freedom and will definitely let you play new games. especially supreme commander. macs aren't as compatible with gaming. but don't go with alienware. over priced like a mofo. grab a dell. unless you have the money and just dgaf. 
#6 Posted by evilbarbarian (3879 posts) -
Alienwares, Macs and Dells SUCK. 
#7 Posted by den4sir (1235 posts) -
Alienwares, Macs and Dells SUCK. evilbarbarian
I agree, I just wish they would sell the components so that one could build one on their own. I hate the price that they charge for inferior components.
#8 Posted by BloodMist (32752 posts) -
[QUOTE="evilbarbarian"]Alienwares, Macs and Dells SUCK. den4sir
I agree, I just wish they would sell the components so that one could build one on their own. I hate the price that they charge for inferior components.

You can buy all the said components online, at places like Newegg.
#9 Posted by Jonnyboy1219 (178 posts) -
Thanks for the help. I really don't want to play too many new games, but dell and and alienware are really my only choices for laptops. 
#11 Posted by den4sir (1235 posts) -
[QUOTE="den4sir"][QUOTE="evilbarbarian"]Alienwares, Macs and Dells SUCK. BloodMist

You can buy all the said components online, at places like Newegg.

But for a laptop? Could you build a laptop with case, keyboard and power through those sites like Tiger direct or newegg? I'v tried looking things up but nothing that I could see. Ppoint me in the right direction if you can.
#12 Posted by mdcw9 (158 posts) -
Alienware is very expensive m8. But if you can afford it, their much better then dell, for one very good reason. RELIABILITY. Plus they look amazing... And their upgradable. I would never go with dell for a gaming platform, only if you wanted to do work, mainly because you cant upgrade a dell pc. MAC isnt ment to be used for any type of gaming. Its their for the proffesionals. I personally like mac because i see no reason not to like them.