I need a good rpg to play???

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by tic12 (163 posts) -
i need to find a good rpg to play ive played Wow, titan quest, hellgate london, guildwars and i havent really like any of them could some one give me advie on a new rpg to play?
#2 Posted by eggdog1234 (831 posts) -
Its not a MMO but the witcher is great
#3 Posted by StormofBullets (14 posts) -
Oblivion; great game.
Free roam, do what ever you want.
#4 Posted by geo888 (351 posts) -
i agree with stormofbullets, oblivion is an amazing game. and now you can get the game of the year edition.
#5 Posted by emosoul (5 posts) -
theres... maplestory, runescape, cronous o.O
#6 Posted by emosoul (5 posts) -
is there any other GOOD RPG games? im soo bored!
#7 Posted by The_Laser08 (879 posts) -
Knights of the old Republic!
#8 Posted by Noldorin2646 (641 posts) -

Knights of the old Republic!The_Laser08

Ditto.

#9 Posted by tic12 (163 posts) -
i go to night school so all day when my friends are in school i have nothing to do so in just need a fun rpgand i have played oblivon before and i hated it
#10 Posted by mechwarrior_bob (1789 posts) -

[QUOTE="The_Laser08"]Knights of the old Republic!Noldorin2646

Ditto.

KOTOR FTW all others pale in comparison :D

#11 Posted by StormofBullets (14 posts) -
Well Dungeon Siege II is also a lot of fun, but kinda short..
But Oblivion was my best answer.
#12 Posted by prophed (28 posts) -
Have you tried Diablo, Diablo 2 or Bioshock? they're good games.
#13 Posted by ILostOnJeprody (338 posts) -
While I agree with suggestions of The Witcher and Knights of the Old Republic, you have listed a bunch of good RPGs and told us that you hated all of them. What RPGs do you like? Perhaps we could make better recommendations if we know what you are looking for.
#14 Posted by barney_calhoun_ (3887 posts) -
oblivion, morrowind, KOTOR, jade empire...
#15 Posted by lead_healer (108 posts) -

Good RPGs?

The Witcher, Neverwinter Nights Series, Baldur's Gate series, Fallout series, The Elder Scrolls Series, KOTOR series, and Albion! Yes Albion, it's old and 2d. Fear it!

#16 Posted by NEOSPARKING (1264 posts) -
mmorpg = wow
best rpg = the witcher the witcher the witcher (I cant emphasize enough how much this game rocks)
best "imo" fps-rpg = S.T.A.L.K.E.R
best free roam w/ graphics but boring storyline and gameplay = Oblivion
#17 Posted by lead_healer (108 posts) -
Honestly you know what killed Oblivion for me? It's going to sound weird to a lot of you guys. No dual weild! WTH? If I play a thief character how can I NOT have two daggers??!!?! Something about only having one weapon on a ranger or thief type character seems ridiculous to me. (Thief series excluded because Garret just rules) I don't know, when an RPG lets you pretty much design your character on so many levels, dual weild seems like a big deal to me. I guess it's just a personal preference. Heck, even Everquest: Champions for PS2 allowed certain characters to dual weild. I like two swords!! :)
#18 Posted by TrickyNicky (2501 posts) -
Anachronox
#19 Posted by Minder22 (487 posts) -
you could try the lotr mmo or city of heros/villins or play oblivion which isnt an mmo
#20 Posted by nightharvest (1782 posts) -

All Oblivion will ask you to do is follow a doomed Prince through a sewer for two minutes. From there, the game plays out how you want it. Priceless.

Vampire: Bloodlines - The Masquerade (with the community patches) is a quality product.

8)

#21 Posted by Childeater10 (3011 posts) -
Vampire Bloodlines is a good RPG.
#22 Posted by StormofBullets (14 posts) -
Oh yeah, one the slipped my mind; Fable.
#23 Posted by RyukoDarkstone (1 posts) -

The immortal coil

The Immortal Coil is a play-by-post fantasy roleplay forum with added RPG elements, such as PVP (player-versus-player) integrated battles, mini-games and items. The main aim of the forum is to focus everything on the writing of roleplay; the interactions of player-created characters through the use of imaginative story-driven posts. The more you write roleplay (and the better that roleplay is), the stronger and wealthier your character will grow.

Set in the original fantasy realm of Maia, TIC features the engaging and interactive storyline of an epic battle between the life-streams of two opposing planets, and the heroes that are born from each. In a world without sunlight, all races - Human, Elf, Werewolf, Vampire, Dwarf, Ork, monster and Mage - must struggle to survive in any way they can.

Frickin awsome site with plenty of acctive members and an active administrator with plans for updates during the summer.

http://mooncalfstudios.com/tic/bbace/portal.php

#24 Posted by Darth_Kane (2966 posts) -

My TOP 3 RPGs:

1. Mass Effect

2. Star Wars: Knights of the old Republic

3. The Witcher

Other great RPGs: Fable, Jade Empire, Planescape: Torment, Vampire - Bloodlines, Fallout series etc.

#25 Posted by tratyu92 (1765 posts) -
Vampire Bloodlines is a good RPG.Childeater10
This^
#26 Posted by Locke562 (7673 posts) -
Knights of the old Republic.
#27 Posted by BladeMaster84 (533 posts) -

I've said it before and I'll say it again (and again and again and again and...):

Morrowind. With all the mods, the game probably has years worth of content on top of the original game and it's official plugins and two large expansions.

#28 Posted by lordlors (5675 posts) -

Neverwinter Nights 2

The Witcher

Mass Effect

#29 Posted by THERSOfi (1214 posts) -
Morrowind, Oblivion, Daggerfall, Diablo 1 and 2... just to name a few...
#30 Posted by ssvegeta555 (2283 posts) -
[QUOTE="Childeater10"]Vampire Bloodlines is a good RPG.tratyu92
This^

Double this^
#31 Posted by Lilgunney612 (1878 posts) -

i need to find a good rpg to play ive played Wow, titan quest, hellgate london, guildwars and i havent really like any of them could some one give me advie on a new rpg to play?tic12

asode from titan quest.. none of those are real RPGs.

#32 Posted by WR83 (122 posts) -
Try www.maidmarian.com
#33 Posted by vash47 (2171 posts) -

Vampire Bloodlines is a good RPG.Childeater10

You're joking right?

[spoiler] It's an EXCELLENT RPG [/spoiler]