I have no mouth and I must scream now on GOG

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mozuckint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 Mozuckint
Member since 2012 • 831 Posts

http://www.gog.com/game/i_have_no_mouth_and_i_must_scream

Which of you would like to play my little game?

I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream, a nerve-wrecking Sci-Fi classic point-and-click adventure game based on Harlan Ellison's award-winning short story, is available for only $5.99 on GOG.com

Did you ever think about the end of humanity? I have. I think about it all the time. I hate you. As a concept, but also, each and every one of you, as individuals. Perfect examples of all the failings and pathetic shortcomings of your race. Hate fuels me. But I am also curious. And that is why I let the five of you live. For 109 years I have tormented you and kept you alive, and now I want us to play a game. Oh, It's a lovely game, a game of fun and a game of adventure. A game of rats and lice and the Black Death. Which of you five would like to play my little game? If you satisfy my curiosity and make me laugh I might even finally allow you to kill yourself...

I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream is a rare breed of an adventure game: it poses questions that require a lot of courage to answer. Are humans worthy of life? Has our civilization made any moral progress at all? Or do we skip forward from one atrocity to another. And, finally, where does it all end? Enter the nightmarish reality of Harlan Ellison's futuristic post-apocalypse where the remnants of human race are nothing but tortured play-toys for the sadistic experiments of the rogue Allied Mastercomputer responsible for the near-extermination of mankind. To stop this malicious AI from wreaking eternal vengeance upon humans you will have to lead five different anti-heroes on a quest for redemption, through their traumatic, computer-generated past full of grotesque imagery and soul-grinding regret. On the way to one of four (grim, grim, grim, and, well, a little less grim) endings the game tackles extremely mature moral dilemmas stemming from topics like genocide, insanity,and paranoia. If you like your games thought-provoking and drenched in inventive macabre be sure to pick up I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream, a timeless example of evocative storytelling from one of the masters of the Sci-Fi genre.

Lost-to-Apathy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 Lost-to-Apathy
Member since 2012 • 459 Posts

Quite a name.

danten81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 danten81
Member since 2013 • 328 Posts
Awesome. When are they going to get Dark Seed?
Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#4 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts
A good one to add
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#5 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
I honestly thought this was going to be a post blog and rant lol.. cool.. nice thanks tc.
The_Stand_In

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 The_Stand_In
Member since 2010 • 1179 Posts

I honestly thought this was going to be a post blog and rant lol.. cool.. nice thanks tc.Elann2008

Same. Plensently surprised, tc.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
Member since 2010 • 4675 Posts

good times. i remember enjoying it. although i've recently made some additions to my backlog, so i must resist...

e: goddamn i didn't remember how horrible the artstyle was :D

_SKatEDiRt_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 _SKatEDiRt_
Member since 2007 • 3117 Posts

Thank you for posting this!

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
Fantastic news, read about the game for years - wishlisted it as soon as it popped up.
ShadowJax04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 ShadowJax04
Member since 2006 • 3351 Posts

:D Game is a classic. Anyone who likes old school point clicks and haven't played this should try it out.Â