I hope Valve never does this voting thing again.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Jebus213 (8919 posts) -
Really? Really!?!?! Quake? The game was already 9$ FFS.
#2 Posted by UCF_Knight (6863 posts) -
Damn it. Not what I voted for. Quake is already 6 bucks. Now people will save a whopping $3.50. >.>
#3 Posted by Planeforger (16164 posts) -
COD4 for 50% off is pretty terrible, considering how old the game is. I'm surprised that it came second in the voting. As for Rome, it's a strategy game that goes on sale for a couple of dollars every few months. It was never going to win the vote, even if everyone didn't already have the game. So...yeah, Quake seemed like the one most likely to win.
#4 Posted by Socijalisticka (1554 posts) -

I'm quite happy to that. People haven't lost sight of the true classic.

#5 Posted by Elann2008 (33028 posts) -
Here's me, counting on a good flash sale in the next 22 minutes.
#6 Posted by Jebus213 (8919 posts) -
COD4 for 50% off is pretty terrible, considering how old the game is. I'm surprised that it came second in the voting. Planeforger
50% off is decent for a 19$ game. Also plenty of people still play the multiplayer.
#7 Posted by Elann2008 (33028 posts) -
[QUOTE="Planeforger"]COD4 for 50% off is pretty terrible, considering how old the game is. I'm surprised that it came second in the voting. Jebus213
Decent for a 19$ game. Also plenty of people still play the multiplayer.

It's usually $10 everywhere all year round. It shouldn't even be on the voting.
#8 Posted by UCF_Knight (6863 posts) -
Here's me, counting on a good flash sale in the next 22 minutes.Elann2008
Don't get your hopes up. :P
[QUOTE="Planeforger"]COD4 for 50% off is pretty terrible, considering how old the game is. I'm surprised that it came second in the voting. Jebus213
50% off is decent for a 19$ game. Also plenty of people still play the multiplayer.

Exactly. Quake has had sales for ages. This was a rare opportunity to snatch COD4 for 10 bucks.
#9 Posted by Jebus213 (8919 posts) -
[QUOTE="Jebus213"][QUOTE="Planeforger"]COD4 for 50% off is pretty terrible, considering how old the game is. I'm surprised that it came second in the voting. Elann2008
Decent for a 19$ game. Also plenty of people still play the multiplayer.

It's usually $10 everywhere all year round. It shouldn't even be on the voting.

Neither should Quake and Rome: Total War...
#10 Posted by UCF_Knight (6863 posts) -
It's usually $10 everywhere all year round. It shouldn't even be on the voting.Elann2008
I've been looking for a while and I've never seen it cheaper than $15. Where have you seen it for $10?
#11 Posted by Elann2008 (33028 posts) -
Call of Duty 4 $10.
#12 Posted by LP4EVA2005 (8585 posts) -
Do you plan on creating a thread for every community choice you dislike....
#13 Posted by Jebus213 (8919 posts) -
Call of Duty 4 $10.Elann2008
"ON SALE FROM $19.99" Also the majority of retailers only sell the GOTY version.
#14 Posted by Jebus213 (8919 posts) -
Do you plan on creating a thread for every community choice you dislike....LP4EVA2005
Yes, yes I do.
#15 Posted by UCF_Knight (6863 posts) -
Call of Duty 4 $10.Elann2008
I think I'd rather pay the 10 extra bucks than download the 'Gamestop App'.
#16 Posted by Planeforger (16164 posts) -

A $19 game? It's still $49 here in Australia, for some reason.

I'm honestly surprised that there's a region of the world where Activision isn't attempting to screw over their customers.

#17 Posted by metroidfood (11175 posts) -

COD4 for 50% off is pretty terrible, considering how old the game is. I'm surprised that it came second in the voting. As for Rome, it's a strategy game that goes on sale for a couple of dollars every few months. It was never going to win the vote, even if everyone didn't already have the game. So...yeah, Quake seemed like the one most likely to win. Planeforger

Yeah, for a company that releases a new CoD every year you'd think they'd discount some of their older titles better.

#18 Posted by Elann2008 (33028 posts) -

[QUOTE="Elann2008"]Call of Duty 4 $10.Jebus213
"ON SALE FROM $19.99" Also the majority of retailers only sell the GOTY version.

Ebay. Besides, it's an old COD game. If anyone wanted it, they would have had it by now.

#19 Posted by Calvin079 (16406 posts) -

I was hoping Blops 2 would go on sale- $50 isn't worth it. But $25-$15 it would be!

#20 Posted by Jebus213 (8919 posts) -
I'm just gonna go ahead and say Portal 2 is going to win.
#21 Posted by UCF_Knight (6863 posts) -
Vote DOTA2, people!
#22 Posted by Goyoshi12 (9687 posts) -

Vote DOTA2, people!UCF_Knight

Why?

#23 Posted by Jebus213 (8919 posts) -
Why? It's eventually gonna be F2P...
#24 Posted by Elann2008 (33028 posts) -
CS: GO, Portal 2.. I think Valve ran out of ideas or they are really saving the best for last... Then again, there's probably nothing else interesting to put on sale. I still want Command & Conquer 3 xD
#25 Posted by Jebus213 (8919 posts) -
[QUOTE="UCF_Knight"]Vote DOTA2, people!Elann2008
CS: GO, Portal 2.. I think Valve ran out of ideas or they are really saving the best for last... Then again, there's probably nothing else interesting to put on sale. I still want Command & Conquer 3 xD

They should let us vote for Dishonored and Darksiders 2 again...
#26 Posted by Elann2008 (33028 posts) -
[QUOTE="Elann2008"][QUOTE="UCF_Knight"]Vote DOTA2, people!Jebus213

They should let us vote for Dishonored and Darksiders 2 again...

I'm game xD Dishonored is easily one of the best games out this year. Darksiders 2 was my surprise favorite. I didn't really give the game a chance and I ended up liking it. Dang, I wish the THQ collection had separate codes for the main base games.
#27 Posted by UCF_Knight (6863 posts) -

[QUOTE="UCF_Knight"]Vote DOTA2, people!Goyoshi12

Why?

I already have the other games and I want early access. :P Portal 2 is going to be on sale 500x though. And CS:GO isn't going to win anyways. Might as well vote to pay six bucks for the opportunity to play DOTA 2 a lot earlier than the release date.
#28 Posted by kris9031998 (7554 posts) -
[QUOTE="Goyoshi12"]

[QUOTE="UCF_Knight"]Vote DOTA2, people!UCF_Knight

Why?

I already have the other games and I want early access. :P Portal 2 is going to be on sale 500x though. And CS:GO isn't going to win anyways. Might as well vote to pay six bucks for the opportunity to play DOTA 2 a lot earlier than the release date.

*cough* i have a dota 2 key if you want it... Anyway, i want a crusader kings 2 sale. I mean, i know it was on sale before the sale, but games have already repeatedly gone on sale so why not?
#29 Posted by Elann2008 (33028 posts) -

[QUOTE="UCF_Knight"][QUOTE="Goyoshi12"]

Why?

kris9031998

*cough* i have a dota 2 key if you want it... Anyway, i want a crusader kings 2 sale. I mean, i know it was on sale before the sale, but games have already repeatedly gone on sale so why not?

Dude, it's $10 on GMG without the coupon code. Apply coupon code and there's your super sale! Wake up Kris! :P It's also steamworks so yeah.

#30 Posted by kris9031998 (7554 posts) -
[QUOTE="Elann2008"][QUOTE="kris9031998"][QUOTE="UCF_Knight"] I already have the other games and I want early access. :P Portal 2 is going to be on sale 500x though. And CS:GO isn't going to win anyways. Might as well vote to pay six bucks for the opportunity to play DOTA 2 a lot earlier than the release date.

Dude, it's $10 on GMG without the coupon code. Apply coupon code and there's your super sale! Wake up Kris! :P

Talking about the collection version. No one but steam seems to have it....
#31 Posted by Elann2008 (33028 posts) -

[QUOTE="Elann2008"][QUOTE="kris9031998"] *cough* i have a dota 2 key if you want it... Anyway, i want a crusader kings 2 sale. I mean, i know it was on sale before the sale, but games have already repeatedly gone on sale so why not?kris9031998
Dude, it's $10 on GMG without the coupon code. Apply coupon code and there's your super sale! Wake up Kris! :P

Talking about the collection version. No one but steam seems to have it....

Don't fall for Steam's bundles and franchise packs, and collections. Buy it from GMG for like $7, and buy the add-on DLC's separately. They come out to be way cheaper than the collection.

Buy the base game from GMG, and add-ons from Steam. Comes out to be like $15.

#32 Posted by UCF_Knight (6863 posts) -
[QUOTE="kris9031998"]*cough* i have a dota 2 key if you want it... Anyway, i want a crusader kings 2 sale. I mean, i know it was on sale before the sale, but games have already repeatedly gone on sale so why not?

I definitely want one! :o
#33 Posted by Baranga (14217 posts) -

Best game wins.

#34 Posted by kris9031998 (7554 posts) -

[QUOTE="kris9031998"][QUOTE="Elann2008"]

Don't fall for Steam's bundles and franchise packs, and collections. Buy it from GMG for like $7, and buy the add-on DLC's separately. They come out to be way cheaper than the collection.

Buy the base game from GMG, and add-ons from Steam. Comes out to be like $15.

Elann2008
I actually got Civ V G & K instead, for $3.15 it's totally worth it. [QUOTE="UCF_Knight"][QUOTE="kris9031998"]*cough* i have a dota 2 key if you want it... Anyway, i want a crusader kings 2 sale. I mean, i know it was on sale before the sale, but games have already repeatedly gone on sale so why not?

I definitely want one! :o

Add me on steam, Darth Unnamed
#35 Posted by wis3boi (31909 posts) -

I was hoping Blops 2 would go on sale- $50 isn't worth it. But $25-$15 it would be!

Calvin079

nice pipedream, theyre still selling the old ones for $30+

#36 Posted by nutcrackr (12822 posts) -
funny, the most popular choice is bad? sorry but valve will keep doing this because they can expect more sales by putting those in demand on sale.
#37 Posted by Calvin079 (16406 posts) -

[QUOTE="UCF_Knight"][QUOTE="Goyoshi12"]

Why?

kris9031998

Crusader Kings II is fun but the learning curve is ROUGH.

#38 Posted by lostrib (41844 posts) -

Didnt they do it last year?